|This article is about a/an series entry (the 10th) in the Kamen Rider Series.|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga|
|Number of episodes:||49|
|Intro:||Kamen Rider Kuuga!|
|Original airing:||January 30, 2000|
Kamen Rider J
Kamen Rider Agito
- This article is about the television series. For the series' main character, Kuuga, see Yuusuke Godai.
Kamen Rider Kuuga (仮面ライダークウガ Kamen Raidā Kūga?, Masked Rider Kuuga) is a Japanese tokusatsu television series. It is the tenth installment of the popular Kamen Rider Series of tokusatsu shows and the first of the series to air entirely in the Heisei period. It was a joint collaboration between Ishimori Productions and Toei, and was shown on TV Asahi from January 30, 2000 to January 21, 2001. Kamen Rider Kuuga is the first Kamen Rider Series to be broadcast in widescreen format (albeit presented in a letterbox format). The catchphrase for the series is "A New Hero, A New Legend".
Long ago, the Gurongi Tribe terrorized the Linto (リント Rinto?) until a warrior named Kuuga appeared and defeated the Gurongi, sealing their leader within a cave. In present day, a multi-talented man named Yuusuke Godai finds himself linked to the mysterious stoned belt that was found within the excavated cave as the Gurongi are resurrected and resume their murderous game on the descendants of the Linto, humanity itself.
It is up to Yusuke, along with the assembled Science Police, to use the various powers of Kuuga in order to stop and defeat the Gurongi Tribesmen from their continuous killing and ensure the happiness of others. However, as the endgame draws near, Yusuke learns that there is a horrible revelation behind Kuuga and the Gurongis' leader.
|Kuuga||Riku ► Yuusuke Godai|
- Kaoru Ichijo (一条 薫 Ichijō Kaoru?): The police inspector who is leading operative of the Science Police force formed for fighting the Gurongi. Like his father, who died on his tenth birthday, Ichijo is a model policeman who firmly believes in doing the right thing. Though he is very strict with himself, he will do everything he can, even bend police rules, to help Yusuke fight the Gurongi. He was born in Nagoya City in Aichi Prefecture on April 18, 1974. After the Gurongi were defeated, Ichijo returns to Nagano.
- Sakurako Sawatari (沢渡 桜子 Sawatari Sakurako?): A friend of Yusuke who translates the ancient "Lintonese" transcripts that tell of Kuuga and the Gurongi. At first she was against helping because she was worried about Yusuke, but now she believes in him fully and works hard to help Yusuke understand his powers by deciphering the writings. She was born in Gunma Prefecture on October 30, 1976.
- Minori Godai (五代 みのり Godai Minori?): Yusuke's younger sister who works a teacher at a local daycare. Yusuke will occasionally visit her there to entertain the kids. Like Sakurako, she was at first apprehensive about her brother transforming into Kuuga, but she believes in Yusuke and helps out however she can. She was born in Hokkaidō Prefecture on September 4, 1977.
- Shuichi Tsubaki (椿 秀一 Tsubaki Shūichi?): A trusted friend of Ichijo, he is the doctor that looks after Yusuke and treats him when he becomes injured, while also researching the effects of Yusuke's fusion with the Arcle. Though he's a light-hearted person, he was very serious and worried when talking about Yusuke's future transformations because of the constant dangers that surrounded the Kuuga legend. He also performs the autopsies of the Gurongi victims in order to determine causes of death.
- Hikari Enokida (榎田 ひかり Enokida Hikari?): Another old friend of Ichijo, she is in charge of the Science Division of the Police Department. She studies the biology of the Gurongi in order to develop effective weapons against them. She also assists in the study of Kuuga and the Gouram. Because of the massive amount of work required of her to fight the Gurongi, she was away from home quite often and her child felt alone and neglected.
- Tamasaburo Kazari (飾 玉三郎 Kazari Tamasaburō?):He was friends with the father of Yusuke and Minori, who affectionately refer to him as Oyassan (おやっさん?) like everyone else. He owns and runs the Pore-Pore Tea Cafe. He is a goofy, light-hearted character that keeps a scrap book of all of Kuuga's exploits from the newspaper, though unaware of Yusuke being "Number 4" and thinks that the name "Kuuga" is some nonsensical word made up by Yusuke. After learning the truth, however, he dons the Kuuga mark on his apron in the series epilogue. He was born on June 9, 1955.
- Nana Asahina (朝比奈 奈々 Asahina Nana?, 11-49): Tamasaburo's niece, who helps out at the Pore-Pore Tea while aspringing her dream to be an actress. However, since the death of her acting teacher at the hands of Gurongi, Nana has been troubled until Yusuke finally helps her overcome her sadness.
- Jean Michel Sorrel (ジャン・ミッシェル・ソレル Jan Missheru Soreru?): A university student from America that shares the work office with Sakurako. He researched the broken fragments that later formed into Gouram. He has a crush on Enokida and hoped to help her reconnect with her child.
- Sadao Matsukura (松倉 貞雄 Matsukura Sadao?): The head of the security department of the Metropolitan Police Department with the head of the unidentified life forms joint investigation headquarters.
- Morimichi Sugita (杉田 守道 Sugita Morimichi?): A detective of the investigation dept 1 of the Metropolitan Police Department.
- Tsuyoshi Sakurai (桜井 剛 Sakurai Tsuyoshi?): A detective of the investigation dept 1 of the Metropolitan Police Department.
- Nozomi Sasayama (笹山 望見 Sasayama Nozomi?): A policewoman of the unidentified life forms joint investigation headquarters who sends communication from headquarters.
- Mika Natsume (夏目 実加 Natsume Mika?, 2, 7-8, 13-14, 29, 42-43, 49): The daughter of Prof. Natsume, one of Daguva's victims, she was greatly depressed when her father's murder was being overlooked for the Gurongi attacks, taking the findings her father had at their house. But after Yusuke reasons with her, Mika decides to aid in the Gurongi matter as Jean's assistant. However, she is unable to follow and decides to take up playing the flute her father gave her. But while attending the 12th Arikawa Group Flute Competition, a hostage situation by a disgrunted government working trumatizes Mika as Yusuke tells her to not to run from her fear and continue. Three months later, Mika is attending a special college.
- Shoji Kanzaki (神崎 昭二 Kanzaki Shōji?, 25-26, 47, 49): Yusuke's elementary school teacher, he served as an inspiration to Yusuke, and the two of them visit on certain occasions.
- Junichi Chono (蝶野 潤一 Chōno Jun'ichi?, 13-14, 29-30): A young troubled man, he saw the Gurongi as a salvation until he was saved by Kuuga. He later researched trying to make a living until he was knocked out by Gamego while on his way to a job interview.
- Main article: Gurongi
The Gurongi Tribe (グロンギ族 Gurongi Zoku?) is a mysterious ancient civilization that can transform into monsters to kill people for their ruthless game, referred to in their language as the "Gegeru".
- Main article: Kamen Rider Kuuga Episodes
- Revival (復活 Fukkatsu?)
- Transformation (変身 Henshin?)
- Tokyo (東京 Tōkyō?)
- Sprint (疾走 Shissō?)
- Distance (距離 Kyori?)
- Azure Dragon (青龍 Seiryū?)
- Grief (傷心 Shōshin?)
- Archer (射手 Shashu?)
- Siblings (兄妹 Kyōdai?)
- Fierceness (熾烈 Shiretsu?)
- Promise (約束 Yakusoku?)
- Teacher (恩師 Onshi?)
- Suspicion (不審 Fushin?)
- Omen (前兆 Zenchō?)
- Armor (装甲 Sōkō?)
- Creed (信条 Shinjō?)
- Preparation (臨戦 Rinsen?)
- Loss (喪失 Sōshitsu?)
- Artifact (霊石 Reiseki?)
- Smile (笑顔 Egao?)
- Secrets (暗躍 An'yaku?)
- Game (遊戯 Yūgi?)
- Uneasiness (不安 Fuan?)
- Strengthening (強化 Kyōka?)
- Wandering (彷徨 Hōkō?)
- Myself (自分 Jibun?)
- Ripple (波紋 Hamon?)
- Clarification (解明 Kaimei?)
- Crossroads (岐路 Kiro?)
- Fate (運命 Unmei?)
- Retaliation (応戦 Ōsen?)
- Obstacle (障害 Shōgai?)
- Cooperation (連携 Renkei?)
- Tremble (戦慄 Senritsu?)
- Emotion (愛憎 Aizō?)
- Complication (錯綜 Sakusō?)
- Approach (接近 Sekkin?)
- Transition (変転 Henten?)
- Gooma (強魔 Gōma?)
- Impulse (衝動 Shōdō?)
- Control (抑制 Yokusei?)
- Battlefield (戦場 Senjō?)
- Reality (現実 Genjitsu?)
- Crisis (危機 Kiki?)
- Archenemy (強敵 Kyōteki?)
- Indomitable (不屈 Fukutsu?)
- Decision (決意 Ketsui?)
- Kuuga (空我 Kūga?)
- Yusuke (雄介 Yūsuke?)
- Special Chapter
- First Dream Of The New Year
- Kamen Rider Kuuga vs. the Strong Monster Go-Jiino-Da
- Special Chapter (特別篇 Tokubetsu Hen?, Compiled from the first two episodes with extra footage)
- (SP) First Dream Of The New Year (初夢 Hatsuyume?)
- (EX) Tiredness (乙彼(お疲れ) Otsukare?)
- (Comic) Trust (信頼 Shinrai?)
Kamen Rider Kuuga vs. the Strong Monster Go-Jiino-DaEdit
In the Super Secret Video (超ひみつビデオ Chō Himitsu Bideo?) Kamen Rider Kuuga vs. the Strong Monster Go-Jiino-Da (仮面ライダークウガＶＳ剛力怪人ゴ・ジイノ・ダ Kamen Raidā Kūga Bui Esu Gōriki Kaijin Go Jiino Da?), Yusuke reads through newspaper clippings of his actions as Kuuga before he is called upon to fight a new Gurongi called Go-Jiino-Da. The video also previews his Rising Mighty Form.
S.I.C. Hero SagaEdit
Kuuga had two S.I.C. Hero Saga stories published in Monthly Hobby Japan magazine. The first titled Kamen Rider Kuuga: Odyssey (仮面ライダークウガ -オデッセイ- Kamen Raidā Kūga: Odessei?) written by series producer Shigenori Takatera expands upon the mythology of Kuuga featuring original characters Riku (リク?), the previous Kuuga chosen by the Linto, and the original N-Daguva-Zeba (Incomplete) (ン・ダグバ・ゼバ（不完全体） N Daguba Zeba (Fukanzentai)?). The second story Kamen Rider Kuuga: Dark Side (仮面ライダークウガ -DARK SIDE- Kamen Raidā Kūga: DARK SIDE?) continues the expansion of the series mythology. Odyssey ran from February to May 2002. Dark Side ran in a separate special issue titles Hobby Japan Mook S.I.C. Official Diorama Story S.I.C. Hero Saga vol.2.
- Odyssey chapter titles
- Main article: Kamen Rider Kuuga (novel)
Kamen Rider Kuuga (仮面ライダークウガ Kamen Raidā Kūga?), written by Naruhisa Arakawa, is part of a series of spin-off novel adaptations of the Heisei Era Kamen Riders. The story takes place 12 years after the series, where Yusuke Godai defeated the Gurongi as Kamen Rider Kuuga. Ichijou is still trying to research the remains of the Gurongi Tribe until rumors of a mysterious "white warrior" (白い戦士 shiroi senshi?) surfaces the internet, which reminds Ichijou of Godai. The novel was originally planned to be released on November 30, 2012, however it was delayed.
- Yusuke Godai (五代 雄介 Godai Yūsuke?): Joe Odagiri (オダギリ ジョー Odagiri Jō?)
- Kaoru Ichijo (一条 薫 Kaoru Ichijō?): Shingo Katsurayama (葛山 信吾 Katsurayama Shingo?)
- Sakurako Sawatari (沢渡 桜子 Sawatari Sakurako?): Kazumi Murata (村田 和美 Murata Kazumi?)
- Oyassan (Tamasaburo Kazari) (おやっさん (飾 玉三郎) Oyassan (Kazari Tamasaburō)?): Kitaro (きたろう Kitarō?)
- Minori Godai (五代 みのり Godai Minori?): Wakana Aoi (葵 若菜 Aoi Wakana?)
- Shuichi Tsubaki (椿 秀一 Shūichi Tsubaki?): Yoshitaka Otsuka (大塚 よしたか Ōtsuka Yoshitaka?)
- Hikari Enokida (榎田 ひかり Hikari Enokida?): Kaori Mizushima (水島 かおり Kaori Mizushima?)
- Nana Asahina (朝比奈 奈々 Asahina Nana?): Shio Mizuhara (水原 詩生 Mizuhara Shio?)
- Jean Michel Sorrel (ジャン・ミッシェル・ソレル Jan Missheru Soreru?): Serge Vasilov (セルジュ・ヴァシロフ Seruju Vashirofu?)
- Mika Natsume (夏目 実加 Natsume Mika?): Yuka Takeshima (竹島 由夏 Takeshima Yuka?)
- Sadao Matsukura (松倉 貞雄 Matsukura Sadao?): Yudai Ishiyama (石山 雄大 Ishiyama Yūdai?)
- Morimichi Sugita (杉田 守道 Morimichi Sugita?): Takashi Matsuyama (松山 鷹志 Matsuyama Takashi?)
- Tsuyoshi Sakurai (桜井 剛 Sakurai Tsuyoshi?): Nobuyuki Yoneyama (米山 信之 Yoneyama Nobuyuki?)
- Nozomi Sasayama (笹山 望見 Sasayama Nozomi?): Eri Tanaka (田中 恵理 Tanaka Eri?)
- Hitoshi Kashiwabara (柏原 仁 Kashiwabara Hitoshi?): Takashi Kikuchi (菊池 隆志 Kikuchi Takashi?)
- Junichi Shiina (椎名 純一 Shiina Jun'ichi?): Makoto Hatayama (畠山 真 Hatayama Makoto?)
- Tatsuhiko Ebisawa (海老沢 達彦 Ebisawa Tatsuhiko?): Fujio Mori (森 富士夫 Mori Fujio?)
- Tsurumaru Kameyama (亀山 鶴丸 Kameyama Tsurumaru?): Katsuaki Nishide (西手 勝秋 Nishide Katsuaki?)
- Shoji Kanzaki (神崎 昭二 Kanzaki Shōji?): Takashi Inoue (井上 高志 Inoue Takashi?)
- Junichi Chono (蝶野 潤一 Chōno Jun'ichi?): Daisuke Uchida (内田 大介 Uchida Daisuke?)
- Keiko Motoshiro (元城 恵子 Motoshiro Keiko?): Rie Okada (岡田 理江 Okada Rie?)
- Atsuko Enokida (榎田 篤子 Enokida Atsuko?): Machiko Naka (中 真千子 Naka Machiko?)
- Sayuru Enokida (榎田 冴 Enokida Sayuru?): Kentaro Niibo (新穂 健太郎 Niibo Kentarō?)
- Hiroyuki Yashiro (社 広之 Yashiro Hiroyuki?): Yutaro Kamata (鎌田 雄太郎 Kamata Yūtarō?)
- Shuto Terashima (寺島 周斗 Terashima Shūto?): Tomoaki Takagi (高木 智晃 Takagi Tomoaki?)
- Ra-Baruba-De (Rose-Tattooed Woman) (ラ･バルバ･デ (バラのタトゥの女) Ra Baruba De (Bara no Tatu no On'na)?): Mie Nanamori (七森 美江 Nanamori Mie?)
- Ra-Dorudo-Gu (ラ･ドルド･グ Ra Dorudo Gu?): Tenmei Basara (婆裟羅 天明 Basara Tenmei?)
- Zu-Zain-Da (ズ･ザイン･ダ Zu Zain Da?): Akira Nogami (野上 彰 Nogami Akira?)
- Zu-Gooma-Gu (ズ･ゴオマ･グ Zu Gōma Gu?): Mitsuru Fujio (藤生 みつる Fujiō Mitsuru?)
- Zu-Badzū-Ba & Go-Badā-Ba (ズ･バヅー･バ＆ゴ･バダー･バ Zu Bazū Ba & Go Badā Ba?): Nobuyuki Ogawa (小川 信行 Ogawa Nobuyuki?)
- Nu-Zajio-Re (ヌ･ザジオ･レ Nu Zajio Re?): Tadashi Takatsuki (高月 忠 Takatsuki Tadashi?)
- Me-Biran-Gi (メ･ビラン･ギ Me Biran Gi?): Hironobu Ohashi (大橋 寛展 Ōhashi Hironobu?)
- Me-Garume-Re (メ･ガルメ･レ Me Garume Re?): Masaharu Mori (森 雅晴 Mori Masaharu?)
- Me-Garima-Ba (メ･ガリマ･バ Me Garima Ba?): Miho Iijima (飯島 美穂 Iijima Miho?)
- Go-Buuro-Gu (ゴ･ブウロ･グ Go Būro Gu?): Koichi Takao (高尾 晃市 Takao Kōichi?)
- Go-Bemiu-Gi (ゴ･ベミウ･ギ Go Bemiu Gi?): Seiko Ito (伊藤 聖子 Itō Seiko?)
- Go-Gamego-Re (ゴ･ガメゴ･レ Go Gamego Re?): Kazuyoshi Sakai (酒井 一圭 Sakai Kazuyoshi?)
- Go-Jaraji-Da (ゴ･ジャラジ･ダ Go Jaraji Da?): Masayoshi Okawa (大川 征義 Ōkawa Masayoshi?)
- Go-Zazaru-Ba (ゴ･ザザル･バ Go Zazaru Ba?): Chiaki Asakura (朝倉 ちあき Asakura Chiaki?)
- Go-Jāza-Gi (ゴ･ジャーザ･ギ Go Jāza Gi?): Sumire Arai (あらい すみれ Arai Sumire?)
- Go-Baberu-Da (ゴ･バベル･ダ Go Baberu Da?): Kensho Sakurai (桜井 顕生 Sakurai Kenshō?)
- Go-Gadoru-Ba (ゴ･ガドル･バ Go Gadoru Ba?): Masato Gunji (軍司 眞人 Gunji Masato?)
- N-Daguva-Zeba (ン･ダグバ･ゼバ N Daguba Zeba?): Kenji Urai (浦井 健治 Urai Kenji?)
- Narrator (ナレーター Narētā?): Fumihiko Tachiki (立木 文彦 Tachiki Fumihiko?)
- Kamen Rider Kuuga: Kenji Tominaga (富永 研司 Tominaga Kenji?)
- Gurongi: Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi?), Makoto Itō (伊藤 慎 Itō Makoto?)
- Go-Zazaru-Ba: Shoji Hachisuka (蜂須賀 昭二 Hachisuka Shōji?)
- Go-Jaraji-Da: Toshihiro Ogura (小倉 敏博 Ogura Toshihiro?)
- Kamen Rider Kuuga (Motorcycle Action): Takumi Narita (成田 匠 Narita Takumi?)
- Go-Badaa-Ba (Motorcycle Action): Ryo Narita (成田 亮 Narita Ryō?)
- Opening theme
- "Kamen Rider Kuuga!" (仮面ライダークウガ! Kamen Raidā Kūga!?)
- Ending theme
- "Aozora ni Naru" (青空になる? "Into the Blue Sky")
- This is the last Rider Series to have only a Primary Rider.
|Kamen Rider Kuuga Series|
|Kamen Rider Kuuga|
Yuusuke Godai | Kaoru Ichijo | Sakurako Sawatari | Minori Godai | Shuichi Tsubaki | Hikari Enokida | Tamasaburo Kazari | Nana Asahina | Jean Michel Sorrel | Sadao Matsukura | Morimichi Sugita | Tsuyoshi Sakurai | Nozomi Sasayama | Mika Natsume | Shoji Kanzaki | Junichi Chono
|Gurongi / N-Daguva-Zeba's Tribe|
|Kamen Rider • V3 • X • Amazon • Stronger • Skyrider • Super-1 • ZX (TV special) • Black • Black RX • Shin (movie) • ZO (movie) • J (movie) • Kuuga • Agito • Ryuki • 555 • Blade • Hibiki • Kabuto • Den-O • Kiva • Decade • G (unofficial) • W • OOO • Fourze • Wizard|