|This article is about a/an movie-exclusive villain in Kamen Rider OOO.|
|Series:||Kamen Rider OOO|
|First Appearance:||Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core|
|Last Appearance:||Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core|
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
Giru (ギル) is the original incarnation of the Kyoryu Greeed (恐竜グリード Kyōryū Gurīdo, Dinosaur Greeed). He has aspects of a pteranodon, a triceratops, and a tyrannosaurus. Unlike the other Greeed, he was never seen and only physically appeared as ten purple Core Medals that were kept under lock and key by the Kougami Foundation, before they were stolen by Kiyoto Maki. These Core Medals proved to still house some form of consciousness, however, and sought out Eiji Hino because of his lack of desire.
He was heard in Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core, creating two Pteranodon Yummy from the end of two desires.
Ultimately, he did not appear in the series proper, but rather was reincarnated production-wise through Kiyoto Maki's Greeed transformation.
- Height: 211 cm
- Weight: 127 kg
Powers and Abilities
- Greeed Powers
- A Greeed himself, Giru possess multiple abilities based on his the extinct and mythological animals he represents.
- Yummy Creation
- A Greeed himself, Giru can create Yummies by placing a Cell Medal into a Medal Insert Slot. Instead of using humans to make Yummies, his are made using inanimate objects that represent the end of a desire, such as broken dreams.
- Human Disguise
- Giru can hypothetically disguise himself as a human.
- Cell Medal Transmutation
- Giru hypothetically can turn his body into a mass of Cell Medals, them reforming it back to his original state.
- Giru can launch purple blasts of flames from his hands. This is only demonstrated by his evil successor, Maki.
- Giru can fire a purple wind-like attack. This is only demonstrated by both of his successors.
- Core Medal Elimination
- Like the Medagaburyu Axe, Giru has the ability to damage, if not completely destroy, the Core Medals of the other Greeed. This is only demonstrated by his evil successor, Maki.
- Interface Creation
- It is likely implied that he had created an interface of his own to create Pteranodon Yummies since his Medals lay dormant in Kougami Foundation at that time.
Behind the scenes
Giru is voiced by Kenji Hamada (浜田 賢二 Hamada Kenji). While the character is referred to by the name "Giru" in the film, Hamada is credited solely as the voice of the "Kyouryu Greeed" (恐竜グリード Kyōryū Gurīdo) in the film's credits.
Giru's name comes from from the Japanese word uragiru (裏切る "to betray"), as he, his Cores, and his Yummy are the opposite of other Greeeds', as they seek to destroy desire rather than embody it.