Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article is about a/an race of monsters in Kamen Rider Blade.|
|Kamen Rider Blade|
|Led by:||Joker Undead|
|Generals and other Notable Members:||Royal Club Undead|
The Undead (アンデッド Andeddo) are a race of monsters in the 2004 Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Blade. The story of the Undead is the focus of the series as they were created 10,000 years ago by God in the form of a stone slab called the Stone of Sealing, to "kill" each other in a free-for-all battle royale known as the Battle Fight, with the winner granted a wish to alter the world.
The 52 Undead represented 52 different species and battled so they can wish for the species they represent to rule the Earth, while the Joker represented death. The losers would be sealed by the Stone itself. The winner of that battle was the Human Undead and the world has been populated by humans ever since. In the present, human archaeologists discover the sealed Undead and a maddened Hirose set them free by mistake. However, the new Battle Fight was a front for a sinister plot by BOARD's chairman. Among the Undeads, there are several specialized groups: the Category Aces, the Royal Club, and the Joker. True to their name, Undead cannot be killed as they are manifestations of different species and thus must be preserved for the next battle, so God had given them true immortality. Though Undeads are supposedly to be immortal, for some unexplained reasons, they can be destroyed by other Riders that aren't from Blade's world, as shown in sequels and movies. This could be because this so called "God" isn`t actually God itself but rather an entity that can only influence Blade's world.
The Undead were designed by Yasushi Nirasawa, who later went on to create the 29 Horrors in GARO, the Worms in Kamen Rider Kabuto, and the Imagins in Kamen Rider Den-O. The Undead designs were later published in a book titled UNDEAD GREEN BLOOD. Several of the Undead have been made into collectable figurines, including the Caucasus and Tarantula Undeads, the Giraffa Undead and most recently the Peacock Undead.
There are 53 types of Undead, the same amount as a standard deck of playing cards with a single Joker.
World of Blade
The Undead also exist in the A.R. World of Blade. Similar to the originals, they are a race of monsters that are accidentally released from their seals and go on a rampage. Several Undead also appear in the first episode when Natsumi is trapped within the changing dimensions. They include the Lizard, Pecker, Squid, and Caucasus Undead.
- The Paradoxa Undead (パラドキサアンデッド Paradokisa Andeddo) is the King of Hearts Undead. He is able to create a blade-like wind from his forearm to kill his target. Normally, he is disguised as a man named Kamata (鎌田). After being exposed in the World of Ryuki (having been taken there by Narutaki), Kamata returns to the World of Blade where he works with Hajime in a plot to take over the world as the chairman of the BOARD Corporation. After helping Hajime steal the three other Rider Systems, Kamata helps him create the Joker Rouze Card. He is later defeated alongside the Joker by Decade and Blade. Masato Irie continues to portray Kamata and provides the voice the Paradoxa Undead in the World of Blade arc. In the music video for "Journey through the Decade", Gackt summons the Paradoxa Undead to fight Tsukasa.
- Buffalo Undead (バッファローアンデッド Baffarō Andeddo, 8): The Eight of Spades Undead, he terrorizes humans until Kendate and Hishigata confront him before receiving clearance to transform into Blade and Garren. In the end, the Buffalo Undead is defeated by Blade's Lightning Blast before being sealed into the Magnet Buffalo card.
- Elephant Undead (エレファントアンデッド Erefanto Andeddo, 8): The Jack of Clubs Undead, he is destroyed by Decade using Ryuki's Strike Vent.
- Capricorn Undead (カプリコーンアンデッド Kapurikōn Andeddo, 8): The Queen of Spades Undead, he aids the Paradoxa Undead until he is destroyed by Decade's Dimensional Kick.
- Artificial Joker: After combining all four Rider Buckles, thus the Artificial Joker Card was created allowing Shijo to transforms into Artificial Joker Undead and dominate the Earth with the aid of Paradoxa Undead. However, Decade and Blade was able to turn the tables by using the Blade Blade to terminate the artificial Undead once and for all.
World of Diend
In the World of Diend, humanity is ruled by the Jashin-14 which, rather than being controlled by Undead, appears as a sentient villain in this world while having Darkroaches and brainwashed humans under his control. Another Undead exclusive to this world is Bossroach.
- Jashin 14 (邪神１４ Jashin Fōtīn) is leader of the Roaches and ruler of the World of Diend, assuming the human-like form of Fourteen (フォーティーン Fōtīn) for his "ideal peace", turning humans into mindless slaves. He is a massive creature with multiple arms that floats through the air. He is destroyed by Decade in Complete Form with aid from Armed Hibiki, cutting him in half. After his demise, the Roaches vanish and everyone he'd brainwashed were set free.
- Bossroach (ボスローチ Bosurōchi) is one of the Roach enforcers who watch over the human race, whom he sees to be inferior. Bossroach resembles the Caucasus Undead. Bossroach is then destroyed by Decade Complete Form using Kiva Emperor Form's power.
- Darkroaches (ダークローチ Dākurōchi) are Category Unknown Undead who are minions of Fourteen, going after any one who breaks the law. Many of them are killed by the Riders and when their master is destroyed by Decade and Armed Hibiki, the Darkroaches fade away into nothingness.
As one of the races of the Nine Worlds, the Undead are part of the Dai-Shocker alliance, a coalition of all villain organizations fought by the Kamen Riders, who have ambitions to conquer the multiverse.
The Elephant and Giraffa Undead, as well as Darkroach, were part of the Dai-Shocker army that was fought and wiped out by a gathering of 25 Kamen Riders in the World of Decade after Dai-Shocker started their invasion of the worlds.
The Undead, represented by Kerberos, were among the various evil organizations and monster races which were allied with Shocker in an alternate timeline where they conquered the world thanks to the Shocker Greeed. The Eagle, Serpent, Tiger, and Giraffa Undead were among Shocker's army of monsters. When all the Kamen Riders came back in 2011, Blade returned and defeated most of the Undead (with the Tiger Undead seemingly defeated by Amazon) allied with Shocker.
An unsealed Tortoise Undead was a member of Space Shocker, an evil amalgamation organization similar to Dai-Shocker, which aimed to conquer the universe. It was actually a front for the revival of the Space Crime Syndicate Madou.
World within the Magic Stone
The souls of defeated Undead, among the other monster races fought by the Kamen Riders, surfaced in the world within the Magic Stone which was ruled by the evil wizard Amadum. Amadum's army of monsters were fought and destroyed by the 15 Heisei Riders when they were summoned to this world.
Super Hero Taisen GP
In an alternate timeline created by Shocker's History Modifying Machine enacting an assassination of the Double Riders by Kamen Rider 3 in 1973, research on the Undead was conducted by the Shocker executive Leangle, who along with the other BOARD Riders Blade, Garren and Chalice, served as Shocker Riders to the evil organization which ruled the world in this timeline.
The Category Ace Undead are the best fighters out of the Undead, with Chalice as the strongest followed by the Spider Undead. Their cards are an important part in the Rider system, with the Riders donning armor modeled after the animals the Aces represent. All Aces appear in the series except the Stag Undead.
These Undead are of Categories 2 to 10, and thus are either the most easier and most annoying of the Undead to fight against, with most of these unable to speak like humans. Only 22 of the 36 Undead made physical appearances in the series. While considered to be weaker in comparison to most other Undeads, it should be noted that the winner of the previous battle was the Human Undead.
- Bat Undead
- Locust Undead
- Plant Undead
- Deer Undead
- Moth Undead
- Centipede Undead
- Trilobite Undead
- Zebra Undead
- Jaguar Undead
- Shell Undead
- Lion Undead
- Dragonfly Undead
- Boar Undead
- Mole Undead
- Buffalo Undead
- Pecker Undead
- Tortoise Undead
- Scarab Undead
- Human Undead
- Jellyfish Undead
- Lizard Undead
- Squid Undead
- Chameleon Undead
Royal Club Undead
The Royal Club Undeads are those of Category Jack, Category Queen and Category King, special classes that can disguise themselves as humans and speak human languages. They are feared by the other Undeads and either work in teams or work alone. If sealed, the Jacks and Kings serve as "upgrade cards" for the Riders to assume Jack and King Forms, with the Queens functioning to evoke the transformation.
All Royal Club Undead appeared in the show except the King of Hearts, the Paradoxa Undead, though he appears in the Kamen Rider Decade series, his identity being that of a man named Kamata who transforms into Kamen Rider Abyss. In Kamen Rider Blade: Missing Ace, the Royal Club Undead have not used their human forms, worked in teams, or even figure out what was going on, which has happened a lot in the series.
- Peacock Undead
- Orchid Undead
- Capricorn Undead
- Eagle Undead
- Wolf Undead
- Elephant Undead
- Tarantula Undead
- Serpent Undead
- Caucasus Undead
- Tiger Undead
- Giraffa Undead
Although called the 53rd existence, there are actually multiple Jokers much like in a card deck. If any of them were to win the Battle Fight, it would mark the end of all life on Earth, and the Battle Fight would be reset to begin anew. Jokers are armed with different weapons each; Hajime/Joker and Shijo/Joker with a green dagger, Kenzaki/Joker armed with a sword that identical to Beetle Undead's and Shimura/Joker with a staff/halberd/sycthe.
The Trial Series are artificial monsters created by BOARD, combining human and Undead DNA with machinery. They cannot be sealed with Proper Blanks; in fact, Blanks are absorbed, allowing them to recover quickly. However, as the Trials are not immortal, they can be destroyed. The Trials were developed to interfere with the Undead Battle Fight. In early production sketches, they were referred as "Undeadloids."
Gallery of Undead
Video Game appearances
Kamen Rider Blade video game
- Several Undead costumes, namely the Tortoise Undead, Caucasus Undead, Paradoxa Undead, and a modified Trial F, were used in a cameo in the OOO portion of Movie War Mega Max, where they were used to depict the obscured future monsters which attacked humanity in the future where Michal Minato comes from. However, it is unclear whether it is just a case of suit reuse or if they were meant to be the Undead unsealed again in the future.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Trial (5 P)
Pages in category "Undeads"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.