|This article is about a/an item in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
Energy Items (エナジーアイテム Enajī Aitemu) are medal-like power up items created by Game Areas, whenever any person activates a Rider Gashat, and are hidden in certain places in the Game Area. When Ex-Aid collects one, he says "Item Get" (アイテムゲット Aitemu Getto).
Initially hidden inside Gashat-specific item containers and only seen when released and used, Perfect Puzzle's debut in Episode 15 caused them to start generating sitting or floating out in the open in large numbers. As of Episode 38, Masamune Dan/Kamen Rider Cronus put the Energy Items under his oversight, and they stopped being generated in the battlefield, now only available through the case he carries.
List of Items
Depending on which games and corresponding Gashats are used, Energy Items that are generated can be hidden in various container items, though not every container has one:
- Mighty Action X / Proto Mighty Action X / Mighty Brothers XX: Energy Items are hidden in chocolate blocks.
- Taddle Quest: Energy Items are hidden in treasure chests.
- Bang Bang Shooting: Energy Items are hidden in metallic drums.
- Bakusou Bike: Energy Items are hidden in trophy stands.
- Dangerous Zombie / Taddle Fantasy: Rather than (or in addition to) generating Energy Items, this game generates Bugster Viruses. This is likely due to the player character being a villain.
- Perfect Puzzle: Energy Items are generated in the open instead of being hidden by default. It can also turn all Item containers from other games into Energy Items.
Since the debut of Kamen Rider Para-DX and his first usage of Perfect Puzzle's power, the Energy Items are kept revealed by default, all Gashats thereafter spawning only loose Items without containers. However, the Kyuranger crossover episode featured a Chocolate Block prop in the background, likely as Perfect Puzzle hadn't been used in that universe. Why they generated loose in the Kamen Rider Ex-Aid "Tricks": Kamen Rider Genm specials only to return to item containers for a few more episodes continuity-wise, however, is a mystery.
- The Energy Items shared the same design with the medals in the arcade game Kamen Rider Buttobasoul. It is possible the game was giving an early preview of them.
- Some of the Energy Items are also seen in real world version of the game Mighty Action X.
- Though any items can appear as CGI, only 8 of them seem to commonly appear as physical props: Muscular, Speeding-Up, Iron-Body, High-Jump, Invisible, Instigate, Confusion, and Recover.
- Given its video game motif, some of the Energy Items are loosely based on power ups or status effects from popular games:
- Speeding-Up is based on the Power Sneakers power-up from the Sonic the Hedgehog games.
- The size changing powers are based on the Mega and Mini Mushrooms from the Super Mario franchise, as is the Iron-Body, as its counterpart is the Metal Cap.
- Recover and Confuse are based on RPG status effects in games, such as the Pokémon franchise.
- Muscular is similar to RPG stat buffer abilities such as in the Final Fantasy series or similar strength-enhancing power ups from various games.
- Instigate is based on RPG effects that "taunt" and "draw aggro" such as the Dragon Quest franchise.
- Diamond-Body being an upgrade of Iron-Body may be a reference to the Iron and stronger Diamond Armor tiers in Minecraft.
- The objects where Energy Items are hidden are based on ones from popular games:
- The blocks are based on brick blocks from the Super Mario franchise.
- The treasure chests are based on fantasy RPGs such as Dragon Quest or adventure games like The Legend of Zelda.
- The barrel drums are based on ones in shooter games like Gun.Smoke or beat 'em ups like Streets of Rage.
- While the trophies are based on ones from racing games, they operate more like vehicular combat item containers, much like in games such as the Mario Kart franchise.
- The Energy Items, being concealed in generic objects which must be opened or destroyed before acquiring them, are similar to objects most common in side-scroller and first-person shooter games, such as Super Mario Bros. and the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
- Ex-Aid's use of the phrase "Item Get!" and pose he does when he says it is most likely a reference to the meme spawned by the phrase "Shine Get!" from Super Mario Sunshine.
- Some of the Energy Items are similar to powers used by other Kamen Riders:
- Iron-Body's name and effect are similar to Kamen Rider Blade's Metal Trilobite Rouze Card and its Rider Card version AttackRide: Blade Metal.
- Giant is similar to Kamen Rider J's Jumbo Formation.
- Speeding-Up is a limited speed boost ability like Faiz's Axel Form, the Mach Jaguar Rouze Card and its Rider Card version AttackRide: Mach, any of Kamen Rider OOO's Combos that have the Cheetah Legs, and Drive's Type Speed shifted-up three times.
- Muscular and Shrink are similar to the Excite and Small Wizard Rings that Kamen Rider Wizard used in his series.
- However, Muscular did not change the user's appearance unlike Excite.
- Invisible is similar to the identically named AttackRide cards used by Kamen Riders Decade and Diend, the Clear Vent Advent Card used by Kamen Rider Verde, as well as the Stealth Module used by Kamen Rider Fourze.
- Liquefaction is similar to Bio Rider's liquefaction ability, Kamen Rider OOO Shauta's Combo liquefaction ability, Kamen Rider Wizard's Liquid Wizard Ring, Kamen Rider Leangle's Gel Jellyfish Rouze Card (although Leangle never used Gel Jellyfish card), and Kamen Rider Necrom's Quantum Liquid body.
- Separation is similar to Kamen Rider Garren's Gemini Zebra Rouze Card, Kamen Rider Knight's Trick Vent Advent Card, Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba Combo's ability, and Decade's and Diend's Attack Ride Rider Card Illusion; while its ability to allow the duplicates move in sync with the original is similar to Kamen Rider Wizard's Copy Wizard Ring.
- Recover is similar to Kamen Rider Chalice's Recover Camel Rouze Card, Kamen Rider Fourze's Medical Module, and Kamen Rider Drive Type Speed Doctor's Cure Quicker.
- High Jump is similar to the Rider Jump of the grasshopper-themed Riders, primarily the Hopper Brothers and the original Double Riders.
- Emission is similar to any of Kamen Rider OOO's Combos containing the Lion Head and Kamen Rider Wizard's Light Wizard Ring.
- THe Speeding-Up Energy Item is a part of Ex-Aid's moveset in Kamen Rider: Climax Fighters