|This article is about a/an video game series in the Kamen Rider Series.|
Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes (仮面ライダー クライマックスヒーローズ Kamen Raidā Kuraimakkusu Hīrōzu?, Masked Rider: Climax Heroes) is a series of video game that produced by Bandai Namco and Eighting which featuring the protagonists of the Heisei Kamen Rider Series.
It is the first Kamen Rider fighting game to be released since Kamen Rider Kabuto.
The first installment, Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes was released as part of the 10th anniversary of the Kamen Rider Series by Toei, TV Asahi, Ishimori Productions, and Bandai. The game later spawned several updates for the Wii and PlayStation Portable consoles as well as an American version for the Wii based on Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight.
List of installments
All game's versions introduce in total 55 playable characters and more than 200 playable forms. Some forms and characters are unique for different versions of the game.
|Character||Climax Heroes||Climax Heroes W||Climax Heroes OOO||Climax Heroes Fourze||Super Climax Heroes|
|Kamen Rider 1 (New)|
|Kamen Rider 2 (New)|
|Shocker Minion||NPC Minion||NPC Minion|
|Shocker Rider||NPC Minion||NPC Minion|
|Kamen Rider V3|
|Riderman||Striker for V3||Striker for V3|
|Kamen Rider Amazon|
|Kamen Rider Black|
|Kamen Rider Black RX|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Mighty Form|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Dragon Form|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Pegasus Form|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Titan Form|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Amazing Mighty||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Ultimate Form|
|Kamen Rider Agito Ground Form|
|Kamen Rider Agito Trinity Form|
|Kamen Rider Agito Burning Form||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Agito Shining Form|
|Kamen Rider G3-X||(Decade Mode)||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider Gills|
|Kamen Rider Exceed Gills||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Ryuki|
|Kamen Rider Ryuki Survive|
|Kamen Rider Knight|
|Kamen Rider Knight Survive|
|Kamen Rider Scissors|
|Kamen Rider Zolda|
|Kamen Rider Raia|
|Kamen Rider Gai|
|Kamen Rider Ouja||Striker for Diend||Striker for Diend|
|Kamen Rider Tiger|
|Kamen Rider Imperer|
|Kamen Rider Femme|
|Kamen Rider Ryuga||NPC||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider Verde|
|Kamen Rider Odin|
|Gelnewt||(Hidden)||NPC Minion||NPC Minion||NPC Minion|
|Kamen Rider Faiz|
|Kamen Rider Faiz Axel Form|
|Kamen Rider Faiz Blaster Form|
|Auto Vajin||(Decade Mode)||(Hidden)||Striker for Faiz||Striker for Faiz|
|Kamen Rider Kaixa||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider Delta|
|Riotroopers||NPC Minion||NPC Minion||NPC Minion|
|Kamen Rider Blade|
|Kamen Rider Blade Jack Form|
|Kamen Rider Blade King Form|
|Kamen Rider Garren|
|Kamen Rider Chalice|
|Kamen Rider Wild Chalice||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Leangle|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki Kurenai|
|Kamen Rider Armed Hibiki|
|Kamen Rider Ibuki|
|Kamen Rider Todoroki|
|Kamen Rider Zanki|
|Kamen Rider Kabuto Rider Form|
|Kamen Rider Kabuto Hyper Form|
|Kamen Rider Gatack Rider Form||(Decade Mode)||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider KickHopper||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider PunchHopper||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto Rider Form||NPC||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider Drake Rider Form|
|Kamen Rider Sasword Rider Form|
|Kamen Rider TheBee Rider Form (Shun Kageyama)|
|Kamen Rider TheBee Rider Form (Sou Yaguruma)|
|Worm (Salis Worm)||(Hidden)||NPC MInion||NPC Minion||NPC Minion|
|Kamen Rider Den-O Sword Form|
|Kamen Rider Den-O Rod Form|
|Kamen Rider Den-O Ax Form|
|Kamen Rider Den-O Gun Form|
|Kamen Rider Den-O Liner Form||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Den-O Super Climax Form|
|Kamen Rider Zeronos Altair Form|
|Kamen Rider Zeronos Vega Form|
|Kamen Rider Zeronos Zero Form||Finisher||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Nega Den-O||NPC||(Hidden)|
|Kamen Rider New Den-O|
|Kamen Rider Kiva Kiva Form|
|Kamen Rider Kiva Emperor Form|
|Kamen Rider Ixa Save Mode|
|Kamen Rider Ixa Burst Mode|
|Kamen Rider Saga|
|Kamen Rider Decade|
|Kamen Rider Decade (Kamen Ride Forms)|
|Kamen Rider Decade Complete Form||Finisher||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Diend|
|Kamen Rider Dark Decade|
|Kamen Rider Dark Decade (Kamen Ride Forms)|
|Kamen Rider W CycloneJoker|
|Kamen Rider W HeatJoker|
|Kamen Rider W LunaJoker|
|Kamen Rider W HeatMetal|
|Kamen Rider W LunaMetal|
|Kamen Rider W CycloneMetal|
|Kamen Rider W LunaTrigger|
|Kamen Rider W CycloneTrigger|
|Kamen Rider W HeatTrigger|
|Kamen Rider W FangJoker|
|Kamen Rider W CycloneJokerXtreme|
|WCAX (Kamen Rider W CycloneAccelXtreme)|
|Kamen Rider Accel|
|Kamen Rider Accel Trial|
|Kamen Rider Joker|
|Kamen Rider Skull|
|Kamen Rider Eternal|
|Masquerade Dopant||NPC Minion||NPC Minion||NPC Minion|
|Kamen Rider OOO Tatoba Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Gatakiriba Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Latorartar Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Sagohzo Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Tajadol Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Shauta Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Putotyra Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Burakawani Combo|
|Kamen Rider OOO Random Combo Variations|
|Kamen Rider OOO Tatoba Combo (Purple Eyes)|
|Kamen Rider Birth (Date Akira)|
|Kamen Rider Birth (Goto Shintaro)|
|Kamen Rider Birth Prototype (Date Akira)||(Birth's Tag Team only)||(tag team only)|
|Kamen Rider Birth Prototype (Goto Shintaro)||(Birth's Tag Team only)||(tag team only)|
|Kamen Rider Birth Day||Finisher||Finisher|
|Kamen Rider Fourze Base States|
|Kamen Rider Fourze Elek States|
|Kamen Rider Fourze Fire States|
|Kamen Rider Fourze Magnet States|
|Kamen Rider Fourze Cosmic States|
|Kamen Rider Fourze Meteor Fusion States||(secret, tag w/Meteor)|
|Kamen Rider Meteor|
|Kamen Rider Meteor Storm|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Flame Style|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Flame Dragon|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Water Style|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Hurricane Style|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Hurricane Dragon||(tag only)|
|Kamen Rider Wizard Land Style|
- In Climax Heroes, Kamen Rider Gatack is called "Gatac".
- In Climax Heroes OOO, Playable appearances are the characters who are once appeared as a special attacks for the certain characters in a previous Climax Heroes series.
- In Climax Heroes OOO, Fourze, and Super have a custom BGM menu in PSP, which you can put a song that you like.
- In Climax Heroes OOO, these playable characters are also available as options for Kamen Rider Diend to summon during a match:
- Punch Hopper
- In Climax Heroes OOO, Double CycloneAccelXtreme is a separate hidden character, referred to in the game as "WCAX" rather than "Kamen Rider Double".
- In a pre-Climax Heroes OOO, Ryuga does not have a finisher.
- In Climax Heroes OOO, some characters do not have finishers:
- In original Climax Heroes - OOO:
- Auto Vajin
- Dark Kabuto
- Nega Den-O
- In Climax Heroes W - OOO:
- Punch Hopper
- Kick Hopper
- In Climax Heroes - OOO:
- Kuuga with Form Change set
- Faiz with Striker set
- Zeronos with Power Up set: Vega Form
- In original Climax Heroes - OOO:
- In Climax Heroes OOO, Fourze, and Super, some characters do have a form/striker/user change at the starter and the transformation, as well as special tag:
- Diend with Striker set in Orange Gauge option
- 'Double with Form Change set' in Green Gauge option
- 'OOO (maximum 9 medals of 3 forms' while in Green Gauge option)
- Birth, switch between Goto or Date
- Fourze with select Switch option
- Wizard with select Ring Option between Style in Green gauge and Magic in White gauge options
- BLACK RX, has it's name changed depending on the transformation he used it on
- Agito only for Power Up set
- Zeronos (only in OOO)
- Decade with Green Gauge
- Fourze with Green Gauge for Elek or Fire State
- Special Tag:
- Den-O: Multiple Den-Os (maximum 2 riders from 4 of the rider's forms (Sword/Rod/Ax/Gun))
- Birth: Birth Prototype assistance (switch between Goto or Date on Birth and Birth Prototype)
- Wizard: Hurricane Dragon
- In Climax Heroes OOO, Fourze, and Super some riders have some options during gameplay;
- Ryuki Riders will have a card system that comes from USA's Dragon Knight Game where each card has rank of 1-4 points and becomes available to use once you get such number of Rider Gauge segments (and uses up these segments), so for example weapon summon will use up 1 or 2 gauge segment, monster summon will use up 2, 3 or 4 gauge segments and shield summon will use up 3 or 4 gauge segment.
- Blade Riders have card system where card combination just highlights by itself as you do special moves or supers; there cards have no gameplay meaning.
- Decade can only choose 1 Kamen Ride and 1 Final Form Ride using Green Gauge.
- OOO can only choose 9 medals of 3 main forms as a stater while in Green Gauge.
- OOO can select a different finishers from Tatoba or Tajadol Combos, if the selected form is not Putotyra Combo (Red Gauge).
- Fourze can only choose 1 or 4 Switch options using a Green gauge groove.
- Fourze can't select other switch if you select Elek or Fire switch. It choose by Fourze itself (exclusive the X switch slot for Elek States isn't Launcher Switch instead is Chainsaw Switch)
- Decade, Double, OOO, Fourze, and Wizard are the only Riders who has a special unique and different gauge groove options.
- Wizard Style gauge and select Magic Ring bars separates. The change style is green gauge, while select Magic Ring is white gauge.
- Wizard select Magic Ring gauge effect is different, depending what style Wizard use.
- In Climax Heroes Fourze, when BLACK RX uses Power Up gauge to transform, the name has changed, depending on the form he used it on.
- In Climax Heroes Fourze, Zeronos's 2 forms are becoming in one due to had a same card from TV series.
- Following the analog directions which may affects on the gauge option set in Climax Heroes OOO and Fourze for Green Gauge and Zeronos's Red Gauge only:
- [Left analog ←]
- Kuuga: Pegasus Form
- Den-O: Ax Form
- Zeronos: Zero Form
- Double: scroll between left half memories
- OOO: scroll between head medals
- Fourze: select Switch Slot/change States
- [Upper analog ↑]
- Kuuga: Mighty Form
- Den-O: Sword Form
- Zeronos: Zero Form
- Double: scroll between three main forms (CycloneJoker, HeatMetal, LunaTrigger)
- OOO: scroll between body medals
- Fourze: change Switch/change States
- [Right analog →]
- Kuuga: Titan Form
- Den-O: Gun Form
- Zeronos: Vega Form
- Double: scroll between right half memories
- OOO: scroll between leg medals
- Fourze: select Switch Slot/change States
- [Lower analog ↓]
- Kuuga: Dragon Form
- Den-O: Rod Form
- Zeronos: Vega Form
- Double: apply current memory selection at once (if you wont, it will still apply automatically few seconds later)
- OOO: apply current medal selection at once (if you wont, it will still apply automatically few seconds later)
- Fourze: only change States
- For Form Change (Red, Blue gauges), Summon (Orange gauge), Assault (White gauge) can be used with any different analog directions
- [Left analog ←]
- Until this date there is still also non-playable form that appear as finisher, this the list:
- Kuuga Amazing Mighty Form
- Agito Burning Form
- Exceed Gills
- Wild Chalice
- Den-o Liner Form
- In Climax Heroes Fourze, some characters have their story altered in Heroes Mode.
- Scissor's crime was uncovered, he avoids his canon death, but becomes a fugitive.
- Verde and Odin force or trick riders out of their series to join the Rider War.
- As they are not human, Dark Kabuto and Faiz often fight together.
- Currently, Shadow Moon is the only "non-Kamen Rider" named Rider character to have finishing move.
- Currently, Kamen Rider Knight, Kamen Rider TheBee and Kamen Rider Birth are only support Riders with two finishing moves.
- TheBee and Birth different finishing used by one different users.
- Knight's properties is similar to the other first riders.
- Currently Kamen Rider BLACK RX and Kamen Rider Double are the only main riders that has their name changed during vs. screen or/and battle
- Double's name changed into Joker in vs. screen and battle while selecting White gauge>Joker or Joker and Cyclone.
- BLACK RX's name changed into Robo Rider or Bio Rider.
- Most of the Neo-Heisei Riders have a dual vs. portraits
- Double (CycloneAccelXtreme/WCAX, despite being different characters from original Double) and OOO (TaToBa Purple Eyes)'s portraits are blank in their second game appearance and their files are removed in the third - onward.
- Double CycloneJoker's main portrait is replaced by Joker's when selecting White gauge>Joker/Joker & Cyclone, while Fourze Base States' main portrait is replaced by Meteor Fusion States' portrait when selecting Fourze Cosmic and Meteor via Tag Team Mode by holding the Start button.
- Kamen Rider OOO Purple Eyes and Kamen Rider Fourze Meteor Fusion States are the only riders that cannot used in via Tag Team Mode
- In Super Climax Heroes, most of the riders can perform air combos similar to Marvel/Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Arc System Works' 2D fighting game series:
- Kamen Rider 1
- Kamen Rider V3
- Kamen Rider Amazon
- Kamen Rider BLACK
- Kamen Rider BLACK RX (default form)
- Kamen Rider Kuuga (Dragon Form, Ultimate Form)
- Kamen Rider Agito (all forms)
- Kamen Rider Gills
- Kamen Rider Ryuki (Survive + Sword Vent: Drag Saber additional attacks)
- Kamen Rider Knight (Survive + default and Sword Vent: Dark Lance additional attacks)
- Kamen Rider Femme (default and Sword Vent: Wing Lance additional attacks)
- Kamen Rider Faiz (default form, Blaster Form)
- Kamen Rider Kaixa
- Kamen Rider Delta
- Kamen Rider Blade (Jack Form)
- Kamen Rider Garren
- Kamen Rider Chalice
- Kamen Rider Leangle
- Kamen Rider Hibiki (default form, Armed)
- Kamen Rider Zanki
- Kamen Rider Todoroki
- Kamen Rider Kabuto (all forms)
- Kamen Rider TheBee (all users)
- Kamen Rider Drake
- Kamen Rider Sasword
- Kamen Rider KickHopper
- Kamen Rider PunchHopper
- Kamen Rider Den-O (Super Climax Form)
- Kamen Rider NEW Den-O
- Kamen Rider Kiva (all forms)
- Kamen Rider IXA (Burst Mode)
- Kamen Rider Saga
- Kamen Rider Decade (Complete Form)
- Kamen Rider DiEnd [has 2 Air Combos]
- Kamen Rider Double (CycloneJoker, LunaTrigger, FangJoker, Joker, CycloneJokerXtreme)
- Kamen Rider Accel (all forms)
- Kamen Rider Skull
- Kamen Rider Eternal
- Kamen Rider OOO (Tatoba Combo, Gatakiriba Combo, Latorartar Combo, Sagohzo Combo, Tajadol Combo, Shauta Combo, Putotyra Combo)
- Kamen Rider Fourze (Base States + air attack Switches, Magnet States, Cosmic States, Meteor Fusion States)
- Kamen Rider Meteor (all forms)
- Kamen Rider Wizard (all forms)
- In the first two games, Den-O's Final Form Ride is Den-O DenKamen, which is four Den-O masks attached to Decade.
- As of Super Climax Heroes, all the Blade Riders are voiced by their original actors.
- For some Ryuki Riders, despite the finisher is the same as their American counterpart, some of the parts are altered.
- Ryuki Survive and Knight Survive: Their finisher doesn't show them ramming into their opponent.
- Odin: Before he could execute Eternal Chaos, besides having him ramming into his opponent, it was replace by the brightness of the light.
- Ouja: After Ouja kicks his opponent to execute Doomsday, the opponent was sucked into Genocider's hole then it explode.
- Climax Heroes OOO theme is the only theme that doesn't release the full version.
- The next prequel's release date to this series is currently unknown. After Super Climax Heroes was out, even though both Kamen Rider Wizard and Kamen Rider Gaim ended, and Kamen Rider Drive made his debut, Bandai had no plans to continue it.
- Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes at Wikipedia
- Climax Heroes Portal site (Japanese)