|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider Blade.|
The Undead (アンデッド Andeddo?) are a race of monsters in the 2004 Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Blade. The story of the Undead is the focus of the series as they were created 10,000 years ago by God in the form of a stone slab called the Stone of Sealing, to "kill" each other in a free-for-all battle royale known as the Battle Fight, with the winner granted a wish to alter the world.
The 52 Undead represented 52 different species and battled so they can wish for the species they represent to rule the Earth, while the Joker represented death. The losers would be sealed by the Stone itself. The winner of that battle was the Human Undead and the world has been populated by humans ever since. In the present, human archaeologists discover the sealed Undead and a maddened Hirose set them free by mistake. However, the new Battle Fight was a front for a sinister plot by BOARD's chairman. Among the Undeads, there are several specialized groups: the Category Aces, the Royal Club, and the Joker. True to their name, Undead cannot be killed as they are manifestations of different species and thus must be preserved for the next battle, so God had given them true immortality. Though Undeads are supposedly to be immortal, for some unexplained reasons, they can be destroyed by Decade as seen in Kamen Rider Decade. This could probably because Decade's power as the "destroyer of the worlds" is beyond even that of God's protection.
The Undead were designed by Yasushi Nirasawa, who later went on to create the 29 Horrors in GARO, the Worms in Kamen Rider Kabuto, and the Imagins in Kamen Rider Den-O. The Undead designs were later published in a book titled UNDEAD GREEN BLOOD. Several of the Undead have been made into collectable figurines, including the Caucasus and Tarantula Undeads, the Giraffa Undead and most recently the Peacock Undead.
There are 53 types of Undead, the same amount as a standard deck of playing cards with a single Joker.
A.R. World versions
The Undead also exist in the A.R. World of Blade. Similar to the originals, they are a race of monsters that are accidentally released from their seals and go on a rampage. Among them, there are several specialized Undead: Category Aces, the Royal Club, and the Joker. Several Undead also appear in the first episode when Natsumi is trapped within the changing dimensions. They include the Lizard, Pecker, Squid, and Caucasus Undead. In the World of Diend, instead of Jashin-14 to be controlled by Undead, it appears as a sentient villain while having Darkroaches and the whole brainwashed villagers under his control. Another Undead also made it's debut who is Bossroach (modeled after the Beetle Undead) controls several Darkroaches.
- The Paradoxa Undead (パラドキサアンデッド Paradokisa Andeddo?) is the King of Hearts Undead. He is able to create a blade-like wind from his forearm to kill his target. Normally, he is disguised as a man named Kamata (鎌田?). After being exposed in the World of Ryuki (having been taken there by Narutaki), Kamata returns to the World of Blade where he works with Hajime in a plot to take over the world as the chairman of the BOARD Corporation. After helping Hajime steal the three other Rider Systems, Kamata helps him create the Joker Rouze Card. He is later defeated alongside the Joker by Decade and Blade. Masato Irie continues to portray Kamata and provides the voice the Paradoxa Undead in the World of Blade arc. In the In the music video for "Journey through the Decade", Gackt summons the Paradoxa Undead to fight Tsukasa.
- Buffalo Undead (バッファローアンデッド Baffarō Andeddo?, 8): The Eight of Spades Undead, he terrorizes humans until Kazuma and Hishigata confront him before receiving clearance to transform into Blade and Garren. In the end, the Buffalo Undead is defeated by Blade's Lightning Blast before being sealed into the Magnet Buffalo card.
- Elephant Undead (エレファントアンデッド Erefanto Andeddo?, 8): The Jack of Clubs Undead, he is destroyed by Decade using Ryuki's Strike Vent.
- Capricorn Undead (カプリコーンアンデッド Kapurikōn Andeddo?, 8): The Queen of Spades Undead, he aids the Paradoxa Undead until he is destroyed by Decade's Dimensional Kick.
- Artificial Joker: After combining all four Rider Buckles, thus the Artificial Joker Card was created allowing Shijo to transforms into Artificial Joker Undead and dominate the Earth with the aid of Paradoxa Undead. However, Decade and Blade was able to turn the tables by using the Blade Blade to terminate the artificial Undead once and for all.
- Bossroach: Bossroach is one of the Roach enforcers who watch over the human race, whom he sees to be inferior. He controls a small portion of Darkroaches as his personal soldiers. Bossroach is then destroyed by Decade Complete Form using the Kiva Emperor Final KamenRide.
- Jashin-14: The leader of the Roaches and ruler of World of Diend, assuming the human-like form of Fourteen (フォーティーン, Fōtīn) for his "ideal peace", turning humans into mindless slaves. He commanded an army of Darkroaches as foot soldiers to enforce his will along with brain washed humans. Eventually, facing Decade and his allies, Fourteen assumes his true form before being destroyed by Decade in Complete Form with aid from Armed Hibiki, cutting him in half. After his demise, the Roaches vanish and everyone he'd brainwashed were set free.
As one of the races of the Nine Worlds, the Undead are part of the Dai-Shocker alliance, a coalition of all villain organizations fought by the Kamen Riders, who have ambitions to conquer the multiverse.
The Elephant and Giraffa Undead, as well as Darkroach, were part of the Dai-Shocker army that was fought and wiped out by a gathering of 25 Kamen Riders in the World of Decade after Dai-Shocker started their invasion of the worlds.
The Undead, represented by Kerberos, were among the various evil organizations and monster races which were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. The Eagle, Serpent, Tiger, and Giraffa Undead were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Blade returned and defeated the Undead allied with Shocker.
An unsealed Tortoise Undead was a member of Space Shocker, an evil amalgamation organization similar to Dai-Shocker, which aimed to conquer the universe. It was actually a front for the revival of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou.
World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Undead, among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters were fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
The Category Ace Undead are the best fighters out of the Undead, with Chalice as the strongest followed by the Spider Undead. Their cards are an important part in the Rider system, with the Riders donning armor modeled after the animals the Aces represent. All Aces appear in the series except the Stag Undead.
These Undead are of Categories 2 to 10, and thus are either the most easier and most annoying of the Undead to fight against, with most of these unable to speak like humans. Only 22 of the 36 Undead made physical appearances in the series.
Royal Club Undead
The Royal Club Undeads are those of Category Jack, Category Queen and Category King, special classes that can disguise themselves as humans and speak human languages. They are feared by the other Undeads and either work in teams or work alone. If sealed, the Jacks and Kings serve as "upgrade cards" for the Riders to assume Jack and King Forms, with the Queens functioning to evoke the transformation.
All Royal Club Undead appeared in the show except the King of Hearts, the Paradoxa Undead, though he appears in the Kamen Rider Decade series, his identity being that of a man named Kamata who transforms into Kamen Rider Abyss. In Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace, the Royal Club Undead have not used their human forms, worked in teams, or even figure out what was going on, which has happened a lot in the series.
Although called the 53rd existence, there are actually multiple Jokers much like in a card deck. If any of them were to win the Battle Fight, it would mark the end of all life on Earth, and the Battle Fight would be reset to begin anew. Jokers are armed with different weapons each; Hajime/Joker and Shijo/Joker with a green dagger, Kenzaki/Joker armed with a sword that identical to Beetle Undead's and Shimura/Joker with a staff/halberd/sycthe.
The Trial Series are artificial monsters created by BOARD, combining human and Undead DNA with machinery. They cannot be sealed with Proper Blanks; in fact, Blanks are absorbed, allowing them to recover quickly. The Trials were developed to interfere with the Undead Battle Fight. In early production sketches, they were referred as "Undeadloids."
Gallery of Undead
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Blade video game
Many Undead (Locust Undead, Deer Undead, Trilobite Undead, Jaguar Undead, Boar Undead, Eagle Undead, Caucasus Beetle Undead, Bat Undead, Zebra Undead, Peacock Undead, Plant Undead, Moth Undead, Centipede Undead, Orchid Undead, Spider Undead, Tarantula Undead, and Joker) appear in the Kamen Rider Blade video game.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Trial (5 P)
Pages in category "Undeads"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.