|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
Kamen Rider Ryuga
|Series:||Kamen Rider Ryuki|
|Motif:||Black Japanese Dragon|
Hero (Only: OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders)
|First Appearance:||Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final|
|Last Appearance:||OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders|
|Number of Episode|
1 (Ryuki Special)
Full list of appearances
Kamen Rider Ryuga
- "A Rider from Mirror World...Ryuga."
- ―Dark Shinji's introduction to some his opponent[src]
- "I'm no longer the illusion in the mirror. I exist...as the strongest among other Riders!"
- ―Dark Shinji's proclamation as the strongest of the Riders[src]
Dark Shinji also known as Mirror Side Shinji (鏡像の真司 Kyōzō no Shinji)  is one of the fictional character and the main antagonist in the Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final. He is one of the 13 Kamen Riders the story revolves around. He transforms into the Kamen Rider Ryuga (仮面ライダーリュウガ Kamen Raidā Ryūga, Masked Rider Ryuga) and resembles Kamen Rider Ryuki, but with a black look similar to Ryuki's Blank Form. Aside from a brief cameo in the TV Special 13 Riders, his only screen appearance was in the movie Episode: Final.
Fictional character biography
In the 13 Riders special (alternate retelling), Ryuga was among the Riders in the ending fight, only seen there. He and the remaining Riders activated their Final Vents on Shinji (as Kamen Rider Knight Survive).
Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final
In the alternative continuity of Episode Final, Yui Kanzaki had already met and befriended Shinji Kido, Kamen Rider Ryuki, when they were still both very young. As a result, the young and lonely Yui subconsciously created a duplicate of Shinji in the imaginary Mirror World. Several years later, this Shinji clone would adopt the identity of Kamen Rider Ryuga and join the Rider battle in order to pursue his goal of becoming a real person in the real world.
The Mirror World version of Shinji Kido could survive indefinitely in his own universe without any extra protection, but could only stay in the real world for a short time before he started to disintegrate.
Ryuga was twice mistaken for Ryuki. Ren had seen Ryuga attack Kamen Rider Femme while out fighting a Hydragoon, and thought Shinji had come to understand the meaning of the Rider War. He then demanded that Shinji fight him. Miho first mistook Ryuga as Shinji when Ryuga saved her before Kamen Rider Ouja could kill her. Ryuga himself had destroyed Genocider and reverted Ohja into his blank form. Femme then finished Blank Ouja off.
Kamen Rider Decade
In the World of Faiz, after Daiki takes Tsukasa's Ride Booker, Narutaki takes advantage of the situation as he takes Tsukasa into another dimension to be killed by Kamen Rider Ryuga. However, after interrogating Kiva-la on the whereabouts, Daiki intervenes while claiming it was to get the Faiz Gear as he gives Tsukasa back the Ride Booker.
In his fight with Ryuga, Diend summoned Kamen Rider Kiva ("A monster for a monster.") when Ryuga summoned Dragblacker, transforming him into his Final Form Ride Kiva Arrow form soon after. He used Kiva Arrow's Final Attack Ride to counter Ryuga's Final Vent. Diend's final attack prevailed, seemingly destroying both Ryuga and Dragblacker.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider Ryuga was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
In terms of character, Ryuga was the exact opposite of his real world counterpart. While the real Shinji was kind and innocent, the Mirror World version was cruel and scheming. He was responsible for the death of Kamen Rider Femme, mortally wounding her during their fight. Near the end of the movie, he met his own fate at the hands of his real world counterpart when, after a climatic showdown, the two Rider's Final Vents collided, Ryuki surviving while Ryuga perished.
Kamen Rider Ryuga
Like the original Shinji Kido, Dark Shinji transforms into Kamen Rider Ryuga through his Advent Deck and his V-Buckle.
- Height: 1.90m
- Weight: 60kg
- Punching power: 250 AP (12.5t)
- Kicking power: 450 AP (22.5t)
- Vision and Hearing: 17 km approx
- Maximum Jump Height: 40m
- Maximum Running Speed: 80km/h
Being a copy of Ryuki, Ryuga is "balanced" Rider with equally powerful melee and far-range fighting capabilities, he uses his black Black Drag Visor gauntlet on his left forearm to use Advent Cards from summoning his Drag Saber. His Final Vent is the Dragon Rider Kick, jumping into the air to emit dark energy that paralyzes the opponent's legs and then deliver a flying side kick with Dragblacker flying behind to boost the attack's power with its dark flame. Apparently, it's not as powerful as Ryuki's, as when the two collided, Ryuki's Final Vent won out and killed Ryuga.
- Main article: Dragblacker (Ryuki)
Modeled after a Chinese dragon and Ryuga's Contract Monster, Dragblacker is referred as the Dark Dragon (暗黒龍 Ankoku Ryū).
Ryuga's card reader, the Black Drag Visor (mounted on his left forearm) resembles the head of Dragblacker.
- Advent (AP: 6000): Summons Dragblacker.
- Final Vent (AP: 7000): Ryuga executes his version of the Dragon Rider Kick (ドラゴンライダーキック Doragon Raidā Kikku). He levitates into the air as Dragblacker snakes around behind him. He then goes into a kicking pose, and Dragblacker sends him flying towards the target with darkness, slamming into the target with incredible power. When used on Genocider, some of the darkness hit it, binding it to the floor, allowing Ryuga to kick it so hard, it was bifurcated.
- Strike Vent (AP: 3000): Summons Ryuga's version of the Drag Claw (ドラグクロー Doragu Kurō), which is used in conjunction with Dragblacker for the Drag Claw Fire (ドラグクローファイヤー Doragu Kurō Faiyā) attack. It resembles Dragblacker's head.
- Guard Vent (AP: 3000): Summons Ryuga's version of the Drag Shields (ドラグシールド Doragu Shīrudo). It resembles part of Dragblacker's undersides with its legs.
- Sword Vent (AP: 3000): Summons Ryuga's version of the Drag Saber (ドラグセイバー Doragu Seibā), resembling Dragblacker's bladed tail end. It resembles a Liuyedao.
Legend Rider Devices
- Kamen Ride: Ryuga: A Rider Card containing the power of Kamen Rider Ryuga. Used by Kamen Rider Diend to summon Kamen Rider Ryuga. This card is used by Diend in Kamen Rider Battle: Ganbaride. It is also one of the eight cards used by Diend Complete Form.
Behind the scenes
Mirror Image Shinji Kido is portrayed by Takamasa Suga (須賀 貴匡 Suga Takamasa), who also portrayed the lead role of Shinji Kido. As Kamen Rider Ryuga, his suit actors were Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō) and Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun).
- Ryuga's name can be translated as "Dragon Fang".
- Ryuga is the only Rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki that is a non-human, being a doppelganger of Shinji Kido that originated from Mirror World.
- In the Episode Final movie; Ryuga is actually the 13th Rider, being the last Rider to appear in the Rider Battle.
- The images on Ryuga's Advent Cards are recoloured and mirrored versions of Ryuki's, with the exception of the Advent and Final Vent cards.
- Despite having stronger AP in the Final Vent (7000 AP), Ryuga is defeated by Ryuki on the Dragon Rider Kick clash with Ryuki's Final Vent, who has 1000 AP lower than him (6000 AP). Likely due to the fact that Shinji's resolve made up for the difference in attack power, Ryuga was caught off-guard and was finished off.
- In Super Climax Heroes, Ryuga has a deeper voice than in the movie or special, despite being voiced by his original actor (Takamasa Suga).
- When Ryuga slots a card, the voice that announces its name is noticeably deeper than it is for the other Riders. However, this is not true of alternate versions appearing in Kamen Rider Decade.
- Dark Shinji/Ryuga shares a lot of similarities Snake of Clearing Eyes the main antagonist from Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors given that they have a dominant black color and they desired to continue to exist. Also, both of them are manipulative and have a lethal cocktail of having sadistic and homicidal tendencies, as shown when they had made a lot of killings, all for their objective to came into success.
- Like other Mirror Riders, he died an ironic death: Declaring himself the strongest Rider and also the "real" Shinji after manipulating Shinji into being possessed by him, only to die to the real Shinji because he didn't expect him to be so strong.