|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider Hibiki.|
|Kamen Rider Hibiki|
|Led by:||The Real Man and Woman|
|Generals and other Notable Members:|
|Grunts/Footsoldiers:||Makamou Ninja Group|
The Makamou (魔化魍) is an assortment of monstrous creatures that usually dwell in the rural areas and consumed human beings as food in Kamen Rider Hibiki. In contrast to the humanoid adversaries in other Kamen Rider series, most of the Makamou were usually gigantic monsters of the kaiju genre whose designs and names were based on mythical creatures from Japanese folklore. Furthermore, the Makamou are aided by a mysterious pair of humans. The name Makamou can be translated "Demonized Spirits of the Countryside".
World of Hibiki
The Makamou exist in the A.R. World of Hibiki, where they are fought by the Oni Kamen Riders. Similar to the originals, they are an assortment of monstrous creatures that usually dwell in the rural areas of Japan and consume any human beings as food. There are two main variations of this group: the bestial Giant Type and the humanoid Summer Type. In the first episode, Makamou such as the Bakegani and Ooari attack Natsumi while others like the Ubume were involved in the all-out battle among the monster groups that destroys the world.
- Hibiki (ヒビキ Hibiki) is the master of the taiko-based Ongekidō Hibiki Style. Because he lost his righteous heart through his desire to become stronger, Hibiki is consumed by his Oni power and starts his metamorphosis into the legendary half-Oni half-Makamou, Gyuki (牛鬼 Gyūki, Ox Demon). As a result, Hibiki adopts a lazy and rude attitude to most people, wears modern clothing, and even attempts to drive Asumu away in an attempt to retire from being an Oni. It is only when Kuuga is about to get killed by a Tengu Makamou that Hibiki decides to assume his Oni form and transforms into Gyuki as a result, wounding Ibuki and Zanki before being driven away by their pupils. Knowing that he will no longer be able to assume his human or Oni form again should he transform into Gyuki, he gives up his Transformation Tuning Fork Onkaku to Daiki Kaito to give to Asumu, who becomes the new Hibiki and must slay his former master as his final request. Hibiki is portrayed by David Ito (デビット 伊東 Debitto Itō), while his Gyuki form is voiced by Keikō Sakai (酒井 敬幸 Sakai Keikō).
- Kappa (カッパ 18): A Summer Type snapping turtle/frog-like Makamou, it was first one that Tsukasa and company encounter before Asumu arrives to fight it. In the end, the Kappa is destroyed by Decade using Kabuto's Rider Kick.
- Bakeneko (バケネコ 18): A trio of Summer Type humanoid cat Makamou. While the first two are destroyed by Zanki and Ibuki, the last one evades them before being destroyed by Decade's Dimension Kick.
- Ooari (オオアリ 18): A Giant Type ant Makamou.
- Tengu (テング 18): A Summer Type ape/parrot Makamou that attacked Hibiki and Asumu, overpowering Kuuga until Hibiki assumes his Oni form and destroys the Makamou.
- Ubume (ウブメ 18): A Giant Type oarfish Makamou with white bird wings.
- Bakegani (バケガニ 18 & 19): A Giant Type swimming crab Makamou, larger than the average type with more pincers. It is released by Takeshi Asakura/Kamen Rider Ouja and appears with Narutaki riding on it once Gyuki is destroyed. The Bakegani is destroyed through the combined efforts of Hibiki, Decade, Diend, Amaki, Todoroki, Ibuki, and Zanki.
As one of the races of the Nine Worlds, the Makamou are part of the Dai-Shocker alliance, a coalition of all villain organizations fought by the Kamen Riders, who have ambitions to conquer the multiverse.
The Makamou Kappa, Bakeneko, and Hitotsumi, were part of the Dai-Shocker army that was fought and wiped out by a gathering of 25 Kamen Riders in the World of Decade after Dai-Shocker started their invasion of the worlds.
The Makamou Bakeneko was among the Dai-Shocker members who appeared in the World of Amazon. He was destroyed when Amazon used his Big Slice on him. The leader of the Vigilantes police force was also transformed into the Makamou Yobuko as a reward by Llumu Qhimil using the powers of both the GiGi and GaGa armlets on him.
The Makamou were among the various evil organizations and monster races which were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. Douji & Hime of Bakegani were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Hibiki returned and defeated the Makamou allied with Shocker.
The Makamou Ninja Group and Kasha under Nurikabe's Douji were part of the revived Dai-Shocker assembled by Decade to wipe out the Super Sentai, ensuring the survival of the Kamen Riders. After Dai-Shocker's alliance with Dai-Zangyack was revealed, both organizations were wiped out by a gathering of Kamen Riders and Super Sentai.
World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Makamou, among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters were fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
The Man and Woman
- Main article: The Man and Woman
Types of Makamou
Makamou are the monsters that are hunted by Oni. These creatures are created by the Black and White Puppets and are protected by Douji and Hime until they have fully matured. Their size and shape are dependent on the environment they are raised in.
Throughout the series, the Makamou had been acting much differently and getting stronger due to the actions of the Man and Woman. But by episode 41, a chain of events called "Orochi" begin. Marked by the appearance of Kodama's Forest, ever known Makamou appears at the same time, increasing in massive numbers to the point where not even the "Man and Woman" can control them. By the climax, the Makamou start to dissolve into a purple miasma and killing by the hundreds. Hibiki eventually stopped the Orochi climax by performing the sealing ritual, dealing with a massive army of Makamou bent on stopping him from ending their era before it could begin. In the end, the Orochi was halted and Makamou numbers dwindled back to normal.
They're the most common in the series; they're pretty much daikaiju.
- Tsuchigumo (ツチグモ 1 & 2): The giant type spider makamou with the features of a tiger. Appearing in a south direction is rare. It first emerged at Yakushima, where it was destroyed by Hibiki's Kaen Renda form
- Kaengumo (カエングモ 45): The subspecies of Tsuchigumo that appeared at Nagatoro during Orochi, able to vomits flames. Zanki ran off to fight, but was overwhelmed by the Bakenko until Todoroki arrived. The two battle together for a final time and destroy Kaengumo with their respective Raiden attacks.
- Yamabiko (ヤマビコ 3 & 4): The giant-type makamou with the feature of an ape and a parrot that mimic sounds in the mountain side. It first appeared in Okutama where it was destroyed by Hibiki's Kaen Renda form. Another Yamabiko appeared in Kosuge, pursed by Zanki in Episode 13. The Yamabiko attempted to avenge its parents, only to be wounded Midare-Douji and killed soon after.
- Bakegani (バケガニ 5, 6 & Movie): The giant type makamou with the feature of a swimming crab with acid-shooting barnacles on its back, coloring in green, red, blue, black. The first Bakegani sighted attacked people near its saltwater territory at Boso with Hibiki having a hard time fighting a Makamou due as String-instrument Oni are better suited. But Hibiki managed to destroy the Bakegani with his Kaen Renda form. A "freshwater" Bakegani was fought at Nikko in episode 15, lacking barnacles as it grew up on the river. It attempted to kill a weaken Zanki, be ended up destroyed by Zanki's Raiden Gekishin. During episode 19, Bakegani sightings increased with Todoroki defeating three in Kamakura, Hakone, and the Miura Peninsula with his Raiden Gekishin. He was briefly overpowered by a red Bakegani in Oarai, but managed to destroy it with Raiden Gekishin. A river-type appeared at Kazuno in episode 26, destroyed by Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin. During the start of Orochi, a red Bakegani appeared at Miura. While the first was destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei and Ibuki Shippuu Issen, four more appeared and corner them. The three Bakgani were destroyed when Zanki once more assume being an Oni and used his Raiden Zanshin to destroy two of them while Hibiki and Ibuki finished the other two off. A golden Bakegani appears at Sano, destroyed by Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin. A Bakegani appeared during the Waring States Era as depicted in the movie, fighting Todoroki until it was killed by Kirameki's Retsuban, Nishiki's Ressetsu and Habataki's Rekkuu.
- Amikiri (アミキリ 20): A giant type makamou with the feature of a lobster and a longhorn beetle. It a form of Bakegani that appears whenever there is a massive surge of Bakegani numbers. It's stronger than the usual version, wit flight abilities, and usually takes both a guitarist Oni and trumpeter Oni to defeat it. Todoroki encountered one in Oarai, with Hibiki taking out its wings so Todoroki can finish it off with his Raiden Gekishin. A red/white Amikiri was used by Ibuki to train for the Orochi sealing ritual, but Hibiki was forced to intervene and destroy the monster with Shippuu Issen
- Ittanmomen (イッタンモメン 7, 8 & movie): The giant type makamou with the feature of a manta ray and a swallow, usually handled by Oni talented with wind instruments. Like a dragonfly, an Ittanmomen spends most of its life underwater until it is mature enough to fly for long periods of time. The Ittanmomen at Okukuji was destroyed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. Another appears around Lake Tanzawa in episode 24, quickly destroyed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. A reddish Ittanmomen emerges from lake Tatebayashi in episode 44, destroyed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. Todoroki battled a mass of Ittanmomen at Hidaka.
- Ooari (オオアリ 9): The giant type makamou with the feature of an ant, destroyed by Hibiki's Ikki Kasei form as Fujioka. During the start of Orochi, a pair of albino Ooari appeared at Hatoyama, destroyed by Armed Hibiki's KiShin Kakusei. Another Ooari arrived at Lake Motosu while Ibuki was training, destroyed by Ibuki's Ongeki Da of Yamase and Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin.
- Otoroshi (オトロシ 9 & 10): The giant type makamou with the feature of a tortoise and a rhinoceros. It appears every 100 years to feed, appearing at Chichibu in the guise of a boulder. Otoroshi's weak points were the eyes on its shell, which were blasted to bits by Ibuki before Hibiki's Gouka Renbu form finished it off. During the start of Orochi, an Otoroshi appeared at Higashichichibu. It came close to killing Todoroki until it was blasted to bits by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen.
- Nurikabe (ヌリカベ 11 & 12): The giant type makamou with the feature of a snail for a head and a bag worm body, posing as a tree in Shimotsuke before it crawled toward the city until it was destroyed by Hibiki's Mouka Dotou form. During the start of Orochi, a Nurikabe appeared around the Western House. The Man was unable to seal it, forcing him and the woman to destroy the berserk monster.
- Ubume (ウブメ 13): The giant-type makamou that resembles an oar fish with white bird wings. Still in the infant at Lake Kamanishi, it was made the victim by Midare-dohji, who ate it whole. A full-grown Ubume is sighted at Tsumagoi in episode 21, with Ibuki pursuing it to Asama Mountain where it fused with Yamaarashi in the following episode. During the start of Orochi, a few Unbume appeared at Higashichichibu. While the first four drove Ibuki away, a fifth that appeared alongside an Otoroshi was killed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. Todoroki battled a mass of Ubume at Hidaka.
- Yamaarashi (ヤマアラシ 15 & 16): The giant type makamou that resembled a Minotaur with the back and quills of a porcupine. It could fire its quills at victims and use its tail to grab things or as a swatting weapon. A Yamaarashi was sighted at Tsukama village at Ashio, over powering Sabaki until Zanki and Todoroki arrived. Todoroki chopped its tail off before it retreated to avoid the final blow. Yamaarashi went into hiding to regenerate before resuming its attack. The monster's kneecaps are slashed by Todoroki, collapsing to the ground to receive the deathblow of Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin. Another was sighted at Karuizawa in episode 21, with Todoroki pursuing it to Asama Mountain where it fused with Unbume in the following episode.
- Oonamazu (オオナマズ 17 & 18): The giant type makamou that resembles a catfish and an angler, raised in underground lakes and sewers. It was based from Shinonome's drainage system, guided by its parents so it can shoot it stomach out to grab its prey. Ibuki and Kasami tracked the Oonamazu down, with Ibuki stalling Oonamazu's stomach, until Hibiki arrived with his Reppa. Though Hibiki is suited for the job, Ibuki took to fighting the monster, using his Shippuu Issen to reacting to the Onishi he shot into the stomach before it retracted back into the monster, causing Oonamazu to blow up from the inside-out. During the start of Orochi, an Oonamazu's stomach appeared at Higashichichibu, destroyed by Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin.
- Kamaitachi (カマイタチ 32 & 33): The giant-type Makamou, the first type without a need for Parents. Though weasel-based, Kamaitachi possessed the elements of a kerberos with its side heads holding sickles that it uses to create whirlwinds or use as weapons. A Kamaitachi appeared in Okutama to aid the Super Douji and Super Hime when they were fight Hibiki, Todoroki, and Ibuki. The fight ended with the Makamou escaping with the Armed Saber. The Kamaitchi remained in Okutama, preying on humans until Ibuki stalled it long enough long enough for Hibiki and Todoroki to arrive, finally able to transform. With the Armed Saber, Hibiki assumed Soukou form and destroyed Kamaitachi with KiShin Kakusei. A few were among the Makamou at the Orochi sealing.
- Notsugo (ノツゴ 36 & 37): The most brutal of Makamou, a scorpion with stag beetle pincers in place of claws and a spider's face. The Notsugo is able to fire needles from its stinger, and was nearly invincible except for it's mouth, though it need a sacrifice to hit it at its weak point. It appears every decade, last appearing as Shuki's final opponent, whom she swore to kill for murdering her parents a decade earlier. She attempted to hit its weak spot, resulting Zanki being mortally wounded and her being banned as Notsubo went into hiding. Ten years later, the Notsubo resurfaces at Nagatoro, feeding on humans. It evaded Sabaki and later fought Todoroki and Armed Hibiki until Shuki arrives to finish her decade fight, until the Notsubo escaped yet again. It would later appear again and pursued Akira, close to eating her as Shuki intended. But Zanki resumed his Oni form to save Akira, only for the Notsugo to eat Shuki. However, Shuki managed to get her revenge, fatally wounding herself to incapacitate the monster for an enraged Zanki to finish off with his Raiden Zanshin.
- Orochi (オロチ Movie): The 1st powerful of the Makamou, which the "Orochi" is named after, last seen in the Waring States Era at Yoshino. With the aid of its Parents, the Orochi eats an ideal maiden once a year, forcing the villagers to sacrifice their daughter to quell the Makamou's wrath when its castle raises from the sea. Though its fate was never revealed, the Orochi was defeated by the Oni when the first Hibiki used the Armed Saber to fight it. Another Orochi appeared in modern-times, attacking people at a beach and hospitalizing Hibiki. But Asumu researched the "Warring States Orochi" event and managed to find the Armed Saber for Hibiki to use as his predecessor had, killing the Orochi as Hibiki Soukou with KiShin Kakusei.
Makamou that appear during the summer, apparently starting the legend of Ghosts and Youkai appearing on Earth during the summer in Japanese myth. Though they are much smaller than the usual giant types, the true power of the Summer Makamou comes from their ability to replicate themselves in large numbers and when one is destroyed they can easily be replaced. The key to destroying them is to destroy the original so no more replicates can be created. Ongekida (Drum Weapons) are the most efficient way of destroying them. However, as shown in Decade, Summer Makamou can indeed be defeated with other oni weapons.
- Dorotabou (ドロタボウ 24): The summer type makamou that resemble a mud-based humanoid with the features of rice plants, and an apple snail, dragging people into the muddy water it resides it. A Dorotabou appeared in Asahi Village near where Hibiki & Todoroki were training. The Makamou revealed itself to save its Douji, but has began to multiply itself. While Todoroki & Ibuki uses Taiko gear to deal with most of the copies, Hibiki eventually enters Kurenai mode and defeats the original with Shakunetsu Shinku form.
- Kappa (カッパ 25): The summer type makamou with the feature of a snapping turtle and a frog, able to grow a new head to replace the one it discharges from its body, morphing into a copy. The Kappa abmushed Sabaki just finished off an its parents in Chichibu, defeating him easily. Hibiki prefers to fight Kappas on his own, due to personal reasons, assuming Kurenai mode to defeat the original and the copy it made. But another copy was formed at the last second and it attempted to escape from Hibiki in vain. At first it place Hibiki at a disadventage in the water due gunk the Kappa shoots from its mouth, covering Hibiki's forearms and crystallizing. But Hibiki trained for such an event and managed to drive the Kappa out of the water to finished it off with his Shakunetsu Shinku form, though chipping away at the harden weights had side-effects for Hibiki's vocal cords. During the start of Orochi, a pack of Kappa appeared at Higashichichibu, with the copies destroyed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen while the original was to be killed by Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin, but was crushed by Otoroshi. A pair of Kappa emerge at Tatebayashi in (44), with one by Hibiki Soukou'sKiShin Kakusei, another by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. Some Kappa then appeared at Saitama, among the Makamou destroyed by Hibiki Soukou'sKiShin Kakusei,
- Bakeneko (バケネコ 26 & 27): The summer type makamou with the feature of a cat. It was stationed at an abandoned Shinto shrine in Saruhashi. By ripping off one of its many tails, Bakeneko can produce a one-tailed copy of itself. Hibiki had a hard time fighting the copies, even in Kurenai form, before they retreated once one of them was killed. The Oni eventually find out the location of the Bakeneko. Hibiki and Todoroki battle the massive number of copies, with Kurenai Form defeating most of the Bakeneko copies, with Todoroki killing the rest with his Ongeki Da of Rakurai. Once its copies are killed, Bakeneko attacks, overpowering Hibiki until the DiscAnimals came to his aid and allowing Hibiki to kill Bakeneko with his Shakunetsu Shinku form. During the start of Orochi, a pack of Bakeneko appeared at Hatoyama, destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's Armed Saber. A group of Bakeneko appeared at Tatebayashi in episode 44, destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei and Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. The surviving one did managed to kill Zanki. Some Bakeneko appeared at Saitama, among the Makamou destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei, while others were another Nagatoro and were dealt with by Todoroki. At Sayama, Hibiki fought a pair of Bakeneko while in human form, defeating them with his RekkaKen attack. A Bakeneko appeared in the Hyper Battle DVD special, destroyed by Asamu using Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei.
- Tengu (テング 28): The summer type makamou with the feature of an ape and a parrot, resemble a smaller version of the Yamabiko. It appeared in Shimokubo, fighting Ibuki until Hibiki arrived, with the Makamou destroyed by Hibiku Kurenai's Shakunetsu Shinku form and Ibuki's Shippuu Issen. During the start of Orochi, a pair of Tengu appeared at Miura, destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei and Ibuki Shippuu Issen. Some Tengu appeared at Saitama, among the Makamou destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei. At Sano, a Tengu fought alongside a Yobuko against, Todoroki, who destroyed them both with Raiden Gekishin.
- Uwan (ウワン 34 & 35): A Summer-type cicada Makamou whose presence is signaled by cicada music. It comes in two forms: a mole cricketish larva form and a locust-like adult form. A larval form appeared in Minato-ku, borrowing underground to grab its prey. Though Armed Hibiki managed to destroy it with KiShin Kakurei, another Uwan appeared in adult form. With the aid of Super Douji & Super Hime, the Imago Uwan managed to fight off the Oni before it split off two lighter-colored copies of itself. The copies were killed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen and Todoroki's Raiden Gekishin while the original was destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's Kaen Renda form. During the start of Orochi, a quarter of Uwan appeared at Miura, destroyed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei and Ibuki Shippuu Issen. A Uwan appears at Tatebayashi during Orochi, destroyed by Zanki's Raiden Zanshin. Another Uwan appeared at Saitama, among the Makamou destroyed by Ibuki's Shippuu Issen
- Yobuko (ヨブコ 38 & 39): A Summer-type crocodile Makamou with a winged snake warped around it. A normal version appeared at Saitama, among the Makamou destroyed by 'Ibuki's Shippuu Issen At Sano, a Yobuko fought alongside a Tengu against, Todoroki, who destroyed them both with Raiden Gekishin.
- Kaendaishou (火焔大将 Movie): Kabuki's partner in crime, Destroyed by Hibiki's Onibi
- Makamou Ninja Group (魔化魍忍群 Movie): Destroyed by the seven Oni: Hibiki, Ibuki, Todoroki, Touki, Kirameki, Nishiki and Habataki
- Benikitsune (紅狐): Fox-like Makamou in ninja attire with a red fox face mask.
- Byakko (白狐): Fox-like Makamou in ninja attire with a white fox face mask.
- Hitotsumi (ヒトツミ Movie): A Summer Makamou that serves an Oni Hunter, able to assume the form of teenage girl. He killed Kabuki once he failed his masters. Destroyed by being subjected to all Onis' Onigeki attacks.
They are developed by The Man and The Woman, great improvements on the Giant and Summer types. Later on, some become immuned to the Oni Attacks after the "The Man and Woman Who Live In The Western Style House" gathered data from the Armed Saber, which was stolen by the Super Douji and Hime. One noticeable difference is that they are usually created by Puppet Makamou instead of being created by Parent Makamou.
- Nanashi (ナナシ 22): A hybrid giant-type creature whose birth was setup by the Black Puppet, enlisting the aid of the Douji/Hime pairs to offer their children. Both Ubume & Yamarashi arrived on Asama mountain, briefly fought each other until Ubume drove itself into Yamaarashi's neck, causing it to collapse to the ground with neither showing sign of movement as the BlackPuppet forms a cocoon over the two Makamou, causing them to mix and blend together within the chrystalis, merging them into one powerful beast with its components' abilities. By the time Ibuki and Todoroki arrived, the newly-born Nanashi emerges and overpowers the two Oni, immune to their Onigeki attacks. Nanashi would had killed them if Hibiki hadn't arrived, cutting the monster's tail off. The Oni use an attack from all-sides move to use a Kaen Renda form/Shippuu Issen/Raiden Gekisen combination attack to destroy the beast.
- Yoroi Tsuchigumo (ヨロイツチグモ 28 & 29): The powerful version of Tsuchigumo made by the "Armored" Black Puppet Hime at Kayanoki, it stayed underground with it parents gathering its food while its armor hardens. It emerged briefly to help its father escape the Oni. Once fully matured, the Yoroi Tsuchigumo was about to take out Todoroki and Ibuki when Eiki came to their aid, the monster retreated only to be intercepted by Hibiki before it could kill Asumu. It overpowered Hibiki until he underwent Kurenai form, killing the monster with his Bakuretsu Shinku form.
- Kasha (カシャ 30 & 31): A summer-type makamou with the feature of a white fox, remodeled by the Man with the added wheel characteristic of Wanyuudou, allowing Kasha to turn itself into a flaming wheel to incinerate prey and fire blasts from its wheel-collar. The Kasha attacked various people in Yotsuya, encountering Ibuki when it attempted to kill Asumu and Kiriya. Hibiki arrived, but the Kasha retreated. Ibuki managed to find the Kasha, with Hibiki joining the fight in Kurenai form and killing the Makamou with his Shakunetsu Shinku form. Another modified version of the Kasha appeared at Saitama, targeting two students from Kiriya's old school. It was among the Makamou destroyed by Hibiki Soukou'sKiShin Kakusei.
- Yobuko (ヨブコ 38 & 39): A Summer-type crocodile Makamou with a winged snake warped around it. Yobuko at Higashitsukuba was modified by "the Man" to be immune to Ongeki, with a sound barrier created around the feet and maintained by the snake's mouth. It managed to follow Hibiki, fighting him while the Supers kidnapped Asumu and Midori to take to Youbiko's lair, despite them managing to escape. Yobuko managed to overpower Sabaki, Todoroki, and Ibuki. But Hibiki later fought Youbuko with Asumu's help allowing Hibiki to concel the barrier and kill Yobuko in Soukou form with KiShin Kakusei.
- Satori (サトリ 48): A Summer-type Makamou with the feature of a wolf and eagle, it was made by The Man and The Woman a year after the Orochi. It was sent to kidnap an ideal specimen, abducting Hitomi and keeping its pursuers from finding her. It knocked Kiriya unconscious, though Asumu managed to get him out of there thanks to the DiscAnimals. Once regaining consciousness, Kiriya battles Satori in Oni form long enough for Ibuki & Todoroki to arrive and finished it off with their Reppuu/Retsurai combo.
- Rokurokubi (ロクロクビ 48): The giant-type and the 2nd powerful Makamou with the feature of head of a hammerhead and a centipede's body, created by The Man and The Woman a year after Orochi. Able to borrow underground, it fought the Oni after Satori was destroyed. It battled Hibiki Soukou, who destroyed it with KiShin Kakusei before it could harm Asumu.
- Kodama (コダマ): A Makamou in the form of a single tree that generates an entire forest at its disposal, able to teleport its realm at whim to trap its victims, with its laughter from all directions maddening to those lost in the Kodama Forest before being eaten. Todoroki was dispatched to investigate, only to be ambushed by a wooden puppet Kodama created. The puppet managed to overpower Hibiki Soukou and drive the Oni out of its forest. The Kodama later reappeared, trapping Ibuki and Kasumi, whom the monster intended to eat. While Ibuki and Todoroki battle the medium, Asaumu & Kiriya find Kodama and manage to free Kasumi from it, the medium feels its master's pain before being quickly destroyed by Ibuki. As for Kodama, it was killed by Hibiki Soukou's KiShin Kakusei. Unfortunately for Takeshi, as well as the "Man and Woman", the Kodama Forest's sudden appearance was an omen to signals the coming of Orochi. Another wooden puppet medium appears in Tatebayashi during Orochi, destroyed by Zanki's Raiden Zanshin.
- Ōkubi (オオクビ): A wasp Makamo referred in one of the Takeshi data files. Though an Ookubi didn't appear on the show in person, it does appears in video game version "Let's TV Play Series"
- Bakekarasu (バケカラス): A crow Makamo referenced in the show.
- Wanyūdō (ワニュウドウ): A wheel Makamo, its aspects were placed on the Kasha.
- Ōmukade (オオ カデ): A centipede Makamo that didn't appear on the show.
- Ōnyuudou (オオニュウドウ): A octopus Makamo appeared in the Kamen Rider Hibiki novel, "The compass to tomorrow".
Pages in category "Makamou"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.