|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider Kuuga.|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga|
|Led by:||N Group|
|Generals and other Notable Members:|
|Battled:||Kamen Rider Kuuga|
This mysterious ancient civilization is made up of beings that can transform into monsters to kill people for their ruthless game (ゲーム gēmu), which is translated into the Gurongi Language as the "Gegeru" (ゲゲル Gegeru). Attacking their rival civilization the Linto (リント Rinto), the original Kuuga defeats the leader of the Gurongi and seals all 200 of the Gurongi tribesmen away.
The beings known as the Lords also protected the Linto tribe. However, by present day, the newly resurrected Daguva revives his tribe from their rest and restart the Gegeru on the human race, the descendants of the Linto, to bring out the "Ultimate Darkness" (究極の闇 Kyūkyoku no Yami), where humanity will be as violent as the Gurongi.
They are referred by the Police as Unidentified Life Forms (also known as "Unidentified Creatures") (未確認生命体 Mikakunin Seimeitai). Each of them possesses a strange artifact on the belt like parts in all of their bodies, no different than Kuuga or Daguva's Amadam. Gurongi seen in human form are labeled as "B" (Ｂ群 Bīgun), each human-like Grongi possesses a tattoo that resemble their true animalistic forms. Unidentified Life Form #B1 only remains in human form for the rest of the series. Only 48 out of the original 200 Gurongi appeared in the course of "Kuuga"'s broadcast as the other 152 were killed off by Daguva.
The Gurongi have a three-part naming scheme that all members have, consisting of "Group-Species-Creature type". The first part of their names indicates their rank and which group that Gurongi belongs to; the second part is their personal name, which contains a reference to what animal/plant their Gurongi forms are based on; and the third part indicates what animal groups they belong to: "Ba" for insects and arachinds; "Da" for mammals; "De" for plants; "Gi" for fish and other aquatics animals; "Gu" for birds and other animals with wings; and "Re" for reptiles and amphibians. The leaders of the Gurongi Tribe will have a "Ze" in front of their animal group name.
In the SIC Hero Saga story for Kuuga, it was revealed the Gurongi were once humans, much like the Linto. They had found a meteorite with strong yet strange metals, which allowed to easily defeat other neighboring tribes. During one fateful expedition, the Gurongi found the metals had changed them, allowing them to assume beast-like forms to kill even more effectively at the cost of their humanity.
World of Kuuga
- Me-Gyarido-Gi (メ･ギャリド･ギ Me Gyarido Gi, 1 & 2): A hermit crab monster of the Me Group, labeled Unidentified Life Form #7 (未確認生命体七号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Nanagō). He battles Kuuga and is destroyed by his Dragon Form's Splash Dragon attack.
- Ra-Dorudo-Gu (ラ･ドルド･グ Ra Dorudo Gu, 1 & 2): A condor monster of the Ra-Group, the judges of the Gegeru, labeled Unidentified Life Form #8 (未確認生命体八号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Hachigō). He fights Kuuga and attempts to flee before being destroyed by Kuuga who uses Pegasus Form's Blast Pegasus attack.
- Go-Baberu-Da (ゴ･バベル･ダ Go Baberu Da, 2): A bison monster that is labeled "Unidentified Life Form #9" (未確認生命体九号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Kyūgō). Baberu is forced by Decade to reveal the nature of the Gegeru before being destroyed by Decade's Dimension Kick.
- Go-Bemiu-Gi (ゴ･ベミウ･ギ Go Bemiu Gi, 2): A female sea snake Gurongi. She oversees Gamio's revival, she is destroyed by Decade.
- Me-Biran-Gi (メ･ビラン･ギ Me Biran Gi, 2): A piranha monster that is one of the leading Gurongi overseeing Gamio's revival. He is destroyed by Kuuga's Mighty Kick when he attempts to intervene in the battle between Kuuga and Decade.
N-Gamio-Zeda is able to create various Gurongi from human corpses using his miasma, but some are later absorbed by him in a last effort to defeat Kuuga and Decade. The remaining Gurongi died after Gamio is defeated.
World of Agito
- Me-Bajisu-Ba (メ･バヂス･バ Me Bajisu Ba, 12): A bee monster that is labeled Unidentified Life Form #47. This Me Group member battles the police until he is blasted to bits by G3-X's Cerberus.
- Zu-Mebio-Da (ズ･メビオ･ダ Zu Mebio Da, 12): A leopard monster that is labeled Unidentified Life Form #48 (未確認生命体四十八号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Yonjūhachigō). She is a member of the Zu Group that appears in the World of Agito. She is murdered by two Ant Lords as she attempts to escape from Diend.
- Me-Ginoga-De (メ･ギノガ･デ Me Ginoga De, 12): A mushroom monster that is labeled Unidentified Life Form #49 (未確認生命体四十九号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Yonjūkyūgō). He appears in the World of Agito. He is destroyed by the teamwork of Diend and the summoned Drake and Delta.
As one of the races of the Nine Worlds, the Gurongi are part of the Dai-Shocker alliance, a coalition of all villain organizations fought by the Kamen Riders, who have ambitions to conquer the multiverse.
The Gurongi Zu-Mebio-Da, Me-Bajisu-Ba, Me-Ginoga-De, and Go-Gadoru-Ba, were part of the Dai-Shocker army that was fought and wiped out by a gathering of 25 Kamen Riders in the World of Decade after Dai-Shocker started their invasion of the worlds.
The Gurongi, represented by N-Gamio-Zeda, were among the various evil organizations and monster races which were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. Ra-Dorudo-Gu, Zu-Gooma-Gu, Zu-Zain-Da, and Me-Garima-Ba were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Kuuga returned and defeated the Gurongi allied with Shocker.
One revived Gurongi, Zu-Zain-Da, was a member of Space Shocker, an evil amalgamation organization similar to Dai-Shocker, which aimed to conquer the universe. It was actually a front for the revival of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou.
World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Gurongi, among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters were fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
Super Hero Taisen GP
In an alternate timeline created by Shocker's History Modifying Machine enacting an assassination of the Double Riders by Kamen Rider 3 in 1973, at least one Gurongi, N-Gamio-Zeda, was among the many monsters that served the evil organization which ruled the world in this timeline. During the final battle against the Kamen Riders, N-Gamio-Zeda was destroyed by Kamen Rider Blade.
The N Group are the most powerful of the Gurongi and serve as their leaders.
The Gurongi leader in the Kamen Rider Kuuga series.
The Ra Group are the judges of the Gurongi game and Daguva's right hand men.
Nu-Zajio-Re (ヌ･ザジオ･レ Nu Zajio Re) is a salamander Gurongi and the sole survivor of the Nu Group, a group of Gurongi who crafts the artifacts used by the other groups, and is labeled "Unidentified Life Form B14" (未確認生命体Ｂ群１４号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Bīgun Jūyongō).
Be-Jimin-Ba (ベ･ジミン･バ Be Jimin Ba) is a water flea Gurongi who is one of the lowest Be Group, whose others members were all murdered by N-Daguba-Zeba without acquiring the right of the game. The monster only appears on the Kuuga stage show.
The Zu Group contains lower tier Gurongi. The creatures of Zu group which is not in the list are considered to have been murdered by Daguba, without acquiring the right of the game. The one that are qualified are brought into the game by writing their names on a portable black board and using the beads of their bracelets to mark the number of people they have killed. Their leader is Zu-Zain-Da.
Other Zu Grongi
- Zu-Gujiru-Gi (ズ･グジル･ギ Zu Gujiru Gi): A whale Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #7" (未確認生命体第７号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nanagō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Garuga-Da (ズ･ガルガ･ダ Zu Garuga Da): A kangaroo Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #8" (未確認生命体第８号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Hachigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Miuji-Gi (ズ･ミウジ･ギ Zu Miuji Gi): A Sea slug Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #9" (未確認生命体第９号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Kyūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Gazubo-De (ズ･ガズボ･デ Zu Gazubo De): A Nepenthes Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #10" (未確認生命体第１０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Daago-Gi (ズ･ダーゴ･ギ Zu Dāgo Gi): An octopus Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #11" (未確認生命体第１１号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūichigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Nezuma-Da (ズ･ネズマ･ダ Zu Nezuma Da) and Zu-Nezumo-Da (ズ･ネズモ･ダ Zu Nezumo Da): Rat Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #12A" (未確認生命体第１２号Ａ Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūnigō Ē) and "#12B" (第１２号Ｂ Dai Jūnigō Bī). Nezuma died a mysterious death in an explosion by a police force's gunfire and Nezumo was destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Zu-Jamoru-Re (ズ･ジャモル･レ Zu Jamoru Re): A gecko Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #13" (未確認生命体第１３号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūsangō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
Middle tier, above the ranks of the Zu, they are brought into the game by using an abacus to predict the number of people they are to kill and the time period to accomplish that. Their leader is Me-Garima-Ba.
Other Me Grongi
- Me-Agon-Gi (メ･アゴン･ギ Me Agon Gi): An anglerfish Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #15" (未確認生命体第１５号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūgogō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Aguri-Da (メ･アグリ･ダ Me Aguri Da): A Giant Anteater Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #16" (未確認生命体第１６号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūrokugō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Ibae-Ba (メ･イバエ･バ Me Ibae Ba): A fly Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #17" (未確認生命体第１７号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūnanagō). Destroyed by Kuuga Pegasus Form's Blast Pegasus.
- Me-Gaage-Re (メ･ガーゲ･レ Me Gāge Re): A lizard Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #18" (未確認生命体第１８号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūhachigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Mugado-Ba (メ･ムガド･バ Me Mugado Ba): A centipede Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #19" (未確認生命体第１９号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Jūkyūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Titan Form's Calamity Titan.
- Me-Gorigi-Ba (メ･ゴリギ･バ Me Gorigi Ba): A cockroach Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #20" (未確認生命体第２０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Gaera-Re (メ･ガエラ･レ Me Gaera Re): A frog Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #27" (未確認生命体第２７号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūnanagō). Destroyed by Kuuga Dragon Form's Splash Dragon.
- Me-Zoebi-Gi (メ･ゾエビ･ギ Me Zoebi Gi): A shrimp Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #28" (未確認生命体第２８号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūhachigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Titan Form's Calamity Titan.
- Me-Uzaa-Da (メ･ウザー･ダ Me Uzā Da): A rabbit Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #29" (未確認生命体第２９号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Nijūkyūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Dragon Form's Splash Dragon.
- Me-Demudo-Ba (メ･デムド･バ Me Demudo Ba): A Ladybug Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #30" (未確認生命体第３０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Ginee-Da (メ･ギネー･ダ Me Ginē Da): A fox Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #32" (未確認生命体第３２号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūnigō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Gegura-Gi (メ･ゲグラ･ギ Me Gegura Gi): A jellyfish Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #33" (未確認生命体第３３号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūsangō). Destroyed by Kuuga Titan Form's Calamity Titan.
- Me-Gaperi-Gu (メ･ガペリ･グ Me Gaperi Gu, Terekoro Comic): A pelican Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #34" (未確認生命体第３４号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūyongō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
- Me-Juuma-Da (メ･ジュウマ･ダ Me Jūma Da): A zebra Gurongi labeled "Unidentified Life Form #35" (未確認生命体第３５号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Sanjūgogō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick.
The Go Group are high tier, weapon users whose weapons are created from each respected ornament much like Kuuga while in his Pegasus, Dragon, and Titan forms. Unlike the lesser tiers, the Go do not personally count their victims as Ra-Dorudo-Gu does that for them as they judge. Also, their game roles are themed on personal rules they had placed on themselves, working on a certain number of people they picked personally. The Go who completes the Gegeru, or the one who can defeat all the Go class Grongi, earns the right to fight Daguba for control of the entire Grongi Tribe. Their leader is Go-Gadoru-Ba, one of the three strongest Go, the Gebageru, who modified themselves to alter their forms like Kuuga and Daguba.
Other Go Grongi
- Go-Jiino-Da (ゴ･ジイノ･ダ Go Jiino Da, Super Secret Video): A wild boar Gurongi labeled as "Unidentified Life Form #40" (未確認生命体第４０号 Mikakunin Seimeitai Dai Yonjūgō). Destroyed by Kuuga Mighty Form's Mighty Kick. Go-Jiino-Da is voiced by Tetsu Inada (稲田 徹 Inada Tetsu).
Gurongi whose groups are unknown.
Video game appearances
Kamen Rider Kuuga video game
The Gurongi appear in the Kamen Rider Kuuga video game, fighting Kuuga who is controlled by the player. Several Gurongi are also playable.
Kamen Rider Agito & Kuuga Wild Battle
The Gurongi appear with the Lords in Kamen Rider Agito & Kuuga Wild Battle. Eight Gurongi, Zu-Gooma-Gu, Zu-Gumun-Ba, Me-Garima-Ba, Go-Jaaza-Gi (Quick Form), Go-Badaa-Ba, Go-Baberu-Da (Herculean Form), Go-Gadoru-Ba (Grapple Form), N-Daguva-Zeba (Perfect Form), are playable in the Fighting, Training, and Survival Modes.
Pages in category "Gurongi"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.