|This article is about a/an additional unnumbered (EX) series entry in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|WARNING: This series contains scenes of graphic violence, blood, body horror, alcohol drinking, cannibalism and body dismemberment. Viewer discretion is advised!|
|Kamen Rider Amazons|
|Number of episodes:||13 (season 1)|
13 (season 2)
|First episode:||AMAZONZ (season 1)|
TBA (season 2)
|Last episode:||M (season 1)|
TBA (season 2)
|Original airing:||April 1, 2016 (season 1)|
April , 2017 (season 2)
Kamen Rider 1 (movie)
Kamen Rider Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser
Kamen Rider Amazons (仮面ライダーアマゾンズ Kamen Raidā Amazonzu) is a web-only Kamen Rider season based on the 1974 TV series Kamen Rider Amazon and is a part of Toei Company's Super Hero Year (スーパーヒーローイヤー Sūpā Hīrō Iyā) project. It premiered on the Japanese version of Amazon Prime on April 1, 2016. The catchphrase for the net series is "Open Your Amazons". Later in July, an edited version of Amazons featuring a new opening will be aired on two TV channels: the BS Asahi and Tokyo MX at the late night time and the catchphrase is changed into "Hunt, start" (狩り、開始 Kari, kaishi). 
This net series will also air in the US in September as the first round of the exportation of the Amazon Prime Original Videos, under the title of Amazon Riders.
The second season of Kamen Rider Amazons will premiere in 2017.
- "Do you think the recent Kamen Riders are interesting? I don't think so! I hope with Amazons the toothless Kamen Riders can get their fangs back."
- ―Shinichiro Shirakura[src]
Following the Kamen Rider 1 movie, Amazons was announced in one of the 2016 March Televi-kun magazine pages and later confirmed on March 18, 2016. It changed most of the settings from the original Amazon and doesn't interfere or alter continuity with anything of the recently airing TV series. With the legendary staffs and strongest action teams who produced the Heisei Riders, Amazon now is fully reborn in a modern and darker style that makes it not for kids anymore.
The world is filled by thousands of monsters named Amazonz, and the company of Nozama Pharmacy has hired a special team to hunt down and eliminate them. One day, the team were hunting down two Amazon riders, Amazon Riders Alpha and Omega, with their transformers being Jin and Haruka respectfully.
Haruka eventually joined the team to hunt down the Amazonz. However, when they were trying to eliminate a group of Amazonz that were hiding inside a restaurant, Haruka eventually divided his opinion with the group when he found out that those Amazonz have no intention to harm humans. The restaurant has also changed Mamoru, one of the members in the team. He eventually started to have interests in eating human beings. After Jin and Haruka defeated Sigma, Nozama Pharmacy decided to launch a special plan named Tlaloc, a plan to kill all Amazonz. Mamoru was in a struggle during Tlaloc because he previously ate one of his friends, Kazuya Mizaki's arm. Haruka eventually rescued him and both of them escaped.
|Kamen Rider Amazon Omega||Haruka Mizusawa|
|Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha||Jin Takayama|
Kamen Rider Amazon Sigma
|Dragonfly Amazon||Ryusuke Otaki|
- Main article: Kamen Rider Amazons Episodes
All of the episode titles are completely in English, and in all-caps, beginning with the corresponding letter of the alphabet per number (1=A, 2=B, 3=C, and so on).
- BEAST INSIDE
- COLONY OF ANTS
- DIE OR KILL
- EYES IN THE DARK
- FOR WHAT I FIGHT
- GAME OF THE BUTCHERS
- HERO OR NOT
- INTO THE CANNIBAL'S POT
- JUNGLE LAW
- KILLING DAY
- LOST IN THE FOG
- Haruka Mizusawa (水澤 悠 Mizusawa Haruka): Tom Fujita (藤田 富 Fujita Tomu)
- Jin Takayama (鷹山 仁 Takayama Jin): Masashi Taniguchi (谷口 賢志 Taniguchi Masashi)
- Mizuki Mizusawa (水澤 美月 Mizusawa Miduki): Rena Takeda (武田 玲奈 Takeda Rena)
- Nanaha Izumi (泉 七羽 Izumi Nanaha): Ayu Higashi (東 亜優 Higashi Ayu)
- Makoto Shido (志藤 真 Shidō Makoto): Mitsutoshi Shundo (俊藤 光利 Shundō Mitsutoshi)
- Mamoru (マモル): Ryota Kobayashi (小林 亮太 Kobayashi Ryōta)
- Ryusuke Otaki (大滝 竜介 Ōtaki Ryūsuke): Ryoma Baba (馬場 良馬 Baba Ryōma)
- Nozomi Takai (高井 望 Takai Nozomi): Kanon Miyahara (宮原 華音 Miyahara Kanon)
- Kazuya Misaki (三崎 一也 Misaki Kazuya): Katsuya (勝也 Katsuya)
- Kota Fukuda (福田 耕太 Fukuda Kōta): Kazuya Tanabe (田邊 和也 Tanabe Kazuya)
- Jun Maehara (前原 淳 Maehara Jun): Hiroshi Asahina (朝日奈 寛 Asahina Hiroshi)
- Reika Mizusawa (水澤 令華 Mizusawa Reika): Takako Kato (加藤 貴子 Katō Takako)
- Shogo Kano (加納 省吾 Kanō Shogō): Toshimasa Komatsu (小松 利昌 Komatsu Toshimasa)
- Yugo Tachibana (橘 雄悟 Tachibana Yūgo): Yu Kamio (神尾 佑 Kamio Yū)
- Takaaki Tenjo (天条 隆顕 Tenjō Takaaki): Takashi Fujiki (藤木 孝 Fujiki Takashi)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Omega: Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo)
- Kamen Rider Amazon Alpha: Hirokazu Iwakami (岩上 弘数 Iwakami Hirokazu)
- Kamen Rider Amazons Sigma: Makoto Arakawa (荒川 真 Arakawa Makoto)
- The show itself is an in-joke that this series based on Kamen Rider Amazon would premiere on Amazon Prime.
- This is further referenced by the show's catchphrase being "Open Your Amazons", a tongue-in-cheek reference to the fact that Amazon the website is an online shopping site that delivers packages ordered from their site to a customer's house.
- The series title, Amazons, is a pun that means several Amazon Riders will appear.
- The next-episode previews are titled as "NEXT HUNT" and the last preview is titled "LAST HUNT".
- Due to its violent and dark premise and the fact that it is for an adult audience, has Yasuko Kobayashi as its main writer and is a Horror/Action drama, some Rider fans view this series as an attempt by Toei to compete/capitalize on the return of the GARO franchise. By coincidence, GARO: Makai Retsuden, the sixth GARO live action series, began airing around the same month as this web series albiet a week later.
- The fact that the series is going to be released on a streaming-only basis on Amazon Japan, it seems that Toei is following Marvel's act of releasing streaming-only series' on Netflix, such as Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Similar to those series', Amazons features darker and more violent materials compared to the more "mainstream" parts of their respective franchises thanks to the less stringent censorship.
- It is the only entry in the Kamen Rider franchise to get a second season of the same show with the same title.
- This is the first original Kamen Rider series to be digitally streamed in the west. The first ever Kamen Rider series to be viewed online in the US was the Ryuki adaptation Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight, which streamed on the 4Kids TV website until its closure.
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
|Heisei Era (2000-2009)|
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
|Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-present)|
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|Kamen Rider G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Kamen Rider 1 (reboot/remake) • Kamen Rider Amazons|
|English Adaptation Rider Series|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|