|This article is about a/an rider in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
|Series:||Kamen Rider Hibiki|
|Motif:||Oni, Drum, Kumadori|
Anti-Hero (Temporary in Kamen Rider Decade)
|First Appearance:||The Echoing Oni|
|Last Appearance:||Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3|
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
|Actor:||Shigeki Hosokawa |
Hideo Ishikawa (Voice in Super Hero Taisen)
Keiichiro Yamamoto (Video Game Voice since in Climax Heroes series until pre-Storm Heroes updates)
Kamen Rider Hibiki
- "Because I'm well-trained..."
- ―Hibiki's trademark modest response to compliments or questions[src]
Kamen Rider Hibiki (仮面ライダー響鬼 Kamen Raidā Hibiki, lit "Masked Rider Echoing Demon") is the eponymous and lead protagonist of the Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Hibiki. As an Oni, he is solely known as Hibiki (ヒビキ), but his original name is Hitoshi Hidaka (日高 仁志 Hidaka Hitoshi).
He is one of the most seasoned Oni currently in service. It is not known exactly when he began his training, but it is said that Hibiki became an Oni training alone and has surpassed all former Oni by being the first to wield the Armed Saber. Hibiki has a strong sense of ethics and believes constantly training oneself to keep up their strength. Throughout the series he is seen training by himself and with other Oni. He is seen as somewhat of a teacher by other Oni, even though Hibiki sees himself as just another fighter in the war against the Makamou. Due to his training, he is seldom seen worrying, he believes that with constant training, he will always come out on top and does not need to worry about his safety. It seems that his hobby is in fact, training. His trademark is his special salute which he uses equally as a greeting (usually with a 'Yo!') or a farewell.
Hibiki is a calm and nonchalant Oni. At age 31, he is the oldest Oni of the core three (the fourth oldest Oni in Kanto). Not much is known about his past, but when he was young, he appeared to act the same as Asumu. He had worries and doubts and wanted to protect his friends, which is what led to him becoming an Oni. He takes Asumu under his wing and helps him and gives him advice when needed. Of the three main riders, Hibiki is the most experienced, even though he says otherwise, he is the wisest of the current Oni and his friends look up to him as if he were a teacher. He and Midori, Takeshi's weapon designer, have been friends since they were children. As an Oni, his supporters are Kasumi Tachibana and Hinaka Tachibana. They often take him to the Makamou's locations until he knows how to ride motorbike and get his own bike.
Hibiki meet Asumu on a cruise ship to Yakushima Island where he saves a young boy from falling off the ship. On the island, they meet once again before parting ways. Asumu later leaves his family and travels by car into the mountains for sightseeing, only to be attacked by Tsuchigumo. Hibiki saves Asumu but afterwards, he sees Hibiki transform into an oni and he is interested in Hibiki ever since. But, after the incident, Asumu has little confidence in passing his exams to get into Jonan High and often seeks advice from Hibiki.
- "What you believe in that is the first step in being your real self"
- ―Hibiki's advice for Asumu at Yakushima[src]
Hibiki is close with Ibuki and his student Akira. They usually meet, talk together and collaborate to fight Makamou together. Hibiki is also close with Zanki and Todoroki. He was surprised and regretted when Zanki proclaimed that he gave up working as an Oni. Then, Hibiki encoraged Todoroki to do well in his first battle as an idenpendent Oni. As a trio, Hibiki, Ibuki and Todoroki often support each others in their duties
On the summer days, Hibiki has to fight against the Summer Makamou and helps Todoroki in his Taiko-training. He also trains hard and reaches his Kurenai form. In Kurenai form, Hibiki's power are all nearly doubled from that of his basic form could easily defeat many different types of Makamou with a single strike in this form.
Hibiki doesn't understand about technology very much. he doesn't know how to send email by computer, even that he doesn't know how to use the computer. He don't have his own cell phone, he can't connect with the others when he is outside, he usually use Kasumi's phone or public telephone to make call. At first he also doesn't have his own bike and he can't rider a bike competently. After that, he thinks riding bike is cool and really useful. He decides to learns riding bike and gets his Gaika.
When Kogure appears, he gives Hibiki a hard time in training. Wanting Hibiki to be stronger than he is, he pushes him as hard as he can. Hibiki, although on friendly terms with Kogure, was still one of the first to encounter his eccentric form of training. Kogure then reveals his training is meant to allow Hibiki to wield the Armed Saber, a weapon that will allow him to become even more powerful than his Kurenai form. During a battle later on, Todoroki uses the Armed Saber and is sent flying by its power. In an act of desperation, Hibiki picks the saber up an attempts to use it, only to meet the same result as Todoroki.
The two Oni then lose the ability to transform. In the past when this has happened, Oni were unable to ever regain their powers, but as Danki and Shouki revealed, when Kogure used them as his guinea pigs, if an Oni is put through intense training, their powers will eventually return. Danki and Shouki regain their powers after a month of training, a time frame that Hibiki needed to beat. Through his training with Kogure, Hibiki, along with Todoroki, regain their powers.
In the next battle after regaining their powers, Hibiki and Todoroki are pit against one of the strongest known Makamou. A three headed gigantic demon whose sole purpose is to kill. Kogure appears and throws Hibiki the Armed Saber, telling him that it was always destined to be used by him and that it will unlock his true power. A hesitant Hibiki finally uses the saber and easily defeats the Makamou.
During the second half of the series, Hibiki meets another boy named Kyosuke Kiriya. Kyosuke is estranged from his father and when he meet Hibiki, he begin pursuing him to allow him to be his student. Only knowing of what his father had done in life, Kyosuke sees becoming an Oni as his chance to be greater than his father. Hibiki claims this was a selfish reason for wanting to be an Oni and won't allow him to become his student, but Kyosuke is adamant about becoming his student. Eventually Kyosuke's rivalry with Asumu becomes a partnership as the two begin pledging to Hibiki to allow them to become his students.
Unsure of his skills as a teacher and not wanting to lose another student as he once did, Hibiki denies every plea they make. Later on when Akira Amami gives up being a student of Ibuki, she persuades Hibiki to let Asumu and Kyosuke become his students. Under Hibiki, Asumu was the better student with Kyosuke struggling in nearly every training session. Even though Asumu was clearly better physically suited to be an Oni, he was not in the right mindset to be one. Hibiki talks Asumu into him continuing to be his student. For a while longer, the three continue their training before Hibiki finally realizes that Asumu's place in this world is not as an Oni. He allows Asumu to quit but feels great regret for being the one to push him to stay his student.
- "I decided that I would do my best to help people. That's why I became an Oni. To save people, and then live my life to the fullest, to save people, and then live my life to the fullest again. From now to forever, this is how I want to live."
- ―Hibiki shares his thought with Midori about his future life[src]
Hibiki always works well in his role as an Oni during the Orochi. He sees Todoroki's grief about his body and Zanki, he gives Todoroki an advice to make him more optimistic. After Ibuki is chosen to perform the Orochi sealing, a task that Hibiki feels Ibuki is not ready for, Hibiki sees Ibuki's recognition with Kasumi that he wishes to live life as long as he can be with her. So Hibiki decides to take Ibuki's place as the Oni perform the Orochi sealing. During the sealing, Hibiki has to fight against a lot of Makamou. Ibuki and Todoroki arrive to support him. While beating the special rock to seal Orochi, Hibiki loses his Rekka. However, Kyosuke arrives, takes the Rekka and throws it to Hibiki which he continues with his duty.
Following the great battle against the Makamou in the "Orochi sealing", Hibiki and Asumu have lost touch with each other and share some awkward moments when they meet each other at a hospital that Asumu works at a year later. In the end, Hibiki and Asumu reconnect with each other. Hibiki says that even though he cannot be Asumu's mentor as an Oni, he can be his mentor in life and help him be a better person. The two watch a sunrise as they remember their first meeting and Hibiki reveals to Asumu that he was his apprentice from the start, with Asumu agreeing to stay by Hibiki's side despite choosing not to become an Oni himself.
Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki
Hibiki and Asumu are on their way to a Makamou attack on the beach. Once they arrive there, they see dozens of people running from the massive Orochi, a beast rumored to be the strongest Makamou ever created. Once they arrive, Hibiki walks towards the Orochi and transforms, but all of his attacks prove useless against Orochi. The situation is made even more dire when Hibiki jumps in the way of an attack meant for Asumu. Taking the full force of the attack, Hibiki passes out as the Orochi swims away, leaving a panicking Asumu to get help. Hibiki ends up in the hospital.
After leaving the hospital, Hibiki is well and fighting Orochi again. Apparently knowing where the Armed Saber is, Asumu heads off to a cave and finds it in there. He gives Hibiki the blade in the middle the battle with the Orochi. Hibiki is able to become Armed Hibiki and defeats the Orochi.
Kamen Rider Hibiki Hyper Battle DVD
Hibiki appears in flashback while the Disks Animal are giving Asumu the knowledges about how to become an Oni. Hibiki is told as an Oni who can controls fire, he believes in himself and never gives up.
All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker
Hibiki appears with all the Heisei and Showa Riders in the final battle to helped Decade fought against the Dai-Shocker. He is seen beating some monsters near V3. He was part of the All Riders Kick used to destroy Shadowmoon and Dai-Shocker's castle.
Kamen Rider Decade
Hitoshi as Kamen Rider Hibiki is one of the nine Heisei Riders who joined Wataru Kurenai to battle against Tsukasa after he told him that to defeat all nine Heisei Riders was supposed to be his true goal.
Let's Go Kamen Riders
Hibiki appears alongside the other Heisei era Riders, fighting against the parents of Bakegani those allied themselves with Shocker and other Kamen Rider villains from the 40 years of the franchise.
Super Hero Taisen
Hibiki is first seen to be defeated by Gokai Red along with G3, Accel, Zolda, and Knight. Later, he tagged along with Magirangers (5-persons) and delivers Ongekibou Rekka as the finisher to his enemies.
Super Hero Taisen Z
Hibiki appears in Super Hero Taisen Z alongside with Kamen Rider Amazon, Liveman and Gingaman. They fought the Space Shocker together.
- "I'm used to this, fighting Makamou"
- ―Hibiki talks to the other riders[src]
Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai
Despite the fact that it was not shown in the movie itself, Hibiki was killed by a Showa Rider and was turned into a lockseed.
Hibiki later appeared when Gaim and ZX released all of the Kamen Riders from their lockseeds.
Due to the timeline alteration caused by Shocker, Hibiki became one of the brainwashed Riders in that timeline, donning the name of Shocker Rider Hibiki. Later on, he aided the other Riders to combat Shocker after he, and the other Riders, were released from being brainwashed by the revived Double Riders.
Kamen Rider Ghost: Legendary! Riders' Souls!
Chou Super Hero Taisen
Appearances in other media
Non-canon TV appearance
Kamen Rider G
Video Game appearances
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation and Rider Generation 2
Climax Heroes series
Kamen Rider: Battride War
Kamen Rider Battride: War II
- Henshin Onsa Onkaku: A fork-like transformation device.
- Ongekikou Kaentsuzumi: A device that attaches on his belt for uses of finisher attacks.
- Ongekikou Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi: An upgrade version of the buckle.
- Ongekimei Narukaze: Ibuki's device, Hibiki uses it once in Ibuki's Orochi-sealing training.
- Disk Animals: Hibiki's disk-like support robots.
- Ongekibou Rekka: Personal weapons
- Armed Saber: Armed Hibiki's primary weapon.
- Ongekikan Reppuu: Ibuki's weapon, Hibiki uses it once in Ibuki's Orochi-sealing training.
- Shiranui: A car driven by Kasumi Tachibana or Hinaka Tachibana to take Hibiki to a Makamou's location.
- Gaika: Hibiki's Rider Machine.
Hibiki has a variety of attacking styles, ranging from small one handed beats to more complicated Armed Saber techniques. Each attack can only be wielded in certain forms, making each upgrade somewhat of a disadvantage as with the gain the power results in a loss of available attacks.
As a Taiko-type Fire Oni, Hibiki's most used Ongeki (音撃 "Sound Attack") techniques are those of the Ongeki Da (音撃打 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke") style.
- Kihōjutsu: Onibi (鬼法術・鬼火 lit. "Demon Art Technique: Demon Fire"): Hibiki's mask forms a mouth to shoot a torrent of powerful purple flames to incinerate a humanoid Makamou.
- Kitōjutsu: Onizume (鬼闘術・鬼爪 lit. "Demon Fighting Technique: Demon Claw"): Forms claws from his hands to stab and slash at Makamou. These claws are nearly unbreakable, thus making them one of Hibiki's most useful weapons.
- Kibōjutsu: Rekkadan (鬼棒術・烈火弾 lit. "Demon Club Technique: Raging Fire Bullet"): Hibiki charges his drumsticks with power, igniting the tops with flames creating a torch-like weapon, which then shoots fireballs from each one at a target.
- Kibōjutsu: Rekkaken (鬼棒術・烈火剣 lit. "Demon Club Technique: Raging Fire Sword"): Hibiki charges one or two of his drumsticks with power, creating a flaming blade from the top to slash at enemies.
- Takeshishiki Onike (猛士式鬼蹴 lit. "Violent Expression Demon Kick"): Hibiki's version of the traditional Rider Kick. Hibiki charges his foot with power and strikes the target with it. Usually preceded by a high jump, adding the power of the fall to the attack. A purple light might appear around the charged foot. In the Hibiki series itself, there was only a standard jumping kick mimicking the motion of a Rider Kick, not recognized as an actual special technique. However, in later appearances, most notably Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, but also in episode 31 of the Kamen Rider Decade TV series, with the alternate Kamen Rider Hibiki, Hibiki's actual Rider Kick technique was shown.
- Takeshishiki Onike: Tsui no Kata (猛士式鬼蹴・終の型 lit. "Violent Expression Demon Kick: Final Style") Hibiki's version of the traditional Rider Kick while in the Armed Form . It was seen for the first time in the final episode of Kamen Rider Wizard, Neverending Story.
- Oni Form
- Ongeki Da: Kaen Renda no Kata (音撃打・火炎連打の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Flame Barrage Style") While his Kaentsuzumi is attached to a large Makamou, Hibiki beats it 30 times rapidly with his Rekka. The Sound of Purification resonates through its body, causing it to explode.
- Ongeki Da: Ikki Kasei no Kata (音撃打・一気火勢の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Single Spirit, Force of Fire Style") Hibiki beats the drum with the Rekka together hitting with them at the same time over and over.
- Ongeki Da: Gōka Renbu no Kata (音撃打・豪火連舞の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Strong Flame Union Dance Style") Hibiki beats the Kaentsuzumi with the two together, then one, then two again, then with the other and so on.
- Ongeki Da: Mōka Dotō no Kata (音撃打・猛火怒濤の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Fiery Angry Wave Style"): Hibiki beats the Kaentsuzumi as hard as he can with one arm and then begins his normal two handed beat attack. This allows him to have an advantage when fighting multiple Makamou.
- Ongeki Da: Bakuretsu Kyōda no Kata (音撃打・爆裂強打の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Explosive Powerful Stroke Style") Using his Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi, Hibiki powerfully beats the Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi with both Rekka. The Oni symbol forms on the Makamou and swirls with Hibiki's fire and pure sound, destroying it.
- Hibki Kurenai
- Ongeki Da: Shakunetsu Shinku no Kata (音撃打・灼熱真紅の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Scorching True Crimson Style") In his Kurenai form, Hibiki strikes the Makamou with his Rekka causing a flaming Oni symbol to appear on the Makamou. The symbol paralyzes the Makamou, allowing Hibiki to continue his attack without worry of being attacked by the Makamou he is in battle with.
- Ongeki Da: Bakuretsu Shinku no Kata (音撃打・爆裂真紅の型 lit. "Sound Attack Stroke: the Explosive True Crimson Style") Hibiki uses his Bakuretsu Kaentsuzumi in his Kurenai form, then pounds away in a very fast rhythm. This is Hibiki's strongest Ongeki Da.
- Armed Hibiki
- Ongeki Ha: Kishin Kakusei (音撃刃・鬼神覚醒 lit. "Sound Attack Blade: Fierce Demon Arousal") There are three variations of this attack. First, a gigantic blade of fire protrudes from the blade of the Armed Saber, which can extend to over 100 feet in length, allowing for powerful long range attacks. Secondly, a crimson cyclone that can sweep many Makamou in a single attack. Lastly, a fiery sword beam that can cut into even the toughest of Makamou.
- Height: 222cm
- Weight: 156kg
- Punching Power: 20t
- Kicking Power: 40t
- Maximum Jump Height: 75m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100m/3s
In this form, Hibiki is a purple demon. This is his basic form and the easiest form for him to reach. To become this form, Hibiki simply needs to tap his tuning fork against a solid surface, the vibrations from the fork causing his body to be engulfed in a fiery purple aura. Hibiki also gains a second "oni face" which is a crest that forms on his forehead. Unlike most Kamen Riders, Hibiki does not wear a suit; rather his demon form is his true form.
Appearances: Episode 1-7, 9-14, 17-18, 20, 22-29, Hibiki & The Seven Senki, 30-36, 38-48, All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker, Let's Go Kamen Riders, Super Hero Taisen, Super Hero Taisen Z, Wizard 52-53, Kamen Rider Taisen, Super Hero Taisen GP
- Height: 222cm
- Weight: 156kg
- Punching Power: 30t
- Kicking Power: 50t
- Maximum Jump Height: 90m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100m/2s
Hibiki's second form, also known as Hibiki Kurenai (響鬼 紅 Hibiki Kurenai), was reached during the summer of training. It is exactly the same in appearance as his original form save for the fact that it is red instead of purple. Hibiki learned that he would be able to go beyond his basic form during the summer. At first he was unable to reach this form completely, only able to transform his arms when under attack. This greatly drained him and caused him to begin tougher training.
After an attack by a group of Summer Makamou, Hibiki finally reached this form mid-battle. His body froze as red fumes raised up from the ground and caused his body to change. In this form, Hibiki's powers are all nearly doubled from that of his basic form. He can easily defeat many different types of Makamou with a single strike in this form.
Appearances: Episode 24-29, 31, 33-36, 38-48, Wizard 53
- Height: 233cm
- Weight: 168kg
- Punching Power: 40t
- Kicking Power: 80t
- Maximum Jump Height: 100m
- Maximum Running Speed: 100m/1s
The third and final form Hibiki was able to reach is known as Armed Hibiki (装甲（アームド）響鬼 Āmudo Hibiki). Unlike Kurenai Form that simply changes colors, the armor equipments here are much greater. To reach this form, Hibiki must use the Armed Saber, also serving as a weapon in this form. When initiating the call "Hibiki Sōkō!" (響鬼 装甲) then hits the button on the bottom of the Armed Saber, Hibiki automatically assumes Kurenai Form, then is wreathed in fire. Hibiki calls upon the power of the Disc Animals to fuse with him, each becoming armor for his form. Finally, his oni face is covered with a samurai like shield and his horns expand. Hibiki is able to destroy most lower-leveled Makamou with little to no effort in this form.
Appearances: Hibiki & The Seven Senki, Episode 33-48, Wizard 53
Appearances in other media
Kamen Rider Hibiki (PS2)
Hibiki appears as a Main Rider in the Kamen Rider Hibiki video game.
All Kamen Rider: Rider Generation 1 & 2
Hibiki appears as an unlockable character on both games. Based on video game dialogue in the first game, players get a small bit of expansion on Hibiki's character, as a line by Hibiki states that he dislikes being referred to as a Kamen Rider and prefers his title of an Oni.
Kamen Rider Battride War
Kamen Rider Battride War II
Kamen Rider Hibiki reappeared in Kamen Rider: Battride War II, summoned by Cinema along with the remaining Heisei Riders in order to create the "ultimate movie". Hibiki's stage was based off scenes from Kamen Rider Hibiki & The Seven Senki.
Magiranger Stage Show at Double Hero Tokyo Dome City
In a stage show where the Magirangers are seen fighting Underground Hades Empire Infershia, Kamen Rider Hibiki & Ibuki in Oni Form arrive and assist the Magirangers.
Kamen Rider Hibiki Stage Show at 3 Heroes WAKAYAMA Marina-cityble
In a stage show where Kamen Rider Hibiki, Kamen Rider Ibuki, Kamen Rider Zanki & Kamen Rider Todoroki are seen fighting their usual foes when Android Hakaider shows up and winds up defeating them. Kikaider, & Kikaider 01 arrive to assist Kamen Rider Hibiki, Ibuki, Todoroki & Zanki.
Behind the scenes
Hitoshi Hidaka was portrayed by Shigeki Hosokawa (細川 茂樹 Hosokawa Shigeki), who is considered an older rider actor. In Kamen Rider × Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen, Hibiki was voiced by Hideo Ishikawa (石川 英郎 Ishikawa Hideo).
As Kamen Rider Hibiki, his suit actor was Makoto Ito (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto), who also played Danki in the same series.
As the leading Rider protagonist of Kamen Rider Hibiki, Hitoshi Hidaka (Kamen Rider Hibiki) is labeled Kamen Rider #21 (仮面ライダー21号 Kamen Raidā Nijūichigō) and Heisei Rider #6 (平成ライダー6号 Heisei Raidā Rokugō).
- Hibiki is one of the Onis who can use all three Ongeki weapons (Ongekibou, Ongekikan and Ongekigen), the others are Zanki and Sabaki.
- "Hibiki Kenzan" is a character song performed by Masatoshi Ono for Kamen Rider Hibiki.
- Apart from the 7 Onis of Kanto who appears in the series, Hibiki is the only oni that has the Yellow Crab disk.
- During the series, Hibiki is the only Oni of the core three who doesn't seen the Douji-Hime's Fake Leader.
- Counted in each series, compared to the other Primary Riders, Hibiki gets his own bike lastly (in episode 25).
- Appearance wise Hibiki's Kurenai Form bears a slight resemblance to Lord Zedd of the Power Rangers franchise.
|Kamen Rider Hibiki|
|Primary: Hitoshi Hidaka - Iori Izumi - Tomizo Todayama - Zaomaru Zaitsuhara|
|Other: Daisuke Danda - Sakae Saeki - Eiki - Shuki - Akira Amami - Kyosuke Kiriya - Shouki|
|Ancient Sengoku Era Oni: Hibiki (Past) - Ibuki (Past) -Todoroki (Past) - Kabuki - Tohki - Kirameki - Nishiki - Habataki|
|Ichiro Tachibana- Asumu Adachi - Kasumi Tachibana - Hinaka Tachibana - Midori Takizawa - Kounosuke Kogure|
|Allies: Hitomi Mochida - Ikuko Adachi|
|Leaders: The Real Man and Woman - The Man and Woman - Black Puppet - White Puppet - Super Douji and Hime|
|Giant Type Makamou: Tsuchigumo - Yamabiko - Bakegani - Ittanmomen - Ooari - Okubi - Otoroshi - Ubume - Yamaarashi - Oonamazu - Amikiri - Kamaitachi - Notsugo|
|Summer Type Makamou: Dorotabou - Kappa - Bakeneko - Uwan - Tengu - Hitotsumi|
|Special Makamou: Nanashi - Kasha - Yobuko - Kodama - Satori - Rokurokubi - Orochi|
|View • Talk • Edit|