|This article is about a/an episode in Kamen Rider Ex-Aid.|
White Coat License (白衣のlicense Hakui no Raisensu) is the forty-third episode of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid. It features the debut of Gamedeus Cronus, Super Gamedeus, and Taiga Hanaya's only appearance as the second Kamen Rider Cronus.
Suddenly, the Gamedeus virus begins spreading through the streets! Masamune becomes Gamedeus Cronus and appears before the other Riders, as he summons Nico into the World of Kamen Rider Chronicle! Nico is the one who is qualified to challenge the Last Boss of Kamen Rider Chronicle as a Ride-Player, but it seems clear that Masamune is going to try to Game Over the player who is closest to beating the game in order to reset it. In an attempt to save her but unwilling to let the others follow, Taiga uses the Chronicle Gashats seized from patients and goes to find her. However, the other Riders cannot enter the World of Kamen Rider Chronicle! Just what will happen to Nico's fate?
Kuroto proclaims that he has become a good person and now wishes to help the CR doctors protect the future…asking to be let out of his digital cage; no one's buying it. Suddenly, Kiriya collapses from the game illness, Emu diagnosing a new stronger version of Gamedeus' virus, Hiiro reporting that all patients from the last incident have gotten sick again, writhing in pain. The new "Masamune" confronts Taiga and Nico as they tend to Riku and his mother, transforming into Gamedeus Cronus, the combination of the ultimate villain and the only hero who can stop them. Taiga transforms to Snipe Simulation Gamer Level 50, but can't scratch Gamedeus Cronus, who uses Pause to knock him down before Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer and Brave Legacy Gamer Level 100 step in. He easily fights both of them, using Pause to move Ex-Aid into the path of Brave's attack before hitting them with Aranbura's Fracture spell. Ex-Aid uses Maximum Mighty Critical Finish to Reprogram away Gamedeus Cronus' ability to transform, but it is blocked with no effect by his shield. He jumps forward and hits the Riders with Graphite's Crimson Burst Draconian Blade, knocking Snipe and Brave out of their transformations. He then announces that the only one with the right to challenge him is Nico, a Kamen Rider Chronicle screen sweeping by and absorbing both him and her.
At CR, Kuroto reminds them that the rules of Kamen Rider Chronicle say the Ride-Player who collects the Gashatrophies can challenge the final boss. Nico finds herself in a large cement cave in the woods, the Game Area for the final boss battle. CR concludes Masamune is trying to kill the only player close to winning the game, Kuroto saying none of them have qualified to become Cronus and enter the Game Area. Gamedeus Cronus tells Nico that to win she must become Cronus and defeat him; it's Game Clear or Game Over. Taiga takes out the Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashats CR has been collecting from treated patients, vowing to stop Masamune himself and triggering one, putting it in his Gamer Driver and disappearing. Nico accepts the challenge, triggering her Gashat once, but Taiga appears and stops her, taking the Gashat; Hiiro realizes Taiga's five years with his Driver compatibility virus sample gave him the chance to build more immunity than most, letting him enter the Game Area. Taiga uses Nico's Gashat in his Driver's second slot and transforms into Cronus Chronicle Gamer, attacking Gamedeus Cronus with the Gashacon Magnum, soon switching to the Breaker. Hiiro says Taiga's always fought without self regard and knows the fate of doing this, but Emu doesn't want him to give his life for this or for him or Nico to get hurt; Kuroto inserts that he can, if he were let out, craft a cheat code to get them into the Game Area. With all the talk of people putting themselves on the line, Parado ponders how he can make up for his past actions; Poppy tells him to do it by ending Kamen Rider Chronicle.
Cronus (Taiga) swaps for the Gashacon Sword but loses it in one hit, taking the Sparrow to again lose it quickly, finally getting the Magnum into Gamedeus Cronus' face and bringing the two of them to a stop. Gamedeus Cronus says Taiga hasn't properly mastered Cronus' power, triggering Critical Crews-Aid as Cronus (Taiga) responds with Rider Critical Crews-Aid; the two attack hit each other but Gamedeus Cronus' breaks through, knocking Taiga out of his transformation. Taiga crawls in front of Nico, willing to protect his patient to the end even over her pleads to stop; even with no license, he still wants to be a doctor. Hiiro and Emu arrive through the "divine intervention" of "God Kuroto", telling Taiga if he wants to be a doctor to take better care of himself; doctors need to be healthy themselves so they can properly take care of their patients. Hiiro says the team operation to excise Gamedeus and Cronus is beginning, Emu offering Taiga the white coat of the doctor he is; Taiga accepts. The team transforms to Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer, Brave Level 100, and Snipe Level 50, attacking. Gamedeus Cronus uses Pause to put Ex-Aid between Brave and Snipe's attacks, but upon Restart, Ex-Aid as planned deflects both of them at Cronus; Ex-Aid and Brave duel Gamedeus Cronus as Snipe shoots around them before they knock him away with a double slash. Their teamwork is overpowering an angered Gamedeus Cronus, Taddle Critical Finish and Hyper Critical Sparking knocking him into a point blank Bang Bang Critical Fire, knocking them out of the Game Area.
However, when the doctors claim the fight to be over, Gamedeus Cronus laughs that they know nothing of games. Kiriya and all the other Gamedeus patients suddenly turn into Bugster Viruses, stumbling around and infecting everyone else they touch into more Viruses; a pandemic has begun, and Gamedeus Cronus grows into Super Gamedeus, a gigantic Gamedeus with dragon heads for hands. Whenever defeated, the final boss of Kamen Rider Chronicle will evolve to become stronger, and humanity is invited to play again and again to its heart's content in this eternal game with no ending.
- Emu Hojo (宝生 永夢 Hōjō Emu): Hiroki Iijima (飯島 寛騎 Iijima Hiroki)
- Hiiro Kagami (鏡 飛彩 Kagami Hiiro): Toshiki Seto (瀬戸 利樹 Seto Toshiki)
- Taiga Hanaya (花家 大我 Hanaya Taiga): Ukyo Matsumoto (松本 享恭 Matsumoto Ukyō)
- Kuroto Dan (檀 黎斗 Dan Kuroto): Tetsuya Iwanaga (岩永 徹也 Iwanaga Tetsuya)
- Asuna Karino (仮野 明日那 Karino Asuna): Ruka Matsuda (松田 るか Matsuda Ruka)
- Kiriya Kujo (九条 貴利矢 Kujō Kiriya): Hayato Onozuka (小野塚 勇人 Onozuka Hayato)
- Parado (パラド Parado): Shouma Kai (甲斐 翔真 Kai Shōma)
- Nico Saiba (西馬 ニコ Saiba Niko): Reina Kurosaki (黒崎 レイナ Kurosaki Reina)
- Masamune Dan (檀 正宗 Dan Masamune): Hiroyuki Takami (貴水 博之 Takami Hiroyuki)
- Rider Gashat (ライダーガシャット Raidā Gashatto, Voice): Hironobu Kageyama (影山 ヒロノブ Kageyama Hironobu)
- Narration, Gashacon Bugvisor II/Buggle Driver II Voice, Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashat (仮面ライダークロニクルガシャット Kamen Raidā Kuronikuru Gashatto, Voice): Junichi Suwabe (諏訪部 順一 Suwabe Jun'ichi)
- Gamedeus (ゲムデウス Gemudeusu, Voice): Masashi Sugawara (菅原 正志 Sugawara Masashi)
- Toko Suzuki (鈴木 塔子 Suzuki Tōko): Miyuu Sawai (沢井 美優 Sawai Miyū)
- Riku Suzuki (鈴木 陸 Suzuki Riku): Rihito Matsuura (松浦 理仁 Matsuura Rihito)
- Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer: Seiji Takaiwa (高岩 成二 Takaiwa Seiji)
- Kamen Rider Brave Level 100: Jun Watanabe (渡辺 淳 Watanabe Jun)
- Kamen Rider Snipe Level 50: Eitoku (永徳)
- Gamedeus Cronus: Kosuke Asai (浅井 宏輔 Asai Kōsuke)
- Kamen Rider Cronus: Yuya Nawata (縄田 雄哉 Nawata Yūya)
- Gashat Used:
- Level Used:
- When Ex-Aid Muteki Gamer removes the Maximum Mighty X Gashat from his Driver for Maximum Mighty Critical Finish, there is no sign of where the Hyper Muteki Gashat went.
- As part of Super Hero Time, this episode aired alongside Uchu Sentai Kyuranger episode 25, Space.25: Planet Toki, the Boy's Determination!.
- Coincidentally, both episodes feature the heroes obtaining a clock-based power (Cronus and Tokei Kyutama).
- Closing Screen:
- Text Color: Pink
- Count at episode end
- Gashats in Ex-Aid's possession: Mighty Action X, Gekitotsu Robots, Shakariki Sports, Bakusou Bike, Giri Giri Chambara, Mighty Brothers XX, Maximum Mighty X, Hyper Muteki, Doctor Mighty XX
- Gashats in Brave's possession: Taddle Quest, DoReMiFa Beat, Drago Knight Hunter Z, Gashat Gear Dual β, Taddle Legacy
- Gashats in Snipe's possession: Bang Bang Shooting, Jet Combat, Gashat Gear Dual β, Kamen Rider Chronicle
- Gashats in Lazer Turbo's possession: Bakusou Bike, Proto Jet Combat, Proto Shakariki Sports
- Gashats in Genm's possession: Proto Mighty Action X Origin, Dangerous Zombie
- Gashats in Para-DX's possession: Gashat Gear Dual
- Gashats in Poppy's possession: Toki Meki Crisis
- Gashats in Ride-Player Nico's possession: Kamen Rider Chronicle
- Gashats in Cronus' possession: Kamen Rider Chronicle (Master ver.), Proto Mighty Action X, Proto Taddle Quest, Proto Bang Bang Shooting, Proto Bakusou Bike, Proto Gekitotsu Robots, Proto DoReMiFa Beat, Proto Giri Giri Chambara, Proto Drago Knight Hunter Z
- Unknown owner: Ju Ju Burger
- Kuroto Dan's Life Points remaining: 4
- Video Game References in this episode:
- The group being locked out of the Kamen Rider Chronicle Game Area without a Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashat is likely a nod to video games where a specific item is required to reach the final boss.
- Likewise, cheat codes are often used in video games (whether intended by the developers or hacked in of a player's own accord) to access locations or items otherwise locked to someone of the player's current standing.
- Taiga becoming Cronus with the original suit to fight Gamedeus Cronus mirrors the SA-X from Metroid Fusion as both use the original appearance of the character they have to fight while in a new form.
- The location used for the boss battle was previously used in Kamen Rider Gaim as a Helheim Forest location frequented by the Over Lord Inves.
- Starting this episode, when Taiga becomes Snipe Level 50, a Taddle Fantasy/Bang Bang Simulations dual screen is projected; the first time, the Bang Bang Shooting transformation screen is projected as well, but the second time, it is alone. Before this, only Bang Bang Shooting's had appeared, and before episode 22, no screen had.
- Unlike Brave in episode 36, however, the Level 50 screen is projected behind the Level 2 one instead of in front of it; also, Bang Bang Simulations' side is on top for Snipe, while Taddle Fantasy's was for Brave.
- This is the first time Nico says "Henshin" instead of "Game Start" to transform (though she's interrupted).
- This is the first time a Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashat has been used in a Gamer Driver, and not in a Buggle Driver or alone to become a Ride-Player.
- It is also the first time a Gashat has been used in both the primary and secondary Gamer Driver slots, thereby letting both transformation announcements be heard (save with a Gashat and its Proto version, though Proto Gashats have only one announcement for both positions). This ignores naturally double-wide Gashats that fill both slots with a single item.
- This is the first time Taiga wields the Gashacon Breaker, the Gashacon Sword, and the Gashacon Sparrow.