|This article is about a/an monster in Kamen Rider Drive.|
|Series:||Kamen Rider Drive|
Roidmude 089 (ロイミュード０８９ Roimyūdo Zero Hachi Kyū) is a Spider-Type (スパイダー型 Supaidā-gata) Roidmude combatman who took the form of a late Gel-Shocker scientist Doctor D in Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Vs. Kamen Rider Drive Spring Vacation One-Hour Combining Special, allying with Kyuemon Izayoi on behalf of Kibaoni Army Corps to create Yokai Buruburu.
After the Yokai's demise, Kyuemon gave Buruburu's purified Sealing Shuriken to 089 in order to enable him to become Shocker Buruburu (ショッカーブルブル Shokkā Buruburu).
- Episodes: Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Vs. Kamen Rider Drive Spring Vacation One-Hour Combining Special
- Motif basis:
- Low-Class: Spider
- Advanced: Car, Yokai Buruburu
- Human form/synchronize: Doctor D (ディー博士 Dī Hakase)
- Destroyed by: Kamen Rider Drive Type Formula's Trailer Impact and Kamen Rider Deadheat Mach's Hit Macher.
A Roidmude that affiliated with Shocker, 089 was given the cells of Doctor D, the late Shocker scientist and become the said professor's replica, gaining the knowledge to manipulate history. With this, he furthered Shocker's plan by bringing the Ninningers and Kyuemon from their world, later masterminded the creation of Yokai Buruburu. During the Ninningers' battle with the Yokai, 089 and his two accomplices, Roidmude 057 and Roidmude 016 to attack Drive. With Buruburu defeated, he gained the Sealing Shuriken as a gift from Kyuemon for his help while he hand over his lackeys for her to enlarge.
Using the Sealing Shuriken, he becomes Shocker Buruburu, his advanced form and attacking several construction workers while duelling the Ninningers (save AkaNinger). He also called up another lackey, Roidmude 076 for assistance whom lead leftover Hitokarage. Eventually, a battle raged between the Sentai and Riders against Shocker armies. He was finally defeated by Drive Type Formula's Trailer Impact and Deadheat Mach's Rider Shooting. After his death, the Ninningers were returned to their world but however, as stated by Kyoichiro Kuroi, he is just a "test product" of the History Modifying Machine with the real one is in progress.
The 108 Roidmudes' fragmented data would lead to the emergence of the amalgamation Roidmude 5886.
Once becoming the copy of Doctor D, 089 developed/demonstrated the tendency to speak in a dramatic tone.
Behind the scenes
As Roidmude 089, his suit actor is Yasuhiko Imai (今井 靖彦 Imai Yasuhiko).
- Buruburu (震々 or ぶるぶる Buruburu) is a spirit that causes the shivers. It is drawn in a ghostly appearance of a woman in the book Konjaku Gazu Zoku Hyakki by Toriyama Sekien. But it is said that it can be divided into female and male. Buruburu also prefer children sometimes and they ambush in a dark place.
- The word "buruburu" is also the Japanese pronunciation for Vroom (also spelt varoom), an onomatopoeia that represents the sound of an engine revving up.
- Roidmude 089 is an inversion of the Samurai Sentai Shinkenger villain Chinomanako, as the Kamen Rider-born villain gained powers from a Super Sentai character.
- Roidmude 089's number may be a reference to the year "1989", the year that Kousoku Sentai Turboranger, the first vehicle-based Super Sentai, aired; which is ironic considering 089's actor portrayed Red Racer in the second vehicle Sentai, Gekisou Sentai Carranger, which aired in 1996.
- The same dual joke could be noted in the Carranger tribute episode of Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, when the pirate team briefly turn into the Turborangers despite Red Racer himself being right in front of them.
- The spider denomination works likewise due to Turboranger villain Yamimaru, who was assisted by the Dark Spider.
- While the Roidmudes' alliance with Shocker and the Yokai began and ended with 089, he would ultimately not be the only Roidmude to bear the motif of a Yokai. Without the influence of the Kibaoni Army, the Seeker Roidmude sported a Mokumokuren motif.