|This is a STYLE GUIDE page- part of a series of supplements to assist you in your editing of the wiki. The STYLE GUIDE is currently in construction. Please be patient.|
This section is a guide to how the articles here are named and what the purpose is of redirects.
- Rider's identities serve as article titles instead of Rider designations, unless more than one rider has used the designation. i.e. Kamen Rider 1 and Kamen Rider 2 should be disambiguation pages. Other singular identities are redirects.
- The full iteration of each article's name is used in the articles. Hence we use Kaizo Jingu as the article, with JK simply being a redirect.
- Japanese names are open for discussion (but not edit wars) if in case romanization offers multiple choices. If there's a more accepted romanization, it will be used. However, if there's official romanizations those will be used, unless the iteration appears only once and appears faulty.
- Always ensure the name matches the wiki's Japanese language policy.
- Typically full Kamen Rider names should not be used to redirect to their Rider's pages if they are eponymous (that is, with the same name). "Fourze" can redirect to Gentaro Kisaragi, but Kamen Rider Fourze must refer to the show. Naturally, exceptions are non-titular Riders such as Kamen Rider-1, Kamen Rider Verde, Kamen Rider Meteor, who, having no shows entitled to them, may have redirects in full.
- The purpose of redirects is to make typing, searching on the searchboxes, and straight URL gotos easier. Redirects are to be made when:
- The full name is not the popular name. i.e. JK redirects to Kaizo Jingu.
- The real romanization of a Japanese is unknown. i.e. Yuki may redirect to Yuuki or Yukki.
- The person has an alias. i.e. Fourze leads to Gentaro Kisaragi.
- That said, while redirects may always be present in the database, they will not always be for use on pages. i.e. Refer to official romanization for what is to be typed instead.
- Redirects should not be categorized as they make up clutter when admins clean up the categories. Categories must be used only on the actual page itself.