|This article is about a/an movie in Kamen Rider X.|
|Five Riders vs. King Dark|
|A movie for Kamen Rider X|
|Release date July 25, 1974|
|Written by Masaru Igami|
|Directed by Itaru Orita|
|Order in Continuity|
King Dark! The Demon's Invention!!
Revenge Demon Geronimo! The Silent Attack!!
Kamen Rider X (film)
Kamen Rider Amazon (film)
During a motocross practice, Keisuke Jin is ambushed by two Myth Cyborgs created by a secret organization that's attempting to control Japan, G.O.D. He transforms into Kamen Rider X, but little does he know that his battle is recorded and analyzed by King Dark, G.O.D.'s commander, to create a super cyborg. Other G.O.D. cyborgs are attacking all over Tokyo and in the middle of the crisis, the original four Riders return to Japan from different countries around the world. The five Riders unite to lead a counter attack against G.O.D. and fight its newest monster.
to be added
|Kamen Rider X||Keisuke Jin|
|Kamen Rider 1||Takeshi Hongo|
|Kamen Rider 2||Hayato Ichimonji|
|Kamen Rider V3||Shiro Kazami|
|Riderman/"Kamen Rider 4"||Joji Yuki|
- to be added
Continuity and Placement
Because of Dialogue from the later episodes of 27 and 33 it is unclear when this specifically takes place. Hayato in 33 is confused when he meets Keisuke as if it was for the first time. However his dialog could be taken as he's confused that Keisuke specifically is X-Rider and not that he has never met him, only never seen his human form. 27 also shows that a meeting has happened before thus further proving this notion. The movie either takes place after 33 or is best put after 23. It's also of note that This is the re-appearance of Joji Yuki despite his apparent death witch is neither questioned in this movie or his subsequent mentioning in 27.
to be added
Hanuman and the Five Riders
- Main article: Hanuman and the Five Riders
Hanuman and the Five Riders (หนุมาน พบ 5 ไอ้มดแดง - Hanuman pob Har Aimoddaeng - literally "Hanuman and the Five Ant Men") is a tokusatsu superhero film produced in 1974 by Chaiyo Productions of Thailand. Chaiyo's own Kamen Rider film, half of it uses footage from the Five Riders vs. King Dark. Although it has never been released in Japan, Kamen Rider fans in Japan refer to it unofficially as Hanuman and the 5 Kamen Riders (ハヌマーンと5人の仮面ライダー Hanumān to Gonin no Kamen Raidā).
The film teamed the first five Kamen Riders with the Hindu god Hanuman (fresh from his appearance in The 6 Ultra Brothers vs. the Monster Army) against X's adversary King Dark (who appears in his regular giant moving statue form and alternately in a human-sized one), who drinks the fresh blood of young women. He captures a scientist and his girlfriend and threatens to drain her of her blood unless he use his technology to create an army of mutant animal men to confront the five Riders.
Unlike Chaiyo's two official co-productions with Tsuburaya Productions in 1974 (namely The 6 Ultra Brothers Vs. the Monster Army and Jumborg Ace & Giant), this production was unauthorized by Toei Company, Ltd., which produced the Kamen Rider shows. Chaiyo had initially approached Toei, who turned down their plans for producing their own Kamen Rider movie.
- to be added
- This is the only appearance of Kamen Rider #1 and Riderman during the run of Kamen Rider X, as only Rider #2 and V3 appeared in the series.
- Hiroshi Fujioka and Takeshi Sasaki reprised their roles as Takeshi Hongo/Kamen Rider #1 and Hayato Ichimonji/Kamen Rider #2 respectively in this movie, before going on to be absent from the films of the franchise until OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders (2011), almost 36 years later. This movie also marks, even today, the last movie appearance of the Takeshi Hongo and Hayato Ichimonji in their human forms, although it was done by reusing footage from earlier features. However Hongo and Ichimonji also appeared in their human forms later on in the second-to-last and last episodes of Kamen Rider Stronger.
- Hiroshi Fujioka would return in the flesh as Takeshi Hongo along with Ryo Hayami as Keisuke Jin in Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai 40 years later.
- Joji Yuki refers to himself as "Kamen Rider No. 4" in the movie.
- The DVD Release of Kamen Rider: The Movie Volume 2 features Kamen Rider V3 (film), Kamen Rider V3 vs. Destron Mutants, Kamen Rider X (film) and Five Riders vs. King Dark.
- The Blu-ray Release of Kamen Rider: The Movie Volume 1 features Kamen Rider vs. Shocker, Kamen Rider vs. Ambassador Hell, Kamen Rider V3 vs. Destron Mutants & Five Riders vs. King Dark.
- Five Riders vs. King Dark is included in Kamen Rider: The Movie Blu-ray Box 1972-1988, a Blu-ray compilation boxset of Showa Rider movies.