|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Ryuki.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of blood and graphic violence. Viewer discretion is advised!|
|Granting a Wish|
|Kamen Rider Ryuki, Episode 49|
|Air date January 12, 2003|
|Written by Yasuko Kobayashi|
|Directed by Hidenori Ishida|
The Final 3 Days
A New Life
Granting a Wish (叶えたい願い Kanaetai Negai) is the forty-ninth episode of Kamen Rider Ryuki. Reiko finally learned the truth about Mirror World, as well as Shinji Kido's identity as a Rider in this episode. It is also marks the final appearance of main titular Rider itself and Yui Kanzaki.
- Yui fades away. Shiro tells Ren & Shinji that there is still time to save Yui and to continue fighting
- Shinji tells both Reiko and the Chief about being a Kamen Rider
- Kitaoka begins to succumb to his illness
- The Raydragoons enter the normal world and start attacking people.
- After being stabbed in the back by a Raydragoon, Shinji dies at Ren's side.
to be added
- Shinji Kido (城戸 真司 Kido Shinji): Takamasa Suga (須賀 貴匡 Suga Takamasa)
- Ren Akiyama (秋山 蓮 Akiyama Ren): Satoshi Matsuda (松田 悟志 Matsuda Satoshi)
- Yui Kanzaki (神崎 優衣 Kanzaki Yui): Ayano Sugiyama (杉山 彩乃 Sugiyama Ayano)
- Shiro Kanzaki (神崎 士郎 Kanzaki Shirō): Kenzaburo Kikuchi (菊地 謙三郎 Kikuchi Kenzaburo)
- Shuichi Kitaoka (北岡 秀一 Kitaoka Shūichi): Ryohei (涼平 Ryōhei)
- Goro Yura (由良 吾郎 Yura Gorō): Tomohisa Yuge (弓削 智久 Yuge Tomohisa)
- Takeshi Asakura (浅倉 威 Asakura Takeshi): Takashi Hagino (萩野 崇 Hagino Takashi)
- Daisuke Okubo (大久保 大介 Ōkubo Daisuke): Kanji Tsuda (津田 寛治 Tsuda Kanji)
- Reiko Momoi (桃井 令子 Reiko Momoi): Sayaka Kuon (久遠 さやか Kuon Sayaka)
- Nanako Shimada (島田 奈々子 Shimada Nanako): Hitomi Kurihara栗原 瞳 (Kurihara Hitomi)
- Megumi Asano (浅野 めぐみ Asano Megumi): Chisato Morishita (森下 千里 Morishita Chisato)
- Kamen Rider Odin (仮面ライダーオーディン Kamen Raidā Ōdin, Voice): Tsuyoshi Koyama (小山 剛志 Koyama Tsuyoshi)
- Yui Kanzaki(Child): Miho Koseki (小関 美穂 Koseki Miho)
- Shiro Kanzaki(Child): Yuki Hirano (平野 勇樹 Hirano Yūki)
- Girl: Mirai Shida (志田 未来 Shida Mirai)
- Sheerghosts (シアゴースト Shiagōsuto, Voice): Hiroyuki Shibamoto (柴本 浩行 Shibamoto Hiroyuki), Shigenori Sōya (宗矢 樹頼 Sōya Shigenori)
- Cards used
- Sword Vent, Final Vent, Survive Rekka,
- Final Vent, Survive Shippu
- Weapons/Powers summoned:
- Drag Saber, Dragon Rider Kick, Drag-Visor Zwei, Dragon Firestorm
- Hishouzan, Dark Visor-Zwei, Shippudan
- Advent Card appeared before episode's preview:
- Blank card from episode Ouja's Secret
to be added
- Excluding the early Showa Riders being rebuilt as cyborgs, this is the first time where the main rider of a series dies before the end.
- Shinji is the third person after Tezuka and Tojo to die outside the Mirror World, and the seventh person to die from the Rider Battle since the first episode.
- Shiro tells Ren that it's time to fight Odin, even though it's contradictory to what Odin said earlier in the series as Asakura and Kitaoka are still alive.
- The coat Shinji wears is the same one from the first two episodes of Ryuki.
- Final appearance of Dragreder.
- This episode marks the last time Ryuki and Knight uses their Rider Kick finishers.
- Ryuki's battle with Odin is seen in Kamen Rider: Battride War.
- This episode aired alongside Ninpu Sentai Hurricaneger episode 47, Scroll 47: Seal and Space Unification.
Comparisons with Episode Final
- In the series, it's revealed that Shiro accepted the mirror version of Yui's offer to revive her real world counterpart; in the movie, it's Yui who accepts her mirrored version's offer for extended life (with Shiro not around).
- In this episode, after realizing that Yui was already dead, her body shattered and soon fades away. In the movie, instead of fading away, Yui died in front of her brother as her time has just reached its limit. Realizing that Yui is already gone, Shiro forces Shinji and Ren to continue fighting so Yui can be saved, while the movie depicts Shiro screaming at his failure to save his sister's life and fading away in the process.
- After Kitaoka decides to retire from being a Rider, he asks Reiko out to lunch. In this episode, we can see Kitaoka's hands start to shake, indicating that his illnesses is finally reaching its final stage. But in the movie, we can see Kitaoka coughing up blood as the result of the illnesses he suffered. Kitaoka finally died 2 episodes later in this series, but he survives in the movie (or it's not seen/alluded to).
- Unlike the movie version, Kitaoka wants to settle things with Asakura one last time, only to be replaced by Goro. In the movie version, Asakura was killed by Femme during his battle in the Mirror World.
- Both Ryuki and Knight are seen fighting against Raydragoons on the ground of the city. In the movie version, right before the end credits, both Ryuki and Knight battle a bunch of Raydragoons and Hydragoons in the air, also in the city.
- The DVD Release of Kamen Rider Ryuki Volume 12 features episodes 46-50.
- The Blu-ray Release of Kamen Rider Ryuki Volume 3 features episodes 35-50.