|This article is about a/an monster in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
|Series:||Kamen Rider Ex-Aid|
|Homeworld:||Giri Giri Chambara|
|First Appearance:||Chasing the Mystery!|
|Number of Episode|
Full list of appearances
Taro Suwa ("Heiji Uesugi")
Yuji Oyakawa ("Shishido")
Kaiden Bugster (カイデンバグスター Kaiden Bagusutā) is the monster born from data of the samurai-themed video game, Giri Giri Chambara.
The boss of the Genm Corp. game Giri Giri Chambara, the character of Kaiden was conceived by Kuroto Dan, the teenage son of Genm CEO Masamune Dan. As a Bugster, Kaiden's origin is traced to the Y2K bug, which left what would be known as the Bugster Virus on the younger Dan's computer shortly following New Year's 2000. Secretly incubating the virus by infecting the young Emu Hojo with it, Kuroto Dan would arrange for its matured form to be extracted by Michihiko Zaizen ten years later, using it to execute the Zero Day incident in the following year.
Over five years after Zero Day, the Kaiden Bugster emerged from Detective Heiji Uesugi due to his stress at not being able to solve the case of Zero Day, which had caused the death of his son. Kaiden duels Brave Hunter Quest Gamer Level 5 Full Dragon and Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Level X in a sword fight, getting weakened by hits Drago Knight and Mighty Double Critical Strikes and retreating back inside of Heiji.
He reemerges when Heiji again feels ashamed of his lack of progress on the case, fighting Brave Level 5 Full Dragon, but this time being defeated by a slash from Drago Knight Critical Strike. His debris are collected by Kuroto with the Gashacon Bugvisor.
The Bugster Horde
Kaiden was part of an perpetually reviving army of Bugsters which emerged in the real world as a result of Kuroto Dan's plot to revive in the Game World. This endless horde was held off by Kamen Riders Brave and Snipe, sharing the Gashat Gear Dual β and Hunter Gamer between each other, while Emu was sent from CR to the Game World to stop Dan. Ultimately, the Bugster horde was suddenly dissipated in an instant as the destruction of the Game World brought about by Kazuma Kenzaki thwarted Dan's ambition to revive.
Advancing to Level 40, Kaiden emerged from Neironzu band member Shishido alongside Level 20 Motors and Level 40 Gatton. Engaged by Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer, supported by Shishi Red, Kaiden and Gatton quickly fled, leaving Motors to be pacified. Confronted by the Kamen Riders at the Seito Stadium, Kaiden was engaged by Kamen Rider Snipe Simulation Gamer Level 50, who destroyed him with the Bang Bang Critical Fire.
Kamen Rider Chronicle
- "Impudent child! Your slashes don't scratch me!"
- ―Kaiden, seemingly unaffected by Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer's Hyper Critical Sparking before the damage takes effect[src]
- "En garde!"
- ―Gamedeus channels Kaiden[src]
As one of the component Bugsters of Kamen Rider Chronicle, Kaiden's power was channeled by the last boss Gamedeus, allowing him to skillfully slash his opponents as performed during his battle against Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer and Para-DX Perfect Knock Out Gamer.
Kaiden was one of four Bugster bosses that were summoned against the Kamen Riders by Masamune Dan once he became Super Gamedeus. They were eliminated with Gamedeus' virus by the vaccine spread through Doctor Mighty XX by Poppy Pipopapo's sacrifice.
Kaiden acts like a highly skilled and well-seasoned samurai, challenging his opponents to sword duels while touting his own skill.
The Bugsters originate as the microscopic Bugster Virus (バグスターウイルス Bagusutā Uirusu), a result of humans being contaminated by the Bugster, thus developing the condition known as the Game Disease (ゲーム病 Gēmu-byō).
Level 30 (レベル30 Reberu Sātī): Kaiden's main form. Like other Level 30 Bugsters, it overtakes the host's form when they become stressed enough.
- Powers and Abilities
- Swordsmanship Proficiency
- As a boss character of Giri Giri Chambara, Kaiden possess tremendous skill in swordsmanship. His usage of Kaiden Sword-Pair implies him to be a practitioner of nitoryū.
- Kaiden Sword-Pair (カイデンスウォード・双 Kaiden Sōdo Sō)
- A pair of katana utilized by Kaiden. When any Collabos Bugsters utilized the power of Giri Giri Chambara, one of the Kaiden Sword is inherited to them as Collabo Sword.
Appearances: Ex-Aid Episodes 21
Level 40 (レベル40 Reberu Fōtī)
Appearances: Ex-Aid Episodes 24
Behind the Scenes
"Kaiden" is an abbreviation of "Menkyo Kaiden" (免許皆伝), refers to the permission of education system for semi practitioners of various Japanese classical martial arts and ways.
- Being born directly from Giri Giri Chambara, the three Bugsters that use the Giri Giri Chambara Rider Gashat receive their katana and chest armor from this Bugster. Unlike Kaiden, their capes were colored silver instead of red.
- Kaiden Bugster has an oni face design on his hat just like the oni faces on the Hibiki Riders' helmets.
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
- Chambara Gamer - Kaiden Bugster's counterpart.
- Collabos Bugster (Giri Giri Chambara) - A Bugster that utilizes the power of the Giri Giri Chambara Gashat.
- Ageha Takeda - A Next Genome Institute worker that utilizes the power of the Proto Giri Giri Chambara Gashat to become Giril Bugster.
- Collabos Bugster (Kamen Rider Genm) - A Bugster that briefly utilizes the power of the Proto Giri Giri Chambara Gashat after switching from Proto Gekitotsu Robots and finally Ganbarizing.