|This article is about a/an kaijin in Kamen Rider, the original series.|
Cobra Man (コブラ男 Kobura Otoko, 9) - A cobra monster. An Extended cobra arm can be utilized, the same arm contains fangs that disperse poisonous gas (the fangs are later knocked out by a guard dog). He can travel underground after creating a whirlwind. He was defeated by Kamen Rider #1's Rider Kick.
Remodeled Cobra Man
He is later revived as Remodeled Cobra Man (改造コブラ男 Kaizō Kobura Otoko, 10, 13) with the added ability of breathing fire before being destroyed by Kamen Rider #1's Rider Reversal. He was later resurrected by Shocker as part of the Revived Kaijin Army before being destroyed by Tokageron's special bomb.
- Main article: Cobra
In the remake movie, Kamen Rider The First, Cobra Man is simply known as Cobra (コブラ Kobura), the brainwashed state of Haruhiko Mitamura (三田村 晴彦 Mitamura Haruhiko), he is a special class soldier assigned to Bat's squadron, and later works independently alongside his romantic interest, Snake (formerly known as Miyoko Harada). He is mortally wounded by Kamen Rider 1's Rider Kick and dies while holding Snake's lifeless body in his arms.
Video game appearances
Kamen Rider Club
Behind the scenes
As Cobra Man is both the first monster to be revived after being destroyed and the first to be improved or remodeled. He is also an "icon" of Kamen Rider Series with several characters from Heisei Kamen Rider Series homage to.
- A cobra-theme rider, Kamen Rider Ouja, was featured as a main villain in Kamen Rider Ryuki as a nod to the Cobra Man.
- Snake Orphnoch, an Orphnoch who has a "jacket" design inspired by the Cobra Man from Kazuhiko Shimamoto's Skull Man manga.
- Cobra Imagin (Kamen Rider Den-O)
- Roidmude 029 (Kamen Rider Drive)
- Blood Stalk and Kamen Rider Evol (Kamen Rider Build)