|This article is about a/an set of movies in Kamen Rider W.|
|WARNING: This movie contains scenes of blood, graphic violence, alchohol drinking, and mild language. Viewer discretion is advised!|
|Kamen Rider W Returns|
|A movie for Kamen Rider W|
| Release date April 21, 2011 (Accel)|
July 21, 2011 (Eternal)
| Written by Keiichi Hasegawa (Accel)|
Riku Sanjo (Eternal)
|Directed by Koichi Sakamoto|
|Order in Continuity|
Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core
OOO, Den-O, All Riders: Let's Go Kamen Riders
Kamen Rider OOO Wonderful: The Shogun and the 21 Core Medals
Kamen Rider W Returns (仮面ライダーＷ（ダブル） RETURNS Kamen Raidā Daburu Ritānzu) is a set of two V-Cinema (direct-to-video) releases that each serve as a spin-off of a character from Kamen Rider W. Each film focuses on the characters of Ryu Terui and Katsumi Daido. The series' main protagonists, Shotaro Hidari, Philip, and Akiko Narumi, are also featured in both films. Koichi Sakamoto directs both films, with Keiichi Hasegawa writing the Accel portion and Riku Sanjo writing the Eternal portion. Kamen Rider Accel was dedicated to the memory of Minoru Tanaka, who portrayed Hiroshi Sagami within the film.
Kamen Rider Accel
Kamen Rider Accel (仮面ライダーアクセル Kamen Raidā Akuseru), was released on April 21, 2011 (with rentals out on April 8), is a story set after the events of Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider OOO & W Featuring Skull: Movie War Core. This story focus on Ryu Terui, Kamen Rider Accel.
While settling into married life with Akiko, Ryu Terui is brought into a case with Captain Hiroshi Sagami and Inspector Yukihiro Ohno involving a woman named Aoi Katsuragi, a member of a pick-pocketing ring with most of her teammates murdered from unknown masked vigilantes that Ryu fought as Accel. Though she escapes from the police, Ryu captures her before they are ambushed by Kamen Soldiers with Jinno covering their escape. However, Ryu and Aoi are confronted by the Commander Dopant, who is a police officer who murdered Aoi's father. Placing a bomb on Aoi and shooting Jinno with the officer's own gun, the Commander Dopant forces Ryu to help the girl obtain the item she stole some time ago. By then, while with Shotaro and Philip at the Shirogane restaurant as she frets about her relationship to Ryu, Akiko freaks out upon hearing the news of her husband on the run for attempted murder and under the idea that he is two-timing her. Tracking down the last surviving pickpocket, Masaru, Ryu and Aoi learn the item is now held by the pick-pocketing ring's leader. Arriving at the den of thieves, while defending Aoi's honor, Ryu takes down the boss's thugs before the item is revealed as the Gaia Memory Enhancing Adapter as Ryu stops the crime boss from using it on his Unicorn Memory. With forty-eight minutes left, telling her that she can change if she has a pillar of support to call her own, Ryu and Aoi arrive to the meeting place. But Ohno arrives and attempts to arrest Ryu before Sagami arrives and spirits Aoi off as she tells Ryu that he's the Commander Dopant and not Ohno as he suspected.
With Akiko muscling her way in for the ride, Ryu uses a bus to catch up to the Commander Dopant before Akiko causes a car crash and runs out on Ryu. Ryu confronts Commander Dopant, only to learn that Sagami is in the same mind-set he was when driven by revenge on Isaka. As the Commander Dopant offers Ryu to work for him, thanks to Lily covering their escape from Ohno's men, Shotaro and Philip arrive and become Kamen Rider Double to hold off the Kamen Soldiers while Ryu becomes Kamen Rider Accel. Chasing after the Commander Dopant, Accel uses the Trial Memory to destroy the Dopant's command gauntlet and disarm the bomb on Aoi. However, the Commander Dopant uses the Gaia Memory Enhancing Adapter to enhance his power and overwhelm Accel Trial, canceling his transformation. Deciding to remind Ryu of the pain he felt when he lost his family, the Commander Dopant goes after Akiko. Leaving Aoi to save Akiko and confront the psychopath, Ryu refuses to follow Sagami's path while saying it was Akiko who taught him to break free from the cycle of hate. Assuming his Upgraded Commander Dopant form, Sagami sends Akiko falling to her death with Accel unable to reach her. However Aoi takes the Gaia Memory Enhancing Adapter from the Upgraded Commander Dopant and throws it to Accel. The Gaia Memory Enhancing Adapter allows him to become Kamen Rider Accel Booster and save Akiko before defeating the Commander Dopant. As Aoi turns herself in, with Ohno wanting to help her start a new life for herself, Ryu and Akiko begin their relationship anew though Ryu takes offense to everyone saying her name casually.
Kamen Rider Eternal
Kamen Rider Eternal (仮面ライダーエターナル Kamen Raidā Etānaru) released on July 21, 2011 (with rentals out on July 8), is primarily a flashback story set before the events of Kamen Rider W Forever: A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate.
After taking out a Sweets Dopant, Kamen Rider Double encounters a strange woman who tries to kill the two-in-one Kamen Rider with her psychic powers to avenge Katsumi Daido, the man who almost destroyed Futo and defeated by Double. Assuming LunaMetal to restrain her, Shotaro and Philip demand answers on why she would avenge the death of a terrorist. However, upon revealing a harmonica that was his, the psychic reveals that Daido was actually a hero before playing it. She then proceeds to tell the story of Katsumi Daido.
The scene flashes back to Daido's near death experience and conversion by his mother into the first Necro-Over. However, after passing every inhumane experimentation, Daido learns that NEVER Project was rejected by Foundation X in favor of the Museum's Gaia Memories. He responds to the Foundation's messengers by telling that NEVER has only just begun. Sometime later, after reviving Reika as the newest member of NEVER, Daido leads his group of six to a Southeast Asian country called "S" to take out the leader of a terrorist cell located there. However, NEVER finds the terrorist leader murdered by the psychic as she overwhelms the undead supersoldiers with her powers. Only Daido takes the psychic down when her powers wear her down, but spares her life as he realized she was forced to fight. She introduces herself as Mina before a pair of psychic soldiers, Lloyd and Shion, revealing them and Mina to be Quarks: The product of research by Doctor Prospect, a Foundation X scientist. Taking Mina with them, Daido and Reika are confronted by Jun Kazu, who assumes the form of Kamen Rider Eternal Red Flare. When Daido touches the Lost Driver out of a feeling, Kazu is forced to eject the incompatible Eternal Memory and uses his psychic power on Daido and Reika despite before Mina turns herself as Kazu decides to bring the two Necro-Overs with them to Prospect for study.
Coming to, Daido finds himself among Quarks who what to kill him to prove their self-worth. After seeing the Quarks are forced into doing what Prospect orders them to do, Daido fights them off before Mina stops them as she sees Daido to have something Prospect lacks. By then, Prospect arrives and reveals his Eyes Memory allows him to use Quarks, under his control. When Daido asks if his ability can be negated should he die, becomes the Eyes Dopant to eliminate Daido as his body begins to fail him. However, after breaking free from her confinement in the complex, Reika arrives to spirit Daido away. Mina finds Daido's harmonica and tracks Daido down to return it, but accidentally accesses his memories when he states his intent to kill Prospect. She reveals that the Heaven's Horn barrier would eventually eliminate those with barely any psychic ability and less. Taking Reika's emergency bio-stabilizer at her request, Daido revitalizes himself as he and Reika free the Quarks despite their refusal to listen. After using his harmonica to calm them down, Daido gives the Quarks the drive to rebel before giving Mina the harmonica and going off towards the complex.
As Reika and the Quarks fight off the Foundation X Quarks, Daido makes his way to Prospect's manor where he is confronted by Kazu as he reveals Museum's location in Futo before becoming the Utopia Dopant, stating that the Eternal Memory is malfunctioning. Though no match for the Utopia Dopant, Daido manages to get the Eternal Memory and his perfect synchronization with it allows him to become Kamen Rider Eternal Blue Flare. With his newfound power, Eternal kills Kazu and destroys Prospect's controls to Heaven's Horn. As the rest of NEVER arrives to take out his soldiers and get the Quarks out, the Eyes Dopant attacks Eternal before revealing that all he did was ensure they die a painful death. Despite making his way to them, Daido arrives too late to save the Quarks as Prospect reveals his power over the Quarks is to kill them should they leave the complex. Mina is the only one left standing until she collapses in Daido's arms.
The Eyes Dopant's intent to break Daido only drives him utterly insane as he thanks Prospect for reminding him that all people are devils before he transforms into Kamen Rider Eternal to send the Eyes Dopant to Hell with the support from his group before he destroys Eyes Dopant with the Eternal Requiem Maximum Drive. As Prospect dies from his own effect, Daido realizes that the Eternal Memory finally broke down and he discards it. Refusing to revive Mina as a Necro-Over at Reika's request, the maddened Daido decides to stick it to the Museum by going to Futo. However, as Kazu was taken by his fellow Foundation X members to be converted into a Necro-Over, it is revealed that Mina survived the Eyes Dopant's attack.
With her story finished, Shotaro and Philip try to comfort Mina as she knew he was evil yet wanted the two to know what Daido was really like. As she is taken to the hospital for fatigue, Shotaro and Philip arrive to the site of their fight with Kamen Rider Eternal to pay their final respects to Daido as now that they understand the method behind his madness.
Kamen Rider Double
|Philip & Shotaro Hidari|
|Kamen Rider Accel||Ryu Terui|
|Kamen Rider Eternal||Katsumi Daido|
Futo Police Department
|Commander Dopant||Hiroshi Sagami|
|Utopia Dopant||Jun Kazu|
|Eyes Dopant||Doctor Prospect|
- Memory Used:
- Kamen Rider Double:
- Soul - Cyclone, Heat, Luna
- Body - Joker, Metal, Trigger
- Half Changes:
- Accel portion: CycloneJoker, HeatMetal, LunaTrigger
- Eternal portion: CycloneJoker, CycloneMetal, LunaMetal
- Kamen Rider Accel:
- Accel, Trial, Gaia Memory Adapter
- Accel, Bike Form, Accel Trial, Accel Booster
- Kamen Rider Eternal:
- T1 Eternal
- Red Flare (Kazu), Blue Flare (Daido)
- Kamen Rider Double:
- Cameo appearances in both
- Shotaro Hidari (左 翔太郎 Hidari Shōtarō): Renn Kiriyama (桐山 漣 Kiriyama Ren)
- Philip (フィリップ Firippu): Masaki Suda (菅田 将暉 Suda Masaki)
- Akiko Narumi (鳴海 亜樹子 Narumi Akiko): Hikaru Yamamoto (山本 ひかる Yamamoto Hikaru)
- Kamen Rider Accel cast
- Ryu Terui (照井 竜 Terui Ryū): Minehiro Kinomoto (木ノ本 嶺浩 Kinomoto Minehiro)
- Aoi Katsuragi (葛木 葵 Katsuragi Aoi): Yukari Taki (滝 裕可里 Taki Yukari)
- Hiroshi Sagami (相模 広志 Sagami Hiroshi): Minoru Tanaka (田中 実 Tanaka Minoru)
- Yukihiro Ohno (大野 幸弘 Ōno Yukihiro): Mitsutoshi Shundō (俊藤 光利 Shundō Mitsutoshi)
- Mikio Jinno (刃野 幹夫 Jinno Mikio): Takeshi Nadagi (なだぎ 武 Nadagi Takeshi)
- Shun Makura (真倉 俊 Makura Shun): Shingo Nakagawa (中川 真吾 Nakagawa Shingo)
- Lily Shirogane (リリィ白銀 Riryi Shirogane): Nao Nagasawa (長澤 奈央 Nagasawa Nao)
- Frank Shirogane (フランク白銀 Furanku Shirogane): Fubito Yamano (山野 史人 Yamano Fubito)
- Masaru (マサル): Kohei Yamamoto (山本 康平 Yamamoto Kōhei)
- Nobu (ノブ): Kenta Nitta (新田 健太 Nitta Kenta)
- Miki (ミキ): Mitsumi Hiromura (広村 美つ美 Hiromura Mitsumi)
- Boss (先生 Sensei): Masahiro Noguchi (野口 雅弘 Noguchi Masahiro)
- Female Bodyguard (女用心棒 On'na Yōjinbō): Ayumi Shimozono (下園 愛弓 Shimozono Ayumi)
- Aoi's Father (葵の父親 Aoi no Chichioya): Taro Suwa (諏訪 太朗 Suwa Tarō)
- Drunken Man (酔っ払い Yopparai): Keiichi Hasegawa (長谷川 圭一 Hasegawa Keiichi)
- Master of Fumen (風麺マスター Fūmen Masutā): Hiroshi Doki (どうき ひろし Dōki Hiroshi)
- Kamen Rider Eternal cast
- Katsumi Daido (大道 克己 Daidō Katsumi): Mitsuru Matsuoka (松岡 充 Matsuoka Mitsuru)
- Young Katsumi Daido: Masaki Suda
- Professor Maria (プロフェッサー・マリア Purofessā Maria): Aya Sugimoto (杉本 彩 Sugimoto Aya)
- Kyosui Izumi (泉 京水 Izumi Kyōsui): Genki Sudo (須藤 元気 Sudō Genki)
- Reika Hanehara (羽原 レイカ Hanehara Reika): Minase Yashiro (八代 みなせ Yashiro Minase)
- Ken Ashihara (葦原 賢 Ashihara Ken): Masayuki Deai (出合 正幸 Deai Masayuki)
- Gozo Domoto (堂本 剛三 Dōmoto Gōzō): Koji Nakamura (中村 浩二 Nakamura Kōji)
- Jun Kazu (加頭 順 Kazu Jun): Gong Teyu (コン・テユ Kon Teyu)
- Tabata (田端): Tsunekichi Takeoka (竹岡 常吉 Takeoka Tsunekichi)
- Mina (ミーナ Mīna): Rin Takanashi (高梨 臨 Takanashi Rin)
- Doctor Prospect (ドクター・プロスペクト Dokutā Purosupekuto): Jyunichi Haruta (春田 純一 Haruta Jun'ichi)
- Lloyd (ロイド Roido): Sho Tomita (富田 翔 Tomita Shō)
- Shion (シオン): Sanae Hitomi (人見 早苗 Hitomi Sanae)
- Riki (リキ): Hiroyuki Hakamada (袴田 裕幸 Hakamada Hiroyuki)
- Cho-san (チョウさん Chōsan): Hideyuki Otsuki (大月 秀幸 Ōtsuki Hideyuki)
- Nonko (ノンコ): Shizuka Midorikawa (緑川 静香 Midorikawa Shizuka)
- Sweets Man (スイーツの男 Suītsu no Otoko): Riku Sanjo (三条 陸 Sanjō Riku)
- Kamen Rider Double: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Accel: Eitoku (永徳), Hirofumi Fukuzawa (福沢 博文 Fukuzawa Hirofumi)
- Kamen Rider Eternal: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Commander Dopant, Eyes Dopant, Sweets Dopant: Yugo Fujii (藤井 祐伍 Fujii Yūgo)
- "Kamen Rider Accel" opening theme
- "Leave all Behind"
- "Kamen Rider Eternal" ending theme
- "cod-E ~E no Angō~" (cod-E ～Eの暗号～ Kōdo Ī ~Ī no Angō~, lit. "Code E")
- Lyrics and Composition: Mitsuru Matsuoka
- Artist: SOPHIA
- In both portions, the writers who respectively wrote each movie make a brief appearance.
- It is questionable why the crime boss didn't use the Unicorn Memory when Terui fought his underlings.
- It is also questionable why Maria didn't stop (or even see what was happening) her son from becoming a madman by not using him in NEVER's experiments or making him face dangerous people including multiple Masquarade Dopants.
- When Izumi said the he would punish his opponents in place of the Sun, that was actually a homage to Sailor Moon who often states to her opponents that she would punish them in place of the Moon.
- This is somewhat ironic as Izumi later gained the T2 Luna Memory in his fight against Shotaro and the others.
- It is interesting to note that the member's of Daido's team seem to be less ruthless and evil in this movie.
- The ending credits of Accel's portion features bloopers during the filming.
- Both films (Accel and Eternal) had featured several actors who had previously worked for Super Sentai.