|This article is about a/an kaijin in Kamen Rider, the original series.|
|Episodes:|| The Terrifying Bat Man|
Tokageron and the Big Monster Army
|Actors:|| Eken Mine (Voice)|
Yoshinobu Sano (Human Form)
Kanji Tsuda (The First)
|Bat Man's Human Form|
Bat Man carries in his fangs a sentient virus engineered by Shocker, capable of turning people into vampire-fanged servants under his control. He used an apartment building as a laboratory, until Kamen Rider 1 arrived to investigate one of the "live test subjects" who had attacked him. Bat Man is injured in a fight and puts himself under a trance-like hypnosis along with the people his bites had infected. After Hongo had left and Ruriko Midorikawa arrived, he woke himself and infected her, in the process revealing that it was Shocker and not Hongo who had killed her father. He attempted to barter her life for Hongo, revealing that he has the antidote for the virus in his claws. Upon gaining this knowledge, Hongo attacked, and in the ensuing fight, Bat Man is destroyed by Rider 1's Rider Throw. Afterwards, Hongo used its claws to cure the infected people.
He was later resurrected by Shocker as part of the Revived Kaijin Army against Rider 1 but is destroyed again along with his fellow revived Inhumanoids when Tokageron's Barrier Destruction Ball is used against them.
Bat Man also made a brief return appearance in the monster army of the Kamen Rider vs. Shocker movie, but did not actually have an active participation there.
In the original manga, Bat Man got impaled with a cross by Kamen Rider #1.
- Main article: Bat
In the remake movie, Kamen Rider The First, Bat Man's counterpart is referred to simply as Bat (バット Batto) and is a field captain in Shocker's ranks. He is responsible for the "recruitment" (abduction) of potential Inhumanoid candidates, including Hongo, taking said role from Spider Man's combatmen in the original series. He is the only Shocker soldier depicted as being capable of flight. He is ultimately destroyed by Kamen Rider 1 and 2's Double Rider Kick.
to be added
Powers and Abilities
Bat Man can turn his victims into vampire-fanged servants with a virus-transmitting bite; these servants are presumably also capable of transmitting the virus through bites. He is also able to fly and is armed with Razor Sharp Claws.
- to be added
Behind the Scenes
Bat Man and fellow Inhumanoid, Spider Man is seen as an "icon" for most Kaijin first created or encountered as most of them are either bat or spider based.
Many of these first/early bat-motif monsters that appeared about the same position as Bat Man include:
- Vampire Bat Beastman (Kamen Rider Amazon)
- Komorujin (Kamen Rider (Skyrider))
- Bat Mutant (Kamen Rider Black)
- Koumori Man (Kamen Rider ZO)
- Zu-Gooma-Gu (Kamen Rider Kuuga)
- Bat Undead (Kamen Rider Blade)
- Bat Imagin (Kamen Rider Den-O)
- Roidmude 088 (Kamen Rider Drive)
- In two universes where there are bat-themed Kamen Riders, they usually appear at the beginning, generally fighting a spider-kaijin.
Name's the same
Bat Man is not to be confused with the similarly named DC Comics character.
- Bat Man was featured in the "kaijin gallery" accompanying the opening narration, following the opening sequence, from episodes 5 to 13.
- A portrait of Bat Man appeared lining a wall with those of the other original four kaijin (Spider Man, Scorpion Man, and Sarracenian), in a Shocker base where Gebacondor was created with the strongest traits of the past kaijin defeated by Kamen Rider.