|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
|Kamen Rider Ryuga|
|Series:||Kamen Rider Ryuki|
|Motif:||Black Chinese Dragon|
|Homeworld:||Earth (Ryuki World)|
|First Appearance:||Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final|
|Last Appearance:||Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final|
|Number of Episode|
|1 (Movie) |
1 (Ryuki Special)
|Kamen Rider Ryuga|
- "I'm no longer the illusion in the mirror. I exist as the strongest among other riders"
- ―Dark Shinji's proclamation as the strongest among other riders[src]
Kamen Rider Ryuga (仮面ライダーリュウガ, Kamen Raidā Ryūga?) is one of the fictional character and the main antagonist in the Kamen Rider Ryuki: Episode Final. He is one of the 13 Kamen Riders the story revolves around. His Rider appearance resembles Kamen Rider Ryuki, but with a black look ripped all over and is similar to Ryuki's Blank Form. Aside from a brief cameo in the TV Special 13 Riders, his only screen appearance was in the movie Episode: Final. He is portrayed by Takamasa Suga.
Fictional character biography Edit
In the alternative continuity of Episode Final, Yui Kanzaki had already met and befriended Shinji Kido, Kamen Rider Ryuki, when they were still both very young. As a result, the young and lonely Yui subconsciously created a duplicate of Shinji in the imaginary Mirror World. Several years later, this Shinji clone would adopt the identity of Kamen Rider Ryuga and join the Rider battle in order to pursue his goal of becoming a real person in the real world.
The Mirror World version of Shinji Kido could survive indefinitely in his own universe without any extra protection, but could only stay in the real world for a short time before he started to disintegrate.
Ryuga was occasionally mistaken for Ryuki. Ren had seen Ryuga attack Kamen Rider Femme while out fighting a Hydragoon, and thought Shinji had come to understand the meaning of the Rider War. He then demanded that Shinji fight him. Miho also mistook Ryuga as Shinji when Ryuga saved her before Kamen Rider Ouja could kill her. Ryuga himself had destroyed Genocider and turned Ohja into blank form. Femme then finished Blank Ouja off.
In terms of character, Ryuga was the exact opposite of his real world counterpart. While the real Shinji was kind and innocent, the Mirror World version was cruel and scheming. He was responsible for the death of Kamen Rider Femme, mortally wounding her during their fight. Near the end of movie, he met his own fate at the hands of his real world counterpart when, after a climatic showdown, the two Rider's Final Vents collided, Ryuki surviving while Ryuga perished.
In the 13 Riders special (alternate retelling), Ryuga was among the Riders in the ending fight, only seen there. He and the remaining Riders activated their Final Vents on Shinji, then as Kamen Rider Knight Survive.
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen RidersEdit
Kamen Rider Ryuga was part of a group of reinforcement riders led by Akira Date/Kamen Rider Birth to aid the primary riders in defeating the Rock Great Leader. All the Kamen Riders got on their bikes and performed the All Rider Break attack which destroyed the Great Leader.
Like original Shinji Kido, Dark Shinji transforms into Kamen Rider Ryuga through his Advent Deck and his V-Buckle.
- Height: 1.90m
- Weight: 60kg
- Punching power: 250 AP (12.5t)
- Kicking power: 450 AP (22.5t)
- Vision and Hearing: 17 km approx
- Maximum Jump Height: 40m
- Maximum Running Speed: 80km/h
Being a copy of Ryuki, Ryuga is "balanced" Rider with equally powerful melee and far-range fighting capabilities, he uses his black Black Drag Visor gauntlet on his left forearm to use Advent Cards from summoning his Drag Saber. His Final Vent is the Dragon Rider Kick, jumping into the air to emit dark energy that paralyzes the opponent's legs and then deliver a flying side kick with Dragblacker flying behind to boost the attack's power with its dark flame. Apparently, it's not as powerful as Ryuki's, as when the two collided, Ryuki's Final Vent won out and killed Ryuga.
- Height: 1.93m
- Weight: 95kg
- Punching power: 350 AP
- Kicking power: 550 AP
- Maximum Jump Height: 50m
Kamen Rider Ryuga Survive (仮面ライダーリュウガサバイブ Kamen Raidā Ryūga Sabaibu) is Ryuga's ultimate form which only appeared in the second Ryuki's S.I.C. Hero Saga story in Monthly Hobby Japan magazine, Kamen Rider Ryuki: World of If (仮面ライダー龍騎 -IFの世界- Kamen Raidā Ryūki: IF no Sekai?). From the magazine, it is shown that Ryuga's Rider Visor also transforms into Drag Visor-Zwei like Ryuki. The armor looks exactly as Ryuki Survive's armor albeit recolored to match Ryuga's black color scheme.
Contract Monster Edit
Modeled after a Chinese dragon and Ryuga's Contract Monster, Dragblacker is referred as the Darkness.
Advent Deck Edit
Behind the scenesEdit
Mirror Image Shinji Kido is portrayed by Takamasa Suga (須賀 貴匡 Suga Takamasa?), who also portrayed the lead role of Shinji Kido. As Kamen Rider Ryuga, his suit actors were Jiro Okamoto (岡元 次郎 Okamoto Jirō?) and Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun?).
- Ryuga's name can mean "Dragon Fang".
- Ryuga is the only Rider in Kamen Rider Ryuki that is a non-human, being a doppelganger of Shinji Kido that originated from Mirror World.
- In Episode Final movie; Ryuga is actually the 13th Rider, being the last Rider to appear in the Rider Battle.
- Despite having stronger AP in the Final Vent (7000 AP), Ryuga is defeated by Ryuki on the Dragon Rider Kick clash with Ryuki's Final Vent, who has 1000 AP lower than him (6000 AP). The reason for this is never explained. Although, there is a possibility that Ryuki aimed for Ryuga's Card Deck that killed him while Ryuga completely missed hitting Ryuki for Ryuki comes out unscathed.
- In Super Climax Heroes, Ryuga have a deeper voice than in the movie or special, despite being voiced by his original actor (Takamasa Suga).
- When Ryuga slots a card, the voice that announces its name is noticeably deeper than it is for the other Riders. However, this is not true of alternate versions appearing in Kamen Rider Decade.