|This article is about a/an set of movies in Kamen Rider Gaim.|
Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden: Kamen Rider Baron (仮面ライダー鎧武 (ガイム) 外伝: 仮面ライダーバロン Kamen Raidā Gaimu Gaiden: Kamen Raidā Baron) is the spin-off featurette focusing on the character of Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron), released alongside Zangetsu as part of the first double set of Kamen Rider Gaim Gaiden, a series of V-Cinema (direct-to-video) releases that each serve as a spin-off of a Kamen Rider from Kamen Rider Gaim, featuring unseen stories which took place during the show.
Kaito Kumon continues his search for the Over Lords after being egged on by Ryoma Sengoku. The objective: become stronger. Meanwhile, the heir of a foreign country, Shapool, visits Zawame as part of an inspection, and Kaito discovers this Shapool person is identical to him. Eager for some freedom, Shapool finds Kaito, sedates him and steals his clothes which then he appears before the Beat Riders posing as Kaito. Kouta and the others cannot believe their eyes when they see who they believe to be Kaito dancing with a smile on his face. Shapool then takes Mai to Charmant, where they eat one of the cakes Shapool has baked. Meanwhile, Kaito comes round to find out that a group led by Shapool’s butler Alfred had been looking for Shapool. Being identical, Kaito is mistaken for Shapool and taken by the group. Alfred then deduces Kaito's identity and has found out of Shapool's location, where he contacts Oren to take care of him. Kaito and Shapool encounter each other again, where then Alfred has found them and threatens to kill Shapool, which cause Kaito reminded his darkest past. Kaito protects him and learns of Shapool's story, as well as sharing his own story with Shapool. After finding out that Alfred has taken Zack, Kaito goes after Alfred. As both were transformed and battled each other as Baron and Tyrant respectively, Tyrant unexpectedly corrupted by the Energy Lockseed possessing Helheim's manipulation and became an Over Lord Inves. Yoko later came in and gave the Ringo Lockseed, whom then took it from Ryoma, to Kaito and transformed as Baron Ringo Arms despite the latter would rather turn himself into an Inves. He defeated Tyrant with the Cavaliend Rider Kick before he later destroyed the Ringo Lockseed.
In the end, Shapool writes a letter to thank Kaito for saving him from Alfred's threats and taking what Kaito has taught him, to believe in friends and to fight for what is right, before he leaves Zawame City for reuniting with his father. Kaito went to his parents' tomb at a cemetery, and later walks out as the flowers were left onto his parents' tomb.
The film ends with an appearance of Lord Baron as a foreshadow to Kaito's dark future.
|Kamen Rider Baron||Kaito Kumon|
|Kamen Rider Bravo||Oren Pierre Alfonzo|
|Kamen Rider Knuckle||Zack|
|Kamen Rider Tyrant||Alfred|
|Lord Baron||Kaito Kumon|
- Locks Used:
- Banana, Mango, Forbidden Ringo
- Dragon Fruits Energy
- Arms Changes:
- Kaito Kumon (駆紋 戒斗 Kumon Kaito), Shapool (シャプール Shapuru): Yutaka Kobayashi (小林 豊 Kobayashi Yutaka)
- Kouta Kazuraba (葛葉 紘汰 Kazuraba Kōta): Gaku Sano (佐野 岳 Sano Gaku)
- Ryoma Sengoku (戦極 凌馬 Sengoku Ryōma): Tsunenori Aoki (青木 玄徳 Aoki Tsunenori)
- Yoko Minato (湊 耀子 Minato Yōko): Minami Tsukui (佃井 皆美 Tsukui Minami)
- Mai Takatsukasa (高司 舞 Takatsukasa Mai): Yuumi Shida (志田 友美 Shida Yuumi)
- Zack (ザック Zakku): Gaku Matsuda (松田 岳 Matsuda Gaku)
- Peko (ペコ Peko): Saku Momose (百瀬 朔 Momose Saku)
- Hideyasu Jonouchi (城乃內 秀保 Jonouchi Hideyasu): Ryō Matsuda (松田 凌 Matsuda Ryō)
- Oren Pierre Alfonzo (凰蓮・ピエール・アルフォンゾ Ōren Piēru Arufonzo): Metal Yoshida (吉田メタル Yoshida Metaru)
- Alfred (アルフレッド Arufuredo): Gamon Kaai (河相 我聞 Kaai Gamon)
- Kaito's Father: Akira Matsushita (松下 哲 Matsushita Akira)
- Kaito's Mother: Keiko Takemitsu (竹光 桂子 Takemitsu Keiko)
- Kaito Kumon (child): Kurando Katayama (片山 蔵人 Katayama Kurando)
- Dancer: Yutaro Yamasaki (山崎 裕太朗 Yamasaki Yutarō), Reiya Seguchi (瀬口 黎也 Seguchi Reiya), Daisuke Mishimaki (三島木 大介 Mishimaki Daisuke)
- Closing Screen Lockseed Collection:
- Kamen Rider Baron
- Kamen Rider: Baron
- Lockseeds: LS-08 Banana, LS-11 Mango, ELS-PROTO Dragon Fruits Energy, LS-TABOO Ringo
- Kamen Rider Baron
- Lord Baron appears in the end of Kamen Rider Baron as a foreshadow to Kaito, despite not yet existing until near the very end of the TV series.
- One of Alfred's guard man previously portrayed Roidmude 103's human form in Kamen Rider Drive, episode 9.
- Both of his characters wears suits, and shares the same hair style.
- Despite having received his powers up until this point, this is the only time Kouta Kazuraba does not transform into Kamen Rider Gaim since then.
- In REAL RIDERS Kaito Kumon Side Story story, Kaito's past is different from this special: While this special reveals that young Kaito was abused by his father and forced to witness his parents' suicides, in the manga, he was sent to an orphanage after his parents weren't capable of raising him, and keeps declining adoption under the assumption that his parents would return, thus theorizing that they died sometime during his days at the orphanage.
- There does not seem to be any connection in the story lines between both Gaim Gaiden specials, except for the fact that the Ringo Lockseed that Touka Akatsuki was using to become Idunn, comes into the hands of Yggdrasill, later Kaito. This indicates the fact that Ryoma had took it from her after killing her, and he had Yoko give it to Kaito.
- Some of the plot of this movie is loosely similar in premise to Mark Twain's The Prince and the Pauper, as Kaito is a commoner who stumbles upon a wealthy look-alike and swaps places with him. The variation is that Kaito was an unwilling party to the swap.
- In stock footage from the third episode, the stand-by music for Kaito's Sengoku Driver is not heard.
- When Oren and Zack transform into their Rider forms, the "Lock On" and stand-by music for their Drivers are not heard.
- When Alfred puts the Dragonfruit Energy Lockseed into the Genesis Driver for the first time, the confirmation noise that plays after a Lockseed goes in is the one for the Sengoku Driver instead of the Genesis Driver.
- When Alfred unlocks the Dragonfruit Energy Lockseed for the second time, the sound heard is the unlocking sound for a standard Lockseed.
- It is not known where Baron and Tyrant even got their motorcycles from in the first place during the bike brawl.
- Jonouchi states that he likes the name Gridon, despite not accepting the name until episode 25.
- This may be part of Jonouchi learning to accept of the name Gridon before fully accepting it in episode 25.
- Kaito refers to Alfred as an Armored Rider as the latter is in fact equipped with a Genesis Driver.
- This may be due to the fact that the term "New Generation Rider" was never used by any character in the show proper.
- The ending screen makes no reference to Baron's Rose Attacker Lock Vehicle, or the Suika Lockseed he never gave back to Kouta.
- This may be because neither showed up in the movie.