|This article is about a/an ally in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
|Series:||Kamen Rider Ex-Aid|
Cooking Video Games
|Ally Type:||Video game character/Bugster|
Tsukuru Koboshi (creator)
|First Appearance:||A Nonstandard BURGSTER?|
|Last Appearance:||A Nonstandard BURGSTER?|
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: True Ending (merchandise, cameo)
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
Burgermon (バーガーモン Bāgāmon) is a Bugster born from data of the cooking video game, Ju Ju Burger.
Burgermon was created from Tsukuru Koboshi after he finished the data of the game Ju Ju Burger which was infected with the Bugster virus. After emerging, he immediately began acting benevolent and friendly to Tsukuru, the two becoming like father and son. He was encountered by Emu, bringing himself to CR's attention; despite being friendly, his presence was still exacerbating Tsukuru's game illness, and could lead to him disappearing despite not wanting to make him. Seeing he was a danger to his friend and treated as a villain by everyone he met, he accepted his character's intended role and tried attacking people, but was faced by Ex-Aid using the Ju Ju Burger Gashat to become Burger Action Gamer Level 4. Ex-Aid said that not all villains were meant to be defeated, using a Ju Ju Critical Strike to turn the ammunition Burgermon was shooting at him into a hamburger that he presented to the Bugster; this made Burgermon smile, an action which cleared Ju Ju Burger and cured Tsukuru of the game illness. However, they were attacked by Kamen Rider Genm Zombie Gamer Level X, who used Critical Dead to target the wayward Bugster and Tsukuru; Burgermon ran into the attack to protect his friend, being destroyed in the process.
He is overall polite, kind, and somewhat childlike. However, he was willing to sacrifice himself to save Tsukuru not once, but twice, one of which involved trying to make himself look like a villain so the heroes could defeat him without feeling regret for doing so, the other by running into Genm's Critical Dead zombie manifestations meant for Tsukuru.
The Bugsters originate as the microscopic Bugster Virus (バグスターウイルス Bagusutā Uirusu), a result of humans being contaminated by the Bugster, thus developing the condition known as the Game Illness (ゲーム病 Gēmu-byō).
Skipping the Bugster Union stage entirely, Burgermon emerged and split from his host almost immediately after the initial infection. He is based on Burgermon, the main antagonist of the game Ju Ju Burger. Instead of being fought and defeated, however, the point of the game was to prepare Burgermon a "Ju Ju burger" to make him smile.
Despite having a simple mouth on his main face, his entire hamburger head apparently opens up into a gigantically wide mouth.
Powers and Abilities
He can launch weaponized hamburger ingredients from the conveyor belt on his left arm.
Behind the Scenes
Burgermon was voiced by Tsuyoshi Koyama (小山 剛志 Koyama Tsuyoshi), who is known for voicing Kamen Rider Odin and the Visors from Kamen Rider Ryuki, and portrayed by suit actor Jiro Uchikawa (内川 仁朗 Uchikawa Jirō).
- Burgermon's suit appears to be a recolored version of the base suits used by Collabos Bugsters, with the addition of hamburger buns on its head.
- In a similar manner to Poppy Pipopapo, Burgermon's status as a benevolent Bugster may be related to his model character Burgermon not being a conventional antagonist due to the player's goal being to make him smile as opposed to defeating him in a violent manner.
- This is further evidenced in Taiga's attacks not being as effective, similar to how Collabos Bugster (DoReMiFa Beat) required rhythm to fight properly.
- Burgermon is very similar to Roidmude 072 and Gazai Gamma from the previous two series.
- The three of them come from their respectives villain factions but they decided to follow the side of good.
- The three of them want to live a normal life alongside the humans.
- The three of them befriended certain humans who took care of them and do whatever is necessary to protect them in exchange.
- Both 072 and Burgermon are destroyed by an antagonist in their only episode.
- Like Poppy, Burgermon can enter and exit the Game Cabinet in CR at will alongside her.
- Coincidentally, there is a Digimon character that shares his name with the game character Burgermon Bugster took his likeness and abilities from.
- As he has achieved the complete form, it is unknown if he will reapppear like Graphite did.
- Burgermon's design makes him a little similar to Mayor McCheese from the McDonalds franchise.
- This fact is ironic as McDonalds is one of the sponsors of Toei.
- Furthering the comparison, his Double Cheese form has a small badge that looks like an upside-down form of the iconic "M" seen on products and signage.
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
- Episode 17: A Nonstandard BURGSTER?
- Episode 18: The Truth Exposed (flashback; archive footage only)
- Episode 21: Chasing the Mystery! (flashback; archive footage only)
- Episode 26: Players Who Bet on Survival (flashback; archive footage only)
- Episode 28: Beyond Your Identity (flashback; archive footage only)
- Episode 29: We're Me!? (archival mention only)
- Episode 44: The Last Smile (flashback; archive footage only)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid: True Ending (merchandise cameo only)