|This article is about a/an series entry (the 28th) in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|Kamen Rider Build|
|Number of episodes:||TBA|
|First episode:||That One with the Best Match|
|Intro:||Be The One|
|Original airing:||September 3, 2017 - TBA|
Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
Kamen Rider Build (仮面ライダービルド Kamen Raidā Birudo) is a Japanese tokusatsu drama in Toei Company's Kamen Rider Series. It is the nineteenth series in the Heisei period run and the twenty-eighth series overall. The series started on September 3rd, 2017, joining Uchu Sentai Kyuranger in the Super Hero Time line-up after the finale of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.
The tagline of the series is, “The laws of victory have been decided!” One of the underlying motifs of this season is science and scientific principles.
- "It has been 10 years since Pandora Box was discovered on Mars and caused the Skywall tragedy. Our country was divided into Touto, Seito and Hokuto, resulting in untold chaos."
10 years ago, the “Pandora Box” was found on Mars. On Earth, it created walls that divided Japan into Touto (Eastern Capital), Hokuto (Northern Capital) and Seito (Western Capital) and brought along the Smash, unidentified lifeforms that attack people.
Sento Kiryu, prodigy physicist, transforms into Kamen Rider Build to fight the Smash.
The Touto government requests his help in deciphering the mystery behind the Pandora Box and the Smash. There is one mystery not even Sento can solve: his own past. The only memory he has left of more than 20 years is the existence of a sinister figure called Night Rogue. There is one man who holds the key to Sento’s memories: A prison escapee by the name of Ryuga Banjo, who adamantly denies committing the murder he is accused of. Misora Isurugi who works with Sento, has the ability to purify the harmful components the Smash are made of.
Sento transforms into Kamen Rider Build in order to uncover the mystery surrounding the Pandora Box, the Smash and his amnesia.
Kamen Rider Build
|Kamen Rider Cross-Z||TBA|
|Kamen Rider Cross-Z Charge|
|Kamen Rider Grease||TBA|
|Kamen Rider Rogue||TBA|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid||Emu Hojo|
|Kamen Rider Genm||Kuroto Dan|
Kamen Rider Para-DX
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid|
|Kamen Rider Brave||Hiiro Kagami|
|Kamen Rider Snipe||Taiga Hanaya|
|Kamen Rider Lazer Turbo||Kiriya Kujo|
|Kamen Rider Ghost||Takeru Tenkuji|
|Kamen Rider Gaim||Kouta Kazuraba|
|Kamen Rider Fourze||Gentaro Kisaragi|
Kamen Rider OOO
- Main article: Faust
|Night Rogue||Gentoku Himuro|
|Blood Stalk||Blood Stalk|
- Main article: Smash
|Needle Smash||Unidentified man|
|Burn Smash||Kasumi Ogura|
|Flying Smash||Reika Kine|
|Mirage Smash||Masahiro Nabeshima|
|Press Smash||Tatsuya Kishida|
|Strong Smash Hazard||Kyoka Katsuragi|
|Flying Smash 2|
- to be added
- Main article: Kamen Rider Build Episodes
Similar to the previous series, half of each episode's title is an English word, though spelled in katakana instead of English letters, and the other is written in kanji. Most of the episodes contain formulas from mathematics or physics to form each episode number in the onscreen titles.
- That One with the Best Match (ベストマッチな奴ら Besutomacchi na Yatsu ra)
- The Innocent Runaway (無実のランナウェイ Mujitsu no Rannawei)
- Borderline of Justice (正義のボーダーライン Seigi no Bōdārain)
- The Testimony Will Be Zero (証言はゼロになる Shōgen Wa Zero ni naru)
- Dangerous Identity (危ういアイデンティティー Ayaui Aidentitī)
- Moonsault of Anger (怒りのムーンサルト Ikari no Mūnsaruto)
- The Devil's Scientist (悪魔のサイエンティスト Akuma no Saientisuto)
- Memory Starts To Talk (メモリーが語りはじめる Memorī Ga Katari Hajimeru)
- Project Build Trap (プロジェクトビルドの罠 Purojekuto Birudo No Wana)
- Kamen Rider Heisei Generations FINAL: Build & Ex-Aid with Legend Riders (仮面ライダー平成ジェネレーションズFINALビルド＆エグゼイドwithレジェンドライダー Kamen Raidā Heisei Jenerēshonzu Fainaru: Birudo ando Eguzeido wizu Rejendo Raidā)
- Transformation Lessons ~The Laws Of Transformation Are Set!~ (仮面ライダービルド 変身講座～変身の法則は決まった！～ Kamen Raidā Birudo Henshin Kōza Henshin No Hōsoku Wa Kimatta!)
- Sento Kiryu (桐生 戦兎 Kiryū Sento): Atsuhiro Inukai (犬飼 貴丈 Inukai Atsuhiro)
- Ryuga Banjo (万丈 龍我 Banjyō Ryūga): Eiji Akaso (赤楚 衛二 Akaso Eiji)
- Misora Isurugi (石動 美空 Isurugi Misora): Kaho Takada (高田 夏帆 Takada Kaho)
- Nariaki Utsumi (内海 成彰 Nariaki Utsumi): Yuki Ochi (越智 友己 Ochi Yūki)
- Sawa Takigawa (滝川 紗羽 Takigawa Sawa): Yukari Taki (滝 裕可里 Taki Yukari)
- Gentoku Himuro (氷室 幻徳 Himuro Gentoku): Kensei Mikami (水上剣星 Mikami Kensei)
- Soichi Isurugi (石動 惣一 Isurugi Souichi): Yasuyuki Maekawa (前川泰之 Maekawa Yasuyuki)
- Taizan Himuro (氷室 泰山 Himuro Taizan): Meikyo Yamada (山田明郷 Yamada Meikyō)
- Masakuni Mido (御堂正邦 Midō Masakuni): Norimasa Fuke (冨家規政 Fuke Norimasa)
- Yoshiko Tajimi (多治見 喜子 Tajimi Yoshiko): Ryoko Gi (魏 涼子 Gi Ryōko)
- Eita Kawai (河合栄多 Kawai Eita): Tsukasa Honjo (本庄 司 Honjō Tsukasa)
- Blood Stalk (ブラッドスターク Buraddo Sutāku, Voice): Tetsuo Kanao (金尾 哲夫 Kanao Tetsuo)
- Build Driver (ビルドドライバー Birudo Doraibā, Voice): KORBY (コービー Kōbī)
- Narration: Bucky Koba (バッキー木場 Bakki Koba)
- This series will run through 2018, the 80th anniversary of Shotaro Ishinomori's birth.
- This series will be the final Rider series to have a full televised run in the Heisei Era; the series after Build will be in a similar position to Kamen Rider Black RX in that it will run during the transition of reigning emperors. Emperor Akihito will abdicate the throne in 2019 to his son Prince Naruhito, thus beginning a new era of Japan.
- With this series, Kamen Rider's timeslot changes from 8am to 9am starting in October.
- This is the first series since:
- Kamen Rider Wizard to premiere in September.
- Kamen Rider Fourze to have a female vocalist sing its opening theme.
- Entire Kamen Rider history to have a non-Native Japanese singer provide vocals for its opening theme.
- Kamen Rider Decade to use only "Form" in naming the Rider's forms instead of using a unique term like Combo, States, etc.
- In keeping with the science motif, a few of the equations seen in the show are based on math, scientific theories or scientific principles. For example, the last equation seen in the opening intro right next to Kamen Rider Build is Boltzmann's entropy formula.
- Just like Ex-Aid shared many similarities with Arc-V, Build also shares many with the co-airing Yu-Gi-Oh! series VRAINS. In both series, the protagonist hides his true identity to the public to investigate his kidnapping in the past. On the other hand, the villains are a mysterious group with some connections to a tragedy 10 years ago.
|Kamen Rider Series|
|Showa Era (1971-1994)|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX|
|Heisei Era (2000-2009)|
|Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade|
|Heisei Era Phase 2 (2009-present)|
|W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard • Gaim • Drive • Ghost • Ex-Aid|
|Remakes and Other Series|
|Kamen Rider G • The First (remake) • The Next (remake) • Kamen Rider 1 (reboot/remake) • Kamen Rider Amazons|
|English Adaptation Rider Series|
|Masked Rider • Dragon Knight|
|View • Talk • Edit|