|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
|WARNING: This episode contains scenes of blood and bloodshed. Viewer discretion is advised!|
|We're Kamen Riders!|
|Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, Episode 14|
|Air date January 15, 2017|
|Written by Yuya Takahashi|
|Directed by Shojiro Nakazawa|
A New Challenger Appears!
We're Kamen Riders! (We’re 仮面ライダー！ Wia Kamen Raidā!) is the fourteenth episode of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. It features the full debut of Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Level XX and the debut of the Gashacon Key Slasher. It also features the debut of the Bike Gamer in memory of Kamen Rider Lazer.
Ex-Aid, now as two, get into an argument about defeating Genm or the Aranbura Bugster. They both seem to be Emu, but Genm and the Bugster take this opportunity to escape. Emu reverts to his human form and falls unconscious.
Wanting to save Dr. Shirakawa, Emu asks Hiiro to perform a surgery on his cancer. He has his Gashat back and faces the Aranbura Bugster to also cure Shirakawa's game illness. Will the surgery succeed? What will happen to Ex-Aid?!
That night, Emu visits the patient Kazuki Shirakawa, reporting that the Bugster escaped. Though Kazuki claims he’s accepted his fate already, Emu doubts this. Meanwhile, Poppy and Hiiro watch from the observation window, wondering what had happened to Emu back during the battle…
After his Level Up to Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Level XX split him into two people, they each claim to be the real one, but with the left Blue using Emu’s usual “boku” to refer to himself, and the right Orange instead using the "M" persona’s “ore”. Orange calls the Gashacon Key Slasher to attack Genm, but Blue tries to turn their attention to Level 5 Aranbura to save the patient; in the ensuing argument, both enemies escape. Orange claims the game wasn’t over, but Blue cancels his transformation, pulling him and Orange together before reverting to Emu, who gets a sudden painful ringing in his head before passing out. That night again, Kuroto and Parad discuss Emu’s new Mighty Brothers XX Gashat and how he survived using it, Kuroto calling it a bootleg and wanting its data erased; Kuroto is also almost done with another new Gashat for Parad. At his clinic, Taiga is paid another visit by Nico, discussing how Emu’s personality changes while gaming and hinting she may have known him in the past.
Emu tells Hiiro of Kazuki’s pancreatic cancer, asking if he could remove it; Hiiro says the patient chose not to do that, and doctors can’t say otherwise. However, Emu points out that Aranbura may have targeted Hiiro because he was one of the few doctors who might possibly be able to perform the surgery successfully, and losing that chance would cause Kazuki the most stress. Hiiro repeats that it’s not a doctor’s choice, but Emu mocks that Hiiro doesn’t want to risk ruining his perfect reputation on a real challenge; saying he can handle the Bugster, Emu negotiates his Gashats back. For the first time visiting a patient, Hiiro meets with Kazuki. Kazuki doesn’t want Hiiro to risk his reputation on the operation, but Hiiro dismisses that as a reason to refuse the surgery, presenting him the decision once again.
Aranbura attacks the Seito University Hospital to draw out Hiiro, but Emu arrives instead, saying that Hiiro is busy with an operation: Kazuki has accepted Hiiro’s offer, and the surgery is already beginning. Emu transforms into Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 2. The surgery continues in the background as Ex-Aid fights Aranbura, using Kiriya’s Gashat to summon the Bike Gamer for a Bakusou Critical Strike, plowing into Aranbura and carrying him to a shipyard on the front of the motorcycle, only stopping when he meets Kuroto. Kuroto transforms into Genm Zombie Gamer Level X, summoning the Gashacon Sparrow to combat Ex-Aid’s Gashacon Breaker as Taiga and Nico arrive and watch hidden on the sidelines, Taiga ignoring her nagging him to attack M. Genm barrages Ex-Aid with the Sparrow at point-blank range, knocking him out of his transformation, calling himself the Game Master and demanding the new game be deleted, but Emu dismisses his talk of games, saying he’s operating on a patient; he transforms again into Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Level X then Level XX, his splitting into two taking Nico completely by shock. Orange calls the Gashacon Key Slasher, and the two Ex-Aids vow for a perfect co-op. The two fight Genm and Aranbura, passing the single Key Slasher between them as needed, switching it between its Blade, Gun, and Axe Modes. Hiiro’s operation skills shine as the nurses are in awe at the speed of the procedure. After knocking Genm back with Gun Mode followed by a double kick, the Ex-Aids avoid Aranbura’s Shock and Burn spells, Orange slashing him with Axe Mode before summoning a row of blocks in midair for them to land on; Blue jumps from below and hits the block Aranbura is standing on before Orange kicks him off again. Aranbura tries his final new spell, Fracture, but before he can, the two Ex-Aids trigger a Mighty Double Critical Strike, a string of spinning kick attacks that then reverts them to Level X to knock Aranbura into the air before splitting again for a double Rider Kick, destroying the Bugster. The Ex-Aids silently admit the attack was a bit overkill, but Genm uses the Gashacon Bugvisor to vacuum in the debris of Aranbura, and he appears on its screen wanting to be let out; Genm says fate is out of Ex-Aid’s control before leaving. The Ex-Aids undo their transformation and combine back into Emu, but another painful ringing in his head collapses him unconscious to the ground. Taiga walks over.
Emu reawakens to an empty boatyard and rushes off to check on Hiiro’s operation. Nico asks Taiga why he wiped blood from Emu’s mouth and bagged it while Emu was unconscious. As Emu arrives at the hospital, Hiiro walks out of the operation room, reaffirming to Emu and Asuna that “there is nothing I cannot cut”. Emu thanks him, and Hiiro hides a smile as he walks away. Meanwhile, Taiga is scanning Emu’s blood sample with his CR stethoscope. Emu visits the recovering Kazuki. Taiga's equipment reveals a Bugster infection with progression hovering around 10%. Emu has the game illness.
- Emu Hojo (宝生 永夢 Hōjō Emu): Hiroki Iijima (飯島 寛騎 Iijima Hiroki)
- Hiiro Kagami (鏡 飛彩 Kagami Hiiro): Toshiki Seto (瀬戸 利樹 Seto Toshiki)
- Taiga Hanaya (花家 大我 Hanaya Taiga): Ukyo Matsumoto (松本 享恭 Matsumoto Ukyō)
- Asuna Karino (仮野 明日那 Karino Asuna): Ruka Matsuda (松田 るか Matsuda Ruka)
- Kuroto Dan (檀 黎斗 Dan Kuroto): Tetsuya Iwanaga (岩永 徹也 Iwanaga Tetsuya)
- Parad (パラド): Shoma Kai (甲斐 翔真 Kai Shōma)
- Nico Saiba (西馬 ニコ Saiba Niko): Reina Kurosaki (黒崎 レイナ Kurosaki Reina)
- Narration: Junichi Suwabe (諏訪部 順一 Suwabe Jun'ichi)
- Rider Gashat (ライダーガシャット Raidā Gashatto, Voice): Hironobu Kageyama (影山 ヒロノブ Kageyama Hironobu)
- Kazuki Shirakawa (白河 一樹 Shirakawa Kazuki): Kohki Okada (岡田 浩暉 Okada Kōki)
- Mizuki (みずき): Megumi Mizoguchi (溝口 恵 Mizoguchi Megumi)
- Satsuki (さつき): Mayuna Saburi (佐分利 眞由奈 Saburi Mayuna)
- Aranbura Bugster (アランブラバグスター Aranbura Bagusutā, Voice): Dai Matsumoto (松本 大 Matsumoto Dai)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Level 1, Level X: Satoshi Fujita (藤田 慧 Fujita Satoshi)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Level 2, Level XX R: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Level XX L: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Kamen Rider Genm Level X: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Aranbura Bugster: Danki Sakae (榮 男樹 Sakae Danki)
- Gashat Used:
- Level Used:
- When Emu inserted the Mighty Action X Gashat, Double Action Gamer Level X didn't appear as a selectable character, but did when he used Mighty Brothers XX.
- Before Double Action Gamer Level X split into the Mighty Brothers L and R. The left eye is blue instead of the normal teal coloring.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger episode 45, Ep. 45: Broken Seal.
- Closing Screen:
- Text Color: Pink
- Count at episode end
- Gashats in Ex-Aid's possession: Mighty Action X, Gekitotsu Robots, Drago Knight Hunter Z, Shakariki Sports, Bakusou Bike, Mighty Brothers XX
- Gashats in Brave's possession: Taddle Quest, DoReMiFa Beat
- Gashats in Snipe's possession: Bang Bang Shooting, Jet Combat
- Gashats in Genm's possession: Proto Mighty Action X, Dangerous Zombie, Giri Giri Chambara
- Video Game References in this episode:
- Kuroto refusing to recognize Mighty Brothers XX because it wasn't made by him may refer to a gaming company’s response to unofficial fanmade games based off of their titles being distributed around on the internet. Though some simply let them stay around, others will try to have the games removed for copyright violation or other reasons.
- When Double Action Gamer R makes a platform of blocks, Double Action Gamer L jumps into the platform from the bottom, causing the Aranbura Bugster to be launched into the air. It is a reference to a stage in Super Smash Bros Brawl and the arcade version of Mario Bros., to how Mario and Luigi kill the Shellcreeper and Sidestepper.
- After the Mighty Double Critical Strike, Double Action Gamer R proceeds to ask if the finisher was 'overkill', which is a term that was popularized in certain video games as "amount of destruction exceeds what is needed".
- Given that the Double Action Gamers are a reference to Mario and Luigi, the Double Critical Strike can be seen as a reference to a Bros. Attack from the Mario & Luigi series, as both require the player to work in timed sync to maximize the amount of damage.
- The attack spell the Aranbura Bugster uses, Fracture, has a similarly named spell in the World of Warcraft MMORPG games.
- The name of this episode references that of the first episode, I'm a Kamen Rider!, but is now plural because it features the debut of two Ex-Aids instead of one.
- An Amanogawa High School student could be seen in the hospital.
- As of this episode, Kiriya Kujo has been edited out of the opening sequence, though a brief yellow-tinted empty screen in the Riders' civilian form montage reminds audiences of his absence. While Lazer's Bike Gamer Level 1 and Bike Gamer Level 2 forms are still seen, Kiriya is no longer seen during the scene when the four Riders transform into their Level 1 forms, instead standing already in Bike Gamer Level 1.
- This episode's opening sequence also has Genm Zombie Gamer Level X replacing Action Gamer Level 2, as well as Ex-Aid Double Action Gamer Level X/XX replacing Brave's, Snipe's, and Lazer's Level 3 forms.
- This is the first time Ex-Aid reverts from Double Action Gamer Level XX to Double Action Gamer Level X.
- This is the first episode since their respective debuts that Hiiro and Taiga don't transform into Brave and Snipe respectively.
- The scene where Ex-Aid rams the Aranbura Bugster and carries him elsewhere while pinned on the front of the Bike Gamer is similar to what Kuuga would do with his BeatGouram to relocate strong Gurongi so they could be defeated where their explosions couldn't harm bystanders.
- This episode reveals that Emu has an AB blood type.