|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ghost.|
- "How can you be sure that you're the real Makoto?"
- ―A Copy Makoto, when asked about what he is to the real Makoto[src]
As explained by Edith, the copies were a side effect of Makoto's usage of the Deep Specter Eyecon. The Eyecon draws power from the Gammaizers to give it incredible strength, hence the Gammaizers created the copies as a counter to this.
But it is later revealed that they are only some of the "prototype" Makoto created by Danton.
One of them is summoned by Adel, initially appearing in a singlet, similar to when Makoto's original body was kept in the Gamma World.
The copy, later in a Gamma uniform, was spotted by Kanon near the Fumin takoyaki stand. Kanon wondered why "Makoto" was wearing that uniform and followed him, only for him to disappear. She later returned to the Daitenku Temple, finding the real Makoto sitting together with Shibuya and Narita, all three who had been there the entire time.
The copy is later spotted by Makoto himself after a battle with the Hikoki Gamma Perfect. Makoto rushes after him.
Confrontations with the real Makoto Fukami
Upon being caught up with, Makoto demands to know who he is, and he replies, "I'm you". He transforms into Specter Damashii and fights the real Makoto, who becomes Deep Specter. The two activate their Omega Drives, deflecting each others' kicks before Makoto's connects, knocking his copy out of his transformation. He disappears into purple smoke as Makoto gets a sudden pain in his chest, before another copy steps up and takes Specter Damashii. Makoto and this duplicate fight with the Deep Slasher and Gan Gun Hand in Blaster and Gun modes respectively, triggering Omega Drives and shooting at each other, dodging until they both connect at the same time, knocking both of them out of their transformations. The copy again disappears, and Makoto gets another sudden pain in his chest, collapsing.
Makoto continues to hunt down and fight these copies, feeling more pain each time he defeats one. He encounters another which continues to taunt him about not being sure he's the real Makoto and fights it, the two Omega Drive slashing each other with their weapons, knocking both out of their transformations; the copy again disappears, saying Makoto will fight until he disappears. It is then revealed, but not to anyone, that Adel has many more Makoto copies.
Makoto soon tracks down another and, getting better at fighting them, sidesteps their Omega Drive kick to slash them in midair with the Deep Slasher. It again taunts him that he'll disappear and disappears itself. Later, another one is summoned by Adel to fight Deep Specter during his first attack on Takeru. Makoto runs through a barrage from the Gan Gun Hand in Gun mode and defeats the duplicate with an Omega Drive punch, but Makoto collapses out of his transformation from pain.
After Adel connects with the Great Eye, he revives all of the Gammaizers, which create more Makoto clones that eventually fuse into a singular being. This being is now able to assume the Deep Specter form via a second Deep Specter Eyecon. Later, the Eyecon also allows this clone to assume the clothes of the original Makoto in order to further throw off his friends, and read the thoughts of the original Makoto. This has somehow enabled him to experience feelings such as that of friendship, as seen when he tried to pose off as the real Makoto in the basement of the Daitenku Temple. He is then caught by the real Makoto, who brings him outside for another duel. As both of them perform their Omega Drive kicks towards each other, Kanon rushes forward calling at both of them to stop. The resulting debris caused by the impact of the two kicks almost hits Kanon, until the clone Makoto saves her, while the real Makoto watches from afar. At the same time, the clone Makoto wonders why he's doing all of this, and continues to think about the feeling of friendship.
The clone Makoto later follows Takeru and the others into the Gamma World, with the real Makoto following suit sometime later. When the real Makoto is fatally wounded, the clone Makoto gives his life to the real Makoto, sacrificing himself to save him.
Kamen Rider Ghost RE:BIRTH: Kamen Rider Specter
Danton discovers that 15 of his "Makoto" prototypes are missing, realising that Adel used them for his own purposes.
The menagerie of failed Makoto and Kanon clones were later destroyed by the real Makoto using the Gan Gun Hand, thus freeing their souls. Upon its destruction, the collective souls of these clones manifested into a specter of "Makoto", smiling at the real Makoto before fading.
Copy Makoto is made to make sure it's the end of the real Makoto and become the new Makoto by absorbing his minds and soul whenever he is defeated. Initially cold but after many defeats and absorbing, he unintentionally absorbed Makoto's heart to the others, slowly turning into a flawless copy of Makoto (even Kanon initially noticed the fake can't notice the latest copy). His life finally ended after becoming one with the real Makoto before his death for protecting Takeru.
Specter's forms are called Damashii (魂 Damashī, Souls), accessed using the Ghost Eyecons. He also bears a headpiece called the Persona (ペルソナ Perusona, Latin for "Mask"), which gives off a glow effect with the rest of his body. The Persona changes with Specter's numerous Damashii forms, as well as serving as a prefix title for all of the Damashii forms' helms.
Differentiating himself from Kamen Rider Ghost, Specter normally bears a pair of Wisp Horns (ウィスプホーン Wisupu Hōn) on his head in most of his Damashii forms, allowing him to use them either for perceiving and sensing Gamma within a 8 km. radius or as a weapon.
By pulling and pushing the Ghost Driver's lever a second time after transforming, Specter can activate an Omega Drive (オメガドライブ Omega Doraibu) finishing attack tied to the Ghost Eyecon currently being used. If he pulls and pushes the lever four times, he can instead execute an Oomedama (オオメダマ Ōmedama, lit. "Giant eyeball" (大目玉)) special attack.
Transient (トランジェント Toranjento) form is the default pre-form armor of Kamen Rider Specter Like most pre-forms in the Kamen Rider Series, it is weaker than all of the other forms and exists solely as a transition stage of the armor to any given Damashii form.
- "Kaigan: Specter! Ready, Go! Kakugo! Doki Doki Ghost!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 202.5 cm.
- Weight: 96.5 kg.
- Punching power: 6 t.
- Kicking power: 10.5 t.
- Maximum jump height: 43 m.
- Maximum running speed: 100 m. per 5.6 sec.
Specter Damashii (スペクター魂 Supekutā Damashī, lit. "Specter Soul") is Specter's default blue form. Accessed through the Specter Ghost Eyecon, this form bears the Persona Berserk (ペルソナバーサーク Perusona Bāsāku) helmet with the Face Berserk (フェイスバーサーク Feisu Bāsāku) faceplate.
While assuming Specter Damashii, Specter dons the Berserk Reflector (バーサークリフレクター Bāsāku Rifurekutā).
In this form, Specter has much more power than Ghost has in his Ore Damashii. He also has more agility than Ghost, making Specter overall is more prowess than Ghost. In a similar vein to Ghost's anti-gravity levitation, Specter can utilize superhuman speed, which commonly used as an escape from the enemy or simply a method of transportation.
This version of Specter is presumably much more powerful than the original Specter's default form, as it is shown to be able to fight on par with Kamen Rider Deep Specter.
This forms finisher is the Omega Drive (Specter) (オメガドライブ スペクター Omega Doraibu (Supekutā)): A flying kick that uses spiritual energy which makes the body and mask of Specter's form glow and envelops him in a blue flame. It can also be used as a slash or shooting attack with the Gan Gun Hand.
Appearances: Episode 37, 38, 41, 43
When Specter transforms into Deep versions of either his old forms (Nobunaga or Tutankhamun) or any of Takeru's, he bears twin Wisp Horns (ウィスプホーン Wisupu Hōn) on his head. The only exception to this rule is Houdini, which keeps the twin Striker Horns. and Grimm and Sanzo Damashiis, where he will instead bear Necrom's Sweep Horn.
Transient (トランジェント Toranjento) form is the default pre-form armor of Kamen Rider Deep Specter. Like most pre-forms in the Kamen Rider Series, it is weaker than all of the other forms and exists solely as a transition stage of the armor to any given Damashii form.
While transforming into Deep Specter, Specter's Transient is upgraded into a silver color with blue zigzag lines, his personal emblem embossed in pink, and purple accents on the shins and forearms.
- "Gen Kaigan: Deep Specter! Get, Go! Kakugo! Giza Giza Ghost!"
- ―Transformation announcement[src]
- Height: 208.5 cm.
- Weight: 129.0 kg.
- Punching power: 23.5 t.
- Kicking power: 26.5 t.
- Maximum jump height: 41.9 m.
- Maximum running speed: 100 m. per 5.2 sec.
Deep Specter (ディープスペクター Dīpu Supekutā) is Specter's power up form, accessed via the Deep Specter Eyecon. It is comparable to Ghost's Toucon Boost Damashii, in that Specter can mix and match his normal Damashii forms with Deep Specter's Transient form.
- Ghost Driver Finisher:
- Giga Omega Drive (Deep Specter) (ギガオメガドライブ ディープスペクター Giga Omega Doraibu (Dīpu Supekutā)): A flying kick that uses spiritual energy which makes the body and mask of Specter's form glow and envelops him in a manganese violet flame. It can also be used as a punch attack or a slash or shooting attack with the Deep Slasher.
- Deep Slasher Finishers:
- Omega Giri (オメガギリ lit. "Omega Slash"): In Sword Mode, Specter channels the energy of two Ghost Eyecons in his Deep Slasher and delivers a powerful slash.
- Omega Dama (オメガダマ lit. "Omega Orb"): In Blaster Mode, Specter channels the energy of two Ghost Eyecons in his Deep Slasher and delivers a powerful blast.
This Deep Specter Eyecon, however, was created as a clone by the Gammaizers, with the latter containing the backup copies of the Gammaizers. After the Perfect Gammaizer was destroyed by Ghost Mugen Damashii, the backup copies of Gammaizers stored in the cloned Deep Eyecon were reinstated, and fused with the Great Eye along with the combined form of Frey and Freya, to form the Great Eyezer.
Appearances: Episodes 45, 47, 48
Behind the scenes
- This copy's appearance in a TV series is a break from tradition where most imitation Riders appear in a DVD special.
- The only way to differentiate between the two Makotos is the real Makoto wears a leather jacket with a Face Berserk motif, while Copy Makoto wears a Gamma royal officer uniform like Adel.
- However in Episode 46, he even copied Makoto's leather jacket to disguise himself.
- It is possible that the copies may have been created from Makoto's own soul, which may explain Makoto's bouts of pain and collapses whenever a copy is destroyed.
- As of now, these copies in Specter Damashii have only ever been faced by Makoto as Deep Specter, perhaps so the audience can tell them apart or because only one Specter Damashii suit exists to be used.
- However, in episode 45, the copy starts using the Deep Specter form, thus further confusing the audience.
- Copy Makoto is the first copy who turns good and completely has his personality and heart become the same as the original, even teaming up with him at the cost of his death.
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://67.media.tumblr.com/023032344217d55f52c3d43eb5eb2cf2/tumblr_o9dr8wjiUH1utj85ho6_250.jpg
- ↑ http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ghost/rider/personaberserk/
- ↑ Uchusen Vol.150.
- ↑ Video clip on YouTube with Specter Damashii sound.
- ↑ http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ghost/rider/specter/ Specter specs
- ↑ http://kamenriderghost.tumblr.com/post/138802963805/dai4-has-posted-listings-that-confirm-the-recent